Holidays are a waste of time.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Olga

Holidays it is a waste of time

Post by Olga »

No, I am not agree with this statement. There are different reasons why a person needs holiday. First of all, it is a good opportunity to change the athmosphere. The second reason is that while being on holiday you can miss somebody, with whom you were bored to death. You get new emptions, forces for a future life.
Maryam

Post by Maryam »

:o

of course it is not true.for me,being sick is better than working & studying.we r not robotts,we r humen we need 2 relax 2 enjoy our lifes.
add 2 this,
every one has their special holidays memories such as family gathering.......

& many things usefull can be done on holidays.

With my respects 4 all the opinions.
harachi

holiday

Post by harachi »

How can we say : holiday is a wast of time ?,
To me it is the happiest day in a year, it is the time when I meet my friends, chit-chat, laugh and laugh all the time, eat my favourite food and read what I am interested. I mean I do all the things.

To me I think holiday is fantastic. Be happy with your holiday w/o worrying.

Be happy.
Lyuda

Re: Holidays are a waste of time

Post by Lyuda »

dgd001 wrote:I completely agree that holidays are a waste of time :lol: When I am on holiday I still have to worry about work and then I can't relax worrying about all the things I have to do still :cry: . I think that if work was less stressful then holidays might actually be worthwhile :?
You are a bit selfish person! Now you think only about yourself! But think about children and teenagers also. Holidays are everything for them. They study hard for so long and then they have some time to rest and have fun. They are not grown up enough only to think about there problems. Remember yourself at that age and remember your waiting for holidays... :roll: :wink:
fallen

Post by fallen »

holidays r not waste of time..its just the time for us to relax, which is very necessary to our lives..i'd like to have as many holidays as popssible in this life...
sanhong3

Post by sanhong3 »

i don not think so.I think we can benefit a lot from the holiday.In the first place,it can help us know and understand other cultures and people.Through it,we can always keep pace with the times. In the second place,we can relax ourselves in the process of holiday. Nowadays,with the society becoming more and more competitive
mannu201

holiday is waste of time

Post by mannu201 »

No, as per me holiday is not wasting of time becasue if you work hard for a day, for a month and for a year then you will be needed some time for taking a rest and enjoy yourself and your family.

But in some cases it is wastage of time if you go frequently on holiday then it would be waste of time along with money.
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

I remember once in our English class, we played a game. We, divided into 3 groups, were given 3 same card with the same situation: a man with a business failure and then it gave 3 ways to choose. Then depend on the answer we were given the next card. And you know, all the ways didn't work except the way of going to the beach and relax, which led us to a new chance.

So sometimes, holiday gives you more than a relaxing time :D
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

No one agrees holidays are a waste of time.As for me, hard working people deserve holidays though they may be short and it is really a waste of time for lazy people who only want to enjoy life but not work hard.

_Arale_
paradise

Post by paradise »

Of course no

because we have to take a time for rest from our work , study ...etc . this time of rest help us to reactivate our effort to think and to give more
The one who guides to something good has a reward similar to its doer
authorityquery
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by authorityquery »

Holidays become wasting because it's too long, but if nt, it's a good time.( about 7 days enough)
Holiday 's a time for you to relax and have a rest after hardworking.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted
Yan999

difinitely not, because i can not take over 7 days vacation

Post by Yan999 »

i have to work from monday to friday and weekend is necessary for me after understressed for 5 days, if its what you say holidays is wasting time, i will say no.
but if you can have half an year holidays and no plan at all, then its YES. so the answer really depends.
boss81vn

hello everybody.

Post by boss81vn »

hello everybody,
im a new one, i come from hcm city, vietnam.i joined this website with a desire to make friend with everybody in all over the world, i ask myself whether u would like to make friend with me by return email.
i look forward to hearing from your reply soon.

best regard.
email:trungcnguyen@ptsc.com.vn
hello everybody,
Coolfish

Post by Coolfish »

Wo, holldays, my wish, my dream, but in fact, when I get into holldays, I find so many things to deal with. Only I have is a late waking.
slashworld

waste of time? of course no

Post by slashworld »

What's life? I personal opinion is that life is enjoying.Even though when people are studying and working, they also need enjoy themself. So why did you say that enjoying holidays was a waste of time? Human being's life shouldn't be such simple.we are not robots, so we need some vacation to relax ourselves,and relaxing is a way to adjust and ready to do a better work.
iris198783

Post by iris198783 »

Holidays are not a waste of time. Holidays give people time to get away from their busy life. Nowadays, people are under stress because of heavy workload,sometimes when the stress get piled up,people can hardly think and the working efficiency will be extremely low. In order to relieve stress,it is always good to have holiday so that people can refresh their mind and resume their energy.
Coolfish

Post by Coolfish »

Yes, iris198783, you are right. Holidays can take us away from working stress and rushing life. A perfect holiday is easy, and we can enjoy the cheerful time.
But in fact, there is always something waiting for me in the holidays. It takes me so much precious time to treat them. This my real life, and how can I get out this sad things ?
SpinArgel

Post by SpinArgel »

I guess there must be something "wrong" in the life of people who can't live without their job. I don't understand why they are very quick bored. Have they no personal life, no friends or family? I really need holidays for all this and of course to get back some energy.

I agree with networmwxj: You have to keep the right balance between work and holiday - then there can't be any wasted time.
Coolfish

Post by Coolfish »

Hi SpinArgel, we do have our family and friends, and we do wish we could enjoy our life with them.

But it is important the job for us because we need it to make our lover having a better life. In some country, especialy in developing country, we must work hard to earn more money for impoving our living quality. Since we don't have the same resourses as the rich, we must pay more things including time and energy.
SpinArgel

Post by SpinArgel »

Sorry Coolfish,

you’ve got something wrong. I don’t speak about the different necessity of earning of poor and rich people. I refer to the topic “Holidays is waste of time”.

Sure I agree, if you need every cent you can get, you won’t waste any idea about holidays. But as I said - that isn’t the main topic here.

Good morning from
SpinArgel :-)
Coolfish

Post by Coolfish »

Hi, I like this forums and you guys here.
I just want to show my real view point and dicuss with you firends. Although it seems a little far from the topic.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Do the part of the things.

Even useless is useful.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

SpinArgel wrote:Sorry Coolfish,

you’ve got something wrong. I don’t speak about the different necessity of earning of poor and rich people. I refer to the topic “Holidays is waste of time”.

Sure I agree, if you need every cent you can get, you won’t waste any idea about holidays. But as I said - that isn’t the main topic here.

Good morning from
SpinArgel :-)
I agree that not everyone can afford holidays and you have to weigh that up very heavily when chosing a destination or a style of holiday break. We have a family and funds are short. A couple of years ago we bought a small tent and a few camping items (sleeping bags, cooking utensils). Now the best escape is for a couple of days anywhere! Its great fun and you get to spend quality time together as a family.

However, if I was a wealthy person I must admit I think I would love to travel overseas and visit all the wonderful places. But as I said that takes alot of money.

But what a dream!!!!! 8) :wink:
leen@rasel
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by leen@rasel »

I don't agree with you at all holidays are days for resting and getting rid of stress that we face at work at school and don't tell that you don't need to rest after a long time of studying and doing exams ,i spend holidays reading books to get more information beside those we recieve from school books aperson should not limit his mind on information he she gets from school books especially if the information or the books are very old so this information are not up to date :x
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

leen@rasel wrote:I don't agree with you at all holidays are days for resting and getting rid of stress that we face at work at school and don't tell that you don't need to rest after a long time of studying and doing exams ,i spend holidays reading books to get more information beside those we recieve from school books aperson should not limit his mind on information he she gets from school books especially if the information or the books are very old so this information are not up to date :x
Thats great everyone has a different way of relaxing and if you get that from reading etc. then it is a holiday! 8)
someone_cute

Post by someone_cute »

I disagree and you r not right dear ..
The holiday created to satisfied from the school tiredness ..
although the holiday is boring but not as boring as school .. You can do what ever u want with out obligations .. and If there is no holidays ,, you couldn't continue studying at school ,, you will do the worse .. because some fun is very important to refresh our memories ..
The holiday time is very short comparison with school time ( 3 months in front of 9 months ) ..
Most people if aren't all like holidays more than school ..
But finally we must love school too :wink: .
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

someone_cute wrote:I disagree and you r not right dear ..
although the holiday is boring but not as boring as school .. You can do what ever u want with out obligations .. and If there is no holidays ,, you couldn't continue studying at school ,, you will do the worse .. because some fun is very important to refresh our memories ..
The holiday time is very short comparison with school time ( 3 months in front of 9 months ) ..
Sorry but in the working world you are lucky to get four weeks a year leave. Take it from me the memory has as many difficulties in the work place as it does in school.

Why does everyone assume that we are talking about holidays from school here. People that work in jobs have holidays too!

:roll:
someone_cute

Post by someone_cute »

shazzam1452 wrote:
someone_cute wrote:I disagree and you r not right dear ..
Sorry but in the working world you are lucky to get four weeks a year leave. Take it from me the memory has as many difficulties in the work place as it does in school.

Why does everyone assume that we are talking about holidays from school here. People that work in jobs have holidays too!

:roll:
Oh sorry hahaha , but when I hear the word " holiday " my thought goes to school directly .. I don'y know why ?? may be because I am still at school and not working yet ..
But I have the same opinion about holidays whether in school or work :roll:
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»
sunnyni

Post by sunnyni »

Holiday is very important for me. I need it very much.
For only in holiday i can do what i want to do,such as today i stay at home to post reply in forum. Holiday is a adjustment for us. In holiday we can relax our brain, refresh our eyes and go on further self study. In the workday , it is impossible for us have enough to do our private matter.
Of cause , how do you spend your holiday will have different opinion.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Oh well maybe we all need a holiday from this thread! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Holidays are a waste of time.

Post by sweethuman »

I totally disagree with this. Holidays are good for a person to complete/finish his/her home chores/households when he is busy in the official works the other days of the week.
pattpim

Post by pattpim »

I don't think so, because holidays are the days that you can take time to do other activities
except your routine, and your brain is relaxed, sometimes you may get a new idea or
new friend from holidays time.I sure that have something good in holidays,believe me?
Note: As I'm writing english that is holiday too, so I get many things from EC. {-:
eoiamalia

Post by eoiamalia »

Our brain needs to relax to work fine. Sleeping is necessary for us. We can't work during a long period of time without stopping because our body can react and get ill. The more you work without having a rest, the sooner your body will feel it. Your memory will work better if you get some holidays.

Holidays are for you to relax your mind and do all you really want to do... if you don't like your job, of course. There are people who get more stressed on holidays. In my opinión the best holidays for me are relaxing in the mountain and gathering with friends, having a good conversation and laughing. I don't have children; if I had, I would enjoy my holidays with them, obviously.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

I guess for people who have no belief, this is true.
Holidays are the only time or season where we could be happy with the others... there is a feeling of belongingness always...
Meticulous

Post by Meticulous »

Good. Did you notify about that your chief? Actually human has not so much time for working without cessation. Life go on. And you always lose some small amount of time. After thirty time go with greater speed. You begin understand that all you have is work. It is sad, depressing, destroying thought. Work is good thing. But with holidays you can get some new experience by reading book, meeting with new people, traveling in new places. Even resting in solitude can be new experience.Of course it depends of what tipe of person you are.
NoraHUSO

Post by NoraHUSO »

I think holidays aren't a waste of time. In fact, all the year we are under pressure, this could lead to a depression for some people. The best instance for this is when you leave your student life to enter in the life of work. Because in Belgium at the university we have 3 months of holidays (if we pass our exams :geek: ). And at the beginning workers only have few days of holidays. And those few days in a year are not enough to change your mind. Another advantage is when you come back from holidays, you are more motivated to start again the work and you are more effective ! And you ? How is it in your country?
MajaPu

Post by MajaPu »

I definitely don't agree with this sentence. I think the way we spend our holidays depends only on us. It somebody want to only lie all days- yes, for me it's waste of time. But if sb want to travel, learn sth new or spend time with friends- it's sth great and for sure it's not wasting time!
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

it's a good season for everyone to de-stress actually yet still not for everybody.
esl member since 2007
mubeen

Post by mubeen »

Continuously working make a person inefficient, rest is naturally required. Man is not machine, beside the productivity, there is also a social life. Social life is one of the basic needs of mankind.

are you agree with my opinion????????????
Murazik
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Murazik »

you need time to rest.
As far as I was concerned Can't wait to see whatever movie they're filming in London right now.
Mr Greg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mr Greg »

Best part of being a teacher is enjoying the long holidays to recoup and rest!