Do children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

NaKuzajewska

Re: Do children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Post by NaKuzajewska »

When talking about growing up, I must say that children don't grow up too quickly nowadays. It is necessary to remember, that about seventy years ago during the World War II, many children were fighting for their homeland. They were mature,responsible and brave. Moreover, for example in the Middle Ages, kids quickly assumed family and young girls in my age were mothers. Now it seems impossible.
The fact is that nowadays a lot of children don't care about their future. They often don't help their parents, but they still play on the computer, meet with their friends and just enjoy their life. I don't think that it is something very bad, but then many adults can't live in other,mature world. I read about it. It even got its own name so-called "Peter Pan syndrome".
I claim that slow growing up is a problem of the modern world and kids should be more prepared for adult life.
MajaPu

Post by MajaPu »

Definitely! It's really bad think, 'cause I think childhood is the best time in our lives. I mean, I want to be child 4ever haha, and even now, when I'm 16 (tomorrow 17 {-: ) years old girl, I prefer when people call me child than when they me as a adult person.
But why children grow up too quickly? I think our Parents have the biggest influence of who we are and as who we feel. My Parents provided me the best childhood and I'm very grateful to Them. Why? Cause I was never a child who want new telephone, new game or sth like that. For me the most valuable thing was spending time with my Family, Friends.
But now people get changed and I can't understand it. Now for 90% of people priority is having money. They don't understand that money don't replace love, friendship, it's just stupid paper. In retrospect I see how important is to using time with our Family, Friends, cause one day it will be just memory, nothin' else.
When I see "today's children" they are only thinking about new thing to buy, they only want to have something better than someone. I think they will regret it oneday, but unfortunately- there is no coming back.

So- DON'T GROW UP, IT'S A TRAP! ;)
kowalskidzik

Post by kowalskidzik »

I think that children grow up too fast. We live in a time where everyone is busy, no time for anything. Days go by very quickly. Children generally want to grow up, but once they become adults they wish to return to those times which passed too quickly. Being a kid is cool. There aren't so many problems. People grow up too quickly and do not have time to enjoy being a child.
OlaaMej

Post by OlaaMej »

Yeah, definitely. :)
When I was little I wanted to grow up as soon as possible, to see how it is to adult. I wanted to be able to come and go back late, to go somewhere by myself and be more independent. Now I'm 17, I would like to go back to childhood and live carefree. I wish I could go to playground, not to worry about exams... I can't believe how fast I've grew up.
But there are also those who don't want to grow up. Deny his age. Even when they are 20, they behave like children. Quite like 'Peter Pan'.
The environment in which we live affects, how quickly we grow up, whether we belong to those who want to grow up as soon as possible or to those who want to be children forever. Everything has changed, and children grow up quickly to be prepared for their future life. Parents are responsible for children and they must teach kids how to deal with the problems, which day by day are becoming more.
manuyerra

Post by manuyerra »

Now a days, children adopting technology much faster because they are growing up with cell phones, tv, computers. Teaching in the schools got changed drastically from our generation to current generation.
hellofriend

Post by hellofriend »

I agree with the statement that children are growing too fast nowadays. Contemporaily, parents force their children to learn a lot of stuffs like learing an music instruments or perticipating any talent show or learning how to manage their money wisely. All of those things provide a good chance for them to communicate more, but in the meantime it also helps them grow too fast. In the same way that children could use their electronic devices to get any imforation so easily which will help them gain tons of imformations everyday. All of those things contributes to the fast-pace children growth
winsto

Post by winsto »

By the time I’m 20 I’ll have divulged into several times the information than either of my parents did. My world perspective will be more developed, and more in depth than either of them had based souly on traditional education And books.
ouahidaguer

Post by ouahidaguer »

yes,ithink they are,either physically or in their way of thinking and how they look to things ,despite they sometimes behave in an immature way especially in what concerns them ,just my opinion