Holidays are a waste of time.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

sunnyni

Post by sunnyni »

Holiday is very important for me. I need it very much.
For only in holiday i can do what i want to do,such as today i stay at home to post reply in forum. Holiday is a adjustment for us. In holiday we can relax our brain, refresh our eyes and go on further self study. In the workday , it is impossible for us have enough to do our private matter.
Of cause , how do you spend your holiday will have different opinion.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Oh well maybe we all need a holiday from this thread! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Holidays are a waste of time.

Post by sweethuman »

I totally disagree with this. Holidays are good for a person to complete/finish his/her home chores/households when he is busy in the official works the other days of the week.
pattpim

Post by pattpim »

I don't think so, because holidays are the days that you can take time to do other activities
except your routine, and your brain is relaxed, sometimes you may get a new idea or
new friend from holidays time.I sure that have something good in holidays,believe me?
Note: As I'm writing english that is holiday too, so I get many things from EC. {-:
eoiamalia

Post by eoiamalia »

Our brain needs to relax to work fine. Sleeping is necessary for us. We can't work during a long period of time without stopping because our body can react and get ill. The more you work without having a rest, the sooner your body will feel it. Your memory will work better if you get some holidays.

Holidays are for you to relax your mind and do all you really want to do... if you don't like your job, of course. There are people who get more stressed on holidays. In my opinión the best holidays for me are relaxing in the mountain and gathering with friends, having a good conversation and laughing. I don't have children; if I had, I would enjoy my holidays with them, obviously.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

I guess for people who have no belief, this is true.
Holidays are the only time or season where we could be happy with the others... there is a feeling of belongingness always...
Meticulous

Post by Meticulous »

Good. Did you notify about that your chief? Actually human has not so much time for working without cessation. Life go on. And you always lose some small amount of time. After thirty time go with greater speed. You begin understand that all you have is work. It is sad, depressing, destroying thought. Work is good thing. But with holidays you can get some new experience by reading book, meeting with new people, traveling in new places. Even resting in solitude can be new experience.Of course it depends of what tipe of person you are.
NoraHUSO

Post by NoraHUSO »

I think holidays aren't a waste of time. In fact, all the year we are under pressure, this could lead to a depression for some people. The best instance for this is when you leave your student life to enter in the life of work. Because in Belgium at the university we have 3 months of holidays (if we pass our exams :geek: ). And at the beginning workers only have few days of holidays. And those few days in a year are not enough to change your mind. Another advantage is when you come back from holidays, you are more motivated to start again the work and you are more effective ! And you ? How is it in your country?
MajaPu

Post by MajaPu »

I definitely don't agree with this sentence. I think the way we spend our holidays depends only on us. It somebody want to only lie all days- yes, for me it's waste of time. But if sb want to travel, learn sth new or spend time with friends- it's sth great and for sure it's not wasting time!
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

it's a good season for everyone to de-stress actually yet still not for everybody.
esl member since 2007
mubeen

Post by mubeen »

Continuously working make a person inefficient, rest is naturally required. Man is not machine, beside the productivity, there is also a social life. Social life is one of the basic needs of mankind.

are you agree with my opinion????????????
Murazik
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Murazik »

you need time to rest.
As far as I was concerned Can't wait to see whatever movie they're filming in London right now.
Mr Greg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mr Greg »

Best part of being a teacher is enjoying the long holidays to recoup and rest!