Moderator: TalkingPoint

nawras

Re: Fame. Is it the new religion?

Postby nawras » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:39 am

:!: I don't agree with you

ishtiaqmetho

Postby ishtiaqmetho » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:58 pm

i don't agree with you because there is quite difference between fame and religion.

secondly, mostly famous people give the credit of their fame to God,
fame is temporary condition but the position of GOD is permanent.

kassliw

Postby kassliw » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:51 pm

I don't agree with fame is a new religion, because religion is an organized collection of beliefs , cultural systems , and world views for people. Sometimes celebrity have difficult life by fans.I would guess that for the majority of people, being constantly in the public eye and being followed by fans and the paparazzi are nuisances. Some famous people was murdered or stabbed to death by a stalker, and i think noone can't murder God.

lesoli

Postby lesoli » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:42 pm

I don't agree with this stetament. We believe in God and somebody famous can't be God. We can imitate him/her but he can't be our God. He should behave accordingly to give an example to others for example small children who mimic older and take them as an examlple.

mcIlob

Postby mcIlob » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:17 pm

I think I can say that people handle fame like a religion. I totally agree that nowadays people are more interested in some famous people’s life than their God. They prefer to imitate behavior and clothes from stars not from saints. More and more often a lot of young people want to become fame but less and less people pay attention to religion.
They have to remember that any film star, sport player or pop singer not to substitute for God.

AnaCris

Postby AnaCris » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:07 pm

I think for some people fame is the new religion. Nowadays there are some people who are capable of unimaginable things to achieve success and to become famous.

Just turn on your TV or read newspapers and magazines and you will see people doing crazy things to achieve fame. Eventually, it can become an addiction for some.

AnaCris

rokwysocka

Postby rokwysocka » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:07 pm

In my mind it isn't because famous people often don't represent good behaviour. They haven't apprioprate rules in their lifes which could imitate their fans. God should to show how we can duly live.

emilkatok

Postby emilkatok » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:24 pm

Yes, It is. A lot of people , young people look for new experiances. Our world is developed very mach. More people haven't got any time to go church. Internet, phones, computers are kind of modern god. We spend free time on watching tv, listening music or playing games. Young people don't want be for example Christian. They think , that it is boring. They don't belive in God. In my opinion it is controversial. At beginig of world people have got different gods. Maybe in future all order on the world will be change.

alexandra

Postby alexandra » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Nowadays more and more people are interested about idols. They follow their profile on facebook, twitter or different websites. They forget about basic items.
I think, fame is only lifestyle by famous people. And we, as normal people, should study about differentiate the most important issue.
For all that, fame isn't a new religion. There hasn't God.

alicjapie

Postby alicjapie » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:16 pm

I also believe that fame isn't a new religion. Religion is associated with God, beliefs, traditions. Nowadays fame is appreciated, but that doesn't mean that it is a new religion.

dariakur

Postby dariakur » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:07 am

I don't really believe in this, for some people fame might be an important part of life, but people do not pray to celebrities, they just like and admire them.

Tkiewicz

Postby Tkiewicz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:41 pm

I strongly believe that is true. Not everybody is smart enough to not follow idols, so they need to do this. If someone doesn't have their own opinion, then he/she will believe their idols. Nowadays there is a lot of people, who don't do anything, but everyone knows them.

wojcieszek

Postby wojcieszek » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:35 pm

I think that fame is not a religion. Religion is faith in someone or something. Fame is not only popular belief statement so that fame can be a religion is wrong.

olamro

Postby olamro » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:55 pm

In my opinion fame is like a new religion. I think that, because now people became famous if they wear nice clothes or have a lot of friends. In the past famous person, who was a singer really could sing and nobody looked on his clothes or hairstyle. They were really stars. Now only need to do is record a video, when you do something, it can be even something stupid, but if you are liked, you will be famous.

Klaudyna

Postby Klaudyna » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:04 pm

I think that the fame isn't the new religion because we can talk about reliogion where for exaple a group of people believe in somebody or something who have long since died or does not exist. In my point of view the fame is only a thing by which some peopple can achieve success and earn lots of money. And of course every fame person have their fans, but they love their idols mainly by the fact that they are famous and lot of people talk about them but not for example for their talent.

krozmar

Postby krozmar » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:20 pm

From my point of view, fame is not a new religion. Many people want to be like celebrities dressing up and behaving like them. People have their idols but I do not think that this is something more after the worship.

Wojteeek

Postby Wojteeek » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:54 am

As far i'm concerd fame isnt new religion because belief and being fascinated are two and diffrent things and they have not common features.

StoKin

Postby StoKin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:33 pm

In my point of view fame is not a new religion because for most people liking someone for example star is only pastime. For me religion is celebrating God in different ways in different countries.

nicbase

Postby nicbase » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:29 pm

I agree with opinion that fame is a new religion. People used to worship gods, but nowadays it is commonly observed that they worship film stars, sport players and pop singers. I suposse that stars affect for people positively. There is the reason that people idolize stars. It is hard to say if people worship stars and God equal, but I am certain that nowadays fame is more important for lots of people than other issues. They want to achieve their goals, be the best and be known.

OskiDz

Postby OskiDz » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:29 pm

I think that fame is not a new religion. It is something that people want , but this can not be the name of religion. Famous people become heroes for us-ordinary people, but remember that there are a lot of more important things than being popular . Imitating somebody, we become his copy. If you depend on popularity , you have to show something unique , then it will be respected.

aladrelich

Postby aladrelich » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:44 pm

I thinkt fame is new religion, because people are more interested what famous people do, how they act, how they look. In earlier times poeple pray to they God and now they spent more time to know what they favouritve star doing. It is not bad, that you want to more slimillar to somebody or know what they are doing and where thet are buying clothes, but you should know that you have to be yourself! :)

Return to “Talking Point Discussion”