Page 1 of 1

Holidays are a waste of time.

Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:00 pm
by TalkingPoint
Holidays are a waste of time.

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:47 pm
by atyn74
:shock: what!!! i'm not agree with your opinion...sorry to say... however that is only an opinion, nothing wrong with that b'coz that's yours. :wink: As for me, holiday is the important thing in my life time. By going to somewhere else and even at home gathering with my family during holiday can help me to relax my mind an forget all the busy day. In fact, i'm working and at the same time i'm studying at one of the famous university in my country, thus i really need holidays and it doesn't waste my time at all :P

Holidays are a waste of time

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:06 am
by dgd001
I completely agree that holidays are a waste of time :lol: When I am on holiday I still have to worry about work and then I can't relax worrying about all the things I have to do still :cry: . I think that if work was less stressful then holidays might actually be worthwhile :?

i do not think so

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:55 am
by networmwxj
one can not work all the time .as the saying goes : all work and no play make jack a dull boy .I recommend a balence life ----you houl work hard and meanwhile you should have the time for entertainment and relaxing.After all ,we are not born to work till the end .So enjoy the work and the holiday .But take a fine balence .You can make your life more colourful

Re: Holidays Are a Waste of Time!

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:56 am
by koara2000
HM!let me think! as my opinion,"holiday"could be divided into two forms.
one is annual vocation,while the other is fesitvals or Saturday&Sunday.
When I choose the former, which means the wholl office is still running except me ,so it's hard to relax myself as much as I like.And the fact is always just like what I have thought.
So I thinks the holiday is a waste or not lies on your spirit! :?

It's hard to say

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:49 pm
by ML
Holiday is a good thing sometimes. Because if we have no holiday, what's the meaning of our existing in the world? After a long time work, we need to relax. But , sometimes for students, especially our language study students, holiday is really a bad thing, if we don't touch English for several days we will forget a lot. That's terrible! so, control ourselves, and have a nice holiday as well!

Holidays

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:32 pm
by MARTA
Holidays a waste of time?. I don't think holidays are a waste of time because you've got the time to do things you can't do in the year. I don't agree with that. On may holidays I like spend time with my family, friends. I like going to new countries or cities I haven't visited yet ( If I've got money of course).
I think holidays are a great time! :P

I like holiday

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:48 am
by thanhhangmpm@yaoo.com
In my opinion, holiday is nothing more than pleasure, relaxation you will have. Why can holiday be waste of time? what will you do if you have free time?staying at home or playing game, I don't say that it's not good but why don't we go out with our friends, go to anywhere we like, enjoy the fresh air,admire the beauty of nature etc....
And then after a day (or a week, a month) you will immediately feel the differences. You look more healthy, more beautiful, more enthusiasm for your next day. I myself want to go everywhere if I have enough money, I'm saving now for my future tourist plan.
Holiday is wonderful!

Holidays are a Waste of Time

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:50 am
by bernicezit@yahoo.com
Holidays are the most precious time in one's life :) . That means during holidays, you can do a lot of things you are not able to do during working days. I seize the opportunity to travel, to meet friends, :D to relax, and prepare myself for work, to visit my parents or take a course. Although sometimes I miss my friends at work :( , I don't think Holidays are a waste of time.

holiday is waste of time

Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:16 am
by member
:roll: i think this is have two face of this topic,
i think the first face is
:twisted: it's good. because after a long time to study, we feel very tired .
And we want to go some where else to change the air,
To have a fresh air,
if we thin travel is waste of time so why do many country are opening their,travelism,
Example in Vietnam. we are opening the travelism, as viettravel. and attracted many tourism. come here and now my country is proving ,
if travel is waste of time so no want will come to my country and our economy will descrease.

:( the other side of this topic is if we just travel too much so our brain will not open and it made our thinking lost. so and then we are not inteligent anymore,. travel made us lazy in thinking ,

Liven Up Your Holidays

Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:48 pm
by Angela
For those of you that are looking for ways to improve your English Language but do not want to spend weeks in the UK, Elite English is on location in Italy running a range of courses to meet your needs.

Whether you come alone, or with your family, Elite English will provide you with the holiday of a life time in Italy - and your english will improve without you even knowing it!

Contact Elite English for more details at the email address below:

maurizio@todays.co.ke

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:59 am
by eliana
No I don't think that holidays are a waste time. They are useful in one's life. You can relax can travel can learn a lot of things during your holidays. You can relax your mind after a long period of work or study. And this way you can feel yorself more energic and full of force to go on at your daily life.
Without them all the people will be bored, tired.
So let's vote for THE HOLIDAYS.
Let's the holidays be longer in uor life.
Bye Eliana

Holidays are a waste of time!

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:10 am
by Hoong
[color=violet][/color] : :lol:
In my opinion'I think after we work hard or concentrate on doing something for a long time we should have a break then we can relax and have our brains rest for a while. It is good for your health also. It is like we try to maintain all our body parts so we can effecienly use them longer. Ater I have a holiday and then come back to work. I feel like a robot which just get a new recharge battery. I feel great and do enjoy working and dealing with people. [b][/b]

Holidays are a waste of time!

Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:12 am
by Hoong
[color=violet][/color] : :lol:
In my opinion'I think after we work hard or concentrate on doing something for a long time we should have a break then we can relax and have our brains rest for a while. It is good for your health also. It is like we try to maintain all our body parts then we can effecienly use them longer. Ater I have a holiday and then come back to work. I feel like a robot which just gets a new recharged battery. I feel great and do enjoy working and dealing with people. [b][/b]

holiday is waste of time

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:41 am
by tuliketon
I think holiday is not waste of time
Because they help us widden our knowlege
not only that but also help us more and more active in many social life . Help us widden the way of our looking.I think people all of the world should take more tour to as much place as possiple
And the important thing is that travelling is easy way help many company increase there benefit.
HElp country improve and earn money .
:roll:
I used to read on my book about holiday nowaday.
they said that:
" Most people all of the world enjoy traveling
Many country also make a great effort to encorage the tourism ."

it all depends

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:36 am
by season_jone@yahoo.com.cn
i think it all depends on the situation u r in.just take myself as an example,when i'm in work ,i'm so eager for a holiday cause my work is tirig,i even haven't any time to have a break in the 8 hours,i need a holiday to have myself fully relaxed,i t's a need deeply from my body and mind!
but when i came back to the college to continue my graduate course,i suddenly have enough time tospend: read or entertainment etc.especially this semeter,i have 1 year to complete my article,1 year!without lessons without homework,without anybody's forcement,everyday is a holiday!but,things wasn't so nice as it looks,cause if u haven't enough business to enrich your life ,then a holiday will be a waste of life!even every day is a waste of your life!

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:41 am
by carnation
work hard and play hard

Holidays a waste of time?

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:50 pm
by kirk
I think holidays are not waste of time, beacuse those days you share with your family or friends. However, I think that holidays are waste of money, because when we give a gift, moslikely that such gift would not feet the other person's taste or appeal. But, it is the local economy the real winner, because during this season, which is the largest and profitable of all seasons, most business and local economies get back some money that has been lost during prior seasons.
But, what about those less fortune individuals that do not have the money to buy gifts for their family or friends? So, is holidays for everyone or just for some people? Does holidays make happy or sad to people?

Re: holiday is waste of time

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:53 am
by alfandega
member wrote::roll: i think this is have two face of this topic,
i think the first face is
:twisted: it's good. because after a long time to study, we feel very tired .
And we want to go some where else to change the air,
To have a fresh air,
if we thin travel is waste of time so why do many country are opening their,travelism,
Example in Vietnam. we are opening the travelism, as viettravel. and attracted many tourism. come here and now my country is proving ,
if travel is waste of time so no want will come to my country and our economy will descrease.

:( the other side of this topic is if we just travel too much so our brain will not open and it made our thinking lost. so and then we are not inteligent anymore,. travel made us lazy in thinking ,

Re: holiday is waste of time

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:14 am
by alfandega
this is have two face of this topic,
i think the first face is
:twisted: it's good. because after a long time to study, we feel very tired .
And we want to go some where else to change the air,
To have a fresh air,
if we thin travel is waste of time so why do many country are opening their,travelism.
[/quote]

Holidays Are a Waste of Time!

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 9:11 pm
by gillian
I love holidays! We need rest to recover from all ahrd work we do.

Holidays it is a waste of time

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:44 am
by Olga
No, I am not agree with this statement. There are different reasons why a person needs holiday. First of all, it is a good opportunity to change the athmosphere. The second reason is that while being on holiday you can miss somebody, with whom you were bored to death. You get new emptions, forces for a future life.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:58 am
by Maryam
:o

of course it is not true.for me,being sick is better than working & studying.we r not robotts,we r humen we need 2 relax 2 enjoy our lifes.
add 2 this,
every one has their special holidays memories such as family gathering.......

& many things usefull can be done on holidays.

With my respects 4 all the opinions.

holiday

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:38 am
by harachi
How can we say : holiday is a wast of time ?,
To me it is the happiest day in a year, it is the time when I meet my friends, chit-chat, laugh and laugh all the time, eat my favourite food and read what I am interested. I mean I do all the things.

To me I think holiday is fantastic. Be happy with your holiday w/o worrying.

Be happy.

Re: Holidays are a waste of time

Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:08 am
by Lyuda
dgd001 wrote:I completely agree that holidays are a waste of time :lol: When I am on holiday I still have to worry about work and then I can't relax worrying about all the things I have to do still :cry: . I think that if work was less stressful then holidays might actually be worthwhile :?
You are a bit selfish person! Now you think only about yourself! But think about children and teenagers also. Holidays are everything for them. They study hard for so long and then they have some time to rest and have fun. They are not grown up enough only to think about there problems. Remember yourself at that age and remember your waiting for holidays... :roll: :wink:

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:56 am
by fallen
holidays r not waste of time..its just the time for us to relax, which is very necessary to our lives..i'd like to have as many holidays as popssible in this life...

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:18 am
by sanhong3
i don not think so.I think we can benefit a lot from the holiday.In the first place,it can help us know and understand other cultures and people.Through it,we can always keep pace with the times. In the second place,we can relax ourselves in the process of holiday. Nowadays,with the society becoming more and more competitive

holiday is waste of time

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:13 am
by mannu201
No, as per me holiday is not wasting of time becasue if you work hard for a day, for a month and for a year then you will be needed some time for taking a rest and enjoy yourself and your family.

But in some cases it is wastage of time if you go frequently on holiday then it would be waste of time along with money.

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:27 pm
by Pirate
I remember once in our English class, we played a game. We, divided into 3 groups, were given 3 same card with the same situation: a man with a business failure and then it gave 3 ways to choose. Then depend on the answer we were given the next card. And you know, all the ways didn't work except the way of going to the beach and relax, which led us to a new chance.

So sometimes, holiday gives you more than a relaxing time :D

Posted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:54 am
by Arale
No one agrees holidays are a waste of time.As for me, hard working people deserve holidays though they may be short and it is really a waste of time for lazy people who only want to enjoy life but not work hard.

_Arale_

Posted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:30 pm
by paradise
Of course no

because we have to take a time for rest from our work , study ...etc . this time of rest help us to reactivate our effort to think and to give more

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:57 pm
by authorityquery
Holidays become wasting because it's too long, but if nt, it's a good time.( about 7 days enough)
Holiday 's a time for you to relax and have a rest after hardworking.
Thanks.

difinitely not, because i can not take over 7 days vacation

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:47 am
by Yan999
i have to work from monday to friday and weekend is necessary for me after understressed for 5 days, if its what you say holidays is wasting time, i will say no.
but if you can have half an year holidays and no plan at all, then its YES. so the answer really depends.

hello everybody.

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:19 am
by boss81vn
hello everybody,
im a new one, i come from hcm city, vietnam.i joined this website with a desire to make friend with everybody in all over the world, i ask myself whether u would like to make friend with me by return email.
i look forward to hearing from your reply soon.

best regard.
email:trungcnguyen@ptsc.com.vn

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:17 am
by Coolfish
Wo, holldays, my wish, my dream, but in fact, when I get into holldays, I find so many things to deal with. Only I have is a late waking.

waste of time? of course no

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:21 am
by slashworld
What's life? I personal opinion is that life is enjoying.Even though when people are studying and working, they also need enjoy themself. So why did you say that enjoying holidays was a waste of time? Human being's life shouldn't be such simple.we are not robots, so we need some vacation to relax ourselves,and relaxing is a way to adjust and ready to do a better work.

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:47 pm
by iris198783
Holidays are not a waste of time. Holidays give people time to get away from their busy life. Nowadays, people are under stress because of heavy workload,sometimes when the stress get piled up,people can hardly think and the working efficiency will be extremely low. In order to relieve stress,it is always good to have holiday so that people can refresh their mind and resume their energy.

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:57 am
by Coolfish
Yes, iris198783, you are right. Holidays can take us away from working stress and rushing life. A perfect holiday is easy, and we can enjoy the cheerful time.
But in fact, there is always something waiting for me in the holidays. It takes me so much precious time to treat them. This my real life, and how can I get out this sad things ?

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:47 pm
by SpinArgel
I guess there must be something "wrong" in the life of people who can't live without their job. I don't understand why they are very quick bored. Have they no personal life, no friends or family? I really need holidays for all this and of course to get back some energy.

I agree with networmwxj: You have to keep the right balance between work and holiday - then there can't be any wasted time.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:33 am
by Coolfish
Hi SpinArgel, we do have our family and friends, and we do wish we could enjoy our life with them.

But it is important the job for us because we need it to make our lover having a better life. In some country, especialy in developing country, we must work hard to earn more money for impoving our living quality. Since we don't have the same resourses as the rich, we must pay more things including time and energy.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:44 am
by SpinArgel
Sorry Coolfish,

you’ve got something wrong. I don’t speak about the different necessity of earning of poor and rich people. I refer to the topic “Holidays is waste of time”.

Sure I agree, if you need every cent you can get, you won’t waste any idea about holidays. But as I said - that isn’t the main topic here.

Good morning from
SpinArgel :-)

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:40 pm
by Coolfish
Hi, I like this forums and you guys here.
I just want to show my real view point and dicuss with you firends. Although it seems a little far from the topic.

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:32 pm
by shokin
Do the part of the things.

Even useless is useful.

Shokin

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:12 pm
by Shazzam
SpinArgel wrote:Sorry Coolfish,

you’ve got something wrong. I don’t speak about the different necessity of earning of poor and rich people. I refer to the topic “Holidays is waste of time”.

Sure I agree, if you need every cent you can get, you won’t waste any idea about holidays. But as I said - that isn’t the main topic here.

Good morning from
SpinArgel :-)
I agree that not everyone can afford holidays and you have to weigh that up very heavily when chosing a destination or a style of holiday break. We have a family and funds are short. A couple of years ago we bought a small tent and a few camping items (sleeping bags, cooking utensils). Now the best escape is for a couple of days anywhere! Its great fun and you get to spend quality time together as a family.

However, if I was a wealthy person I must admit I think I would love to travel overseas and visit all the wonderful places. But as I said that takes alot of money.

But what a dream!!!!! 8) :wink:

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:56 pm
by leen@rasel
I don't agree with you at all holidays are days for resting and getting rid of stress that we face at work at school and don't tell that you don't need to rest after a long time of studying and doing exams ,i spend holidays reading books to get more information beside those we recieve from school books aperson should not limit his mind on information he she gets from school books especially if the information or the books are very old so this information are not up to date :x

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:31 pm
by Shazzam
leen@rasel wrote:I don't agree with you at all holidays are days for resting and getting rid of stress that we face at work at school and don't tell that you don't need to rest after a long time of studying and doing exams ,i spend holidays reading books to get more information beside those we recieve from school books aperson should not limit his mind on information he she gets from school books especially if the information or the books are very old so this information are not up to date :x
Thats great everyone has a different way of relaxing and if you get that from reading etc. then it is a holiday! 8)

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:48 pm
by someone_cute
I disagree and you r not right dear ..
The holiday created to satisfied from the school tiredness ..
although the holiday is boring but not as boring as school .. You can do what ever u want with out obligations .. and If there is no holidays ,, you couldn't continue studying at school ,, you will do the worse .. because some fun is very important to refresh our memories ..
The holiday time is very short comparison with school time ( 3 months in front of 9 months ) ..
Most people if aren't all like holidays more than school ..
But finally we must love school too :wink: .

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:09 pm
by Shazzam
someone_cute wrote:I disagree and you r not right dear ..
The holiday created to satisfied from the school tiredness ..
although the holiday is boring but not as boring as school .. You can do what ever u want with out obligations .. and If there is no holidays ,, you couldn't continue studying at school ,, you will do the worse .. because some fun is very important to refresh our memories ..
The holiday time is very short comparison with school time ( 3 months in front of 9 months ) ..
Most people if aren't all like holidays more than school ..
But finally we must love school too :wink: .
Sorry but in the working world you are lucky to get four weeks a year leave. Take it from me the memory has as many difficulties in the work place as it does in school.

Why does everyone assume that we are talking about holidays from school here. People that work in jobs have holidays too!

:roll:

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:44 pm
by someone_cute
shazzam1452 wrote:
someone_cute wrote:I disagree and you r not right dear ..
The holiday created to satisfied from the school tiredness ..
although the holiday is boring but not as boring as school .. You can do what ever u want with out obligations .. and If there is no holidays ,, you couldn't continue studying at school ,, you will do the worse .. because some fun is very important to refresh our memories ..
The holiday time is very short comparison with school time ( 3 months in front of 9 months ) ..
Most people if aren't all like holidays more than school ..
But finally we must love school too :wink: .
Sorry but in the working world you are lucky to get four weeks a year leave. Take it from me the memory has as many difficulties in the work place as it does in school.

Why does everyone assume that we are talking about holidays from school here. People that work in jobs have holidays too!

:roll:
Oh sorry hahaha , but when I hear the word " holiday " my thought goes to school directly .. I don'y know why ?? may be because I am still at school and not working yet ..
But I have the same opinion about holidays whether in school or work :roll:

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:05 am
by sunnyni
Holiday is very important for me. I need it very much.
For only in holiday i can do what i want to do,such as today i stay at home to post reply in forum. Holiday is a adjustment for us. In holiday we can relax our brain, refresh our eyes and go on further self study. In the workday , it is impossible for us have enough to do our private matter.
Of cause , how do you spend your holiday will have different opinion.

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:16 pm
by Shazzam
Oh well maybe we all need a holiday from this thread! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Holidays are a waste of time.

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:57 am
by sweethuman
I totally disagree with this. Holidays are good for a person to complete/finish his/her home chores/households when he is busy in the official works the other days of the week.

Re: Holidays are a waste of time.

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:08 am
by pattpim
I don't think so, because holidays are the days that you can take time to do other activities
except your routine, and your brain is relaxed, sometimes you may get a new idea or
new friend from holidays time.I sure that have something good in holidays,believe me?
Note: As I'm writing english that is holiday too, so I get many things from EC. {-:

Re: Holidays are a waste of time.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:38 pm
by eoiamalia
Our brain needs to relax to work fine. Sleeping is necessary for us. We can't work during a long period of time without stopping because our body can react and get ill. The more you work without having a rest, the sooner your body will feel it. Your memory will work better if you get some holidays.

Holidays are for you to relax your mind and do all you really want to do... if you don't like your job, of course. There are people who get more stressed on holidays. In my opinión the best holidays for me are relaxing in the mountain and gathering with friends, having a good conversation and laughing. I don't have children; if I had, I would enjoy my holidays with them, obviously.

Re: Holidays are a waste of time.

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:01 am
by Krisi
I guess for people who have no belief, this is true.
Holidays are the only time or season where we could be happy with the others... there is a feeling of belongingness always...

Re: Holidays are a waste of time.

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:22 pm
by Meticulous
Good. Did you notify about that your chief? Actually human has not so much time for working without cessation. Life go on. And you always lose some small amount of time. After thirty time go with greater speed. You begin understand that all you have is work. It is sad, depressing, destroying thought. Work is good thing. But with holidays you can get some new experience by reading book, meeting with new people, traveling in new places. Even resting in solitude can be new experience.Of course it depends of what tipe of person you are.

Re: Holidays are a waste of time.

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:57 pm
by NoraHUSO
I think holidays aren't a waste of time. In fact, all the year we are under pressure, this could lead to a depression for some people. The best instance for this is when you leave your student life to enter in the life of work. Because in Belgium at the university we have 3 months of holidays (if we pass our exams :geek: ). And at the beginning workers only have few days of holidays. And those few days in a year are not enough to change your mind. Another advantage is when you come back from holidays, you are more motivated to start again the work and you are more effective ! And you ? How is it in your country?

Re: Holidays are a waste of time.

Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:55 pm
by MajaPu
I definitely don't agree with this sentence. I think the way we spend our holidays depends only on us. It somebody want to only lie all days- yes, for me it's waste of time. But if sb want to travel, learn sth new or spend time with friends- it's sth great and for sure it's not wasting time!

Re: Holidays are a waste of time.

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:57 pm
by Krisi
it's a good season for everyone to de-stress actually yet still not for everybody.

Re: Holidays are a waste of time.

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:53 am
by mubeen
Continuously working make a person inefficient, rest is naturally required. Man is not machine, beside the productivity, there is also a social life. Social life is one of the basic needs of mankind.

are you agree with my opinion????????????