Holidays are a waste of time.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

User avatar
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam

Postby Arale » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:54 am

No one agrees holidays are a waste of time.As for me, hard working people deserve holidays though they may be short and it is really a waste of time for lazy people who only want to enjoy life but not work hard.

_Arale_

User avatar
paradise
Silver Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:00 am
Location: EGYPT
Contact:

Postby paradise » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:30 pm

Of course no

because we have to take a time for rest from our work , study ...etc . this time of rest help us to reactivate our effort to think and to give more
The one who guides to something good has a reward similar to its doer

authorityquery
Silver Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 pm
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Postby authorityquery » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:57 pm

Holidays become wasting because it's too long, but if nt, it's a good time.( about 7 days enough)
Holiday 's a time for you to relax and have a rest after hardworking.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted

Yan999
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 7:57 am

difinitely not, because i can not take over 7 days vacation

Postby Yan999 » Thu May 12, 2005 8:47 am

i have to work from monday to friday and weekend is necessary for me after understressed for 5 days, if its what you say holidays is wasting time, i will say no.
but if you can have half an year holidays and no plan at all, then its YES. so the answer really depends.

boss81vn
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 1:42 am
Contact:

hello everybody.

Postby boss81vn » Mon May 30, 2005 4:19 am

hello everybody,
im a new one, i come from hcm city, vietnam.i joined this website with a desire to make friend with everybody in all over the world, i ask myself whether u would like to make friend with me by return email.
i look forward to hearing from your reply soon.

best regard.
email:trungcnguyen@ptsc.com.vn
hello everybody,

Coolfish
Silver Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:09 am

Postby Coolfish » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:17 am

Wo, holldays, my wish, my dream, but in fact, when I get into holldays, I find so many things to deal with. Only I have is a late waking.

slashworld
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:03 am
Location: China
Contact:

waste of time? of course no

Postby slashworld » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:21 am

What's life? I personal opinion is that life is enjoying.Even though when people are studying and working, they also need enjoy themself. So why did you say that enjoying holidays was a waste of time? Human being's life shouldn't be such simple.we are not robots, so we need some vacation to relax ourselves,and relaxing is a way to adjust and ready to do a better work.

iris198783
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:16 am

Postby iris198783 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:47 pm

Holidays are not a waste of time. Holidays give people time to get away from their busy life. Nowadays, people are under stress because of heavy workload,sometimes when the stress get piled up,people can hardly think and the working efficiency will be extremely low. In order to relieve stress,it is always good to have holiday so that people can refresh their mind and resume their energy.

Coolfish
Silver Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:09 am

Postby Coolfish » Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:57 am

Yes, iris198783, you are right. Holidays can take us away from working stress and rushing life. A perfect holiday is easy, and we can enjoy the cheerful time.
But in fact, there is always something waiting for me in the holidays. It takes me so much precious time to treat them. This my real life, and how can I get out this sad things ?

User avatar
SpinArgel
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:18 pm
Contact:

Postby SpinArgel » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:47 pm

I guess there must be something "wrong" in the life of people who can't live without their job. I don't understand why they are very quick bored. Have they no personal life, no friends or family? I really need holidays for all this and of course to get back some energy.

I agree with networmwxj: You have to keep the right balance between work and holiday - then there can't be any wasted time.

Coolfish
Silver Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:09 am

Postby Coolfish » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:33 am

Hi SpinArgel, we do have our family and friends, and we do wish we could enjoy our life with them.

But it is important the job for us because we need it to make our lover having a better life. In some country, especialy in developing country, we must work hard to earn more money for impoving our living quality. Since we don't have the same resourses as the rich, we must pay more things including time and energy.

User avatar
SpinArgel
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:18 pm
Contact:

Postby SpinArgel » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:44 am

Sorry Coolfish,

you’ve got something wrong. I don’t speak about the different necessity of earning of poor and rich people. I refer to the topic “Holidays is waste of time”.

Sure I agree, if you need every cent you can get, you won’t waste any idea about holidays. But as I said - that isn’t the main topic here.

Good morning from
SpinArgel :-)

Coolfish
Silver Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:09 am

Postby Coolfish » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:40 pm

Hi, I like this forums and you guys here.
I just want to show my real view point and dicuss with you firends. Although it seems a little far from the topic.

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:32 pm

Do the part of the things.

Even useless is useful.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:12 pm

SpinArgel wrote:Sorry Coolfish,

you’ve got something wrong. I don’t speak about the different necessity of earning of poor and rich people. I refer to the topic “Holidays is waste of time”.

Sure I agree, if you need every cent you can get, you won’t waste any idea about holidays. But as I said - that isn’t the main topic here.

Good morning from
SpinArgel :-)


I agree that not everyone can afford holidays and you have to weigh that up very heavily when chosing a destination or a style of holiday break. We have a family and funds are short. A couple of years ago we bought a small tent and a few camping items (sleeping bags, cooking utensils). Now the best escape is for a couple of days anywhere! Its great fun and you get to spend quality time together as a family.

However, if I was a wealthy person I must admit I think I would love to travel overseas and visit all the wonderful places. But as I said that takes alot of money.

But what a dream!!!!! 8) :wink:

leen@rasel
Silver Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:28 pm

Postby leen@rasel » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:56 pm

I don't agree with you at all holidays are days for resting and getting rid of stress that we face at work at school and don't tell that you don't need to rest after a long time of studying and doing exams ,i spend holidays reading books to get more information beside those we recieve from school books aperson should not limit his mind on information he she gets from school books especially if the information or the books are very old so this information are not up to date :x

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:31 pm

leen@rasel wrote:I don't agree with you at all holidays are days for resting and getting rid of stress that we face at work at school and don't tell that you don't need to rest after a long time of studying and doing exams ,i spend holidays reading books to get more information beside those we recieve from school books aperson should not limit his mind on information he she gets from school books especially if the information or the books are very old so this information are not up to date :x


Thats great everyone has a different way of relaxing and if you get that from reading etc. then it is a holiday! 8)

User avatar
someone_cute
Silver Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:54 am
Location: Arabian Gulf !!

Postby someone_cute » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:48 pm

I disagree and you r not right dear ..
The holiday created to satisfied from the school tiredness ..
although the holiday is boring but not as boring as school .. You can do what ever u want with out obligations .. and If there is no holidays ,, you couldn't continue studying at school ,, you will do the worse .. because some fun is very important to refresh our memories ..
The holiday time is very short comparison with school time ( 3 months in front of 9 months ) ..
Most people if aren't all like holidays more than school ..
But finally we must love school too :wink: .
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:09 pm

someone_cute wrote:I disagree and you r not right dear ..
The holiday created to satisfied from the school tiredness ..
although the holiday is boring but not as boring as school .. You can do what ever u want with out obligations .. and If there is no holidays ,, you couldn't continue studying at school ,, you will do the worse .. because some fun is very important to refresh our memories ..
The holiday time is very short comparison with school time ( 3 months in front of 9 months ) ..
Most people if aren't all like holidays more than school ..
But finally we must love school too :wink: .


Sorry but in the working world you are lucky to get four weeks a year leave. Take it from me the memory has as many difficulties in the work place as it does in school.

Why does everyone assume that we are talking about holidays from school here. People that work in jobs have holidays too!

:roll:

User avatar
someone_cute
Silver Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:54 am
Location: Arabian Gulf !!

Postby someone_cute » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:44 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:
someone_cute wrote:I disagree and you r not right dear ..
The holiday created to satisfied from the school tiredness ..
although the holiday is boring but not as boring as school .. You can do what ever u want with out obligations .. and If there is no holidays ,, you couldn't continue studying at school ,, you will do the worse .. because some fun is very important to refresh our memories ..
The holiday time is very short comparison with school time ( 3 months in front of 9 months ) ..
Most people if aren't all like holidays more than school ..
But finally we must love school too :wink: .


Sorry but in the working world you are lucky to get four weeks a year leave. Take it from me the memory has as many difficulties in the work place as it does in school.

Why does everyone assume that we are talking about holidays from school here. People that work in jobs have holidays too!

:roll:


Oh sorry hahaha , but when I hear the word " holiday " my thought goes to school directly .. I don'y know why ?? may be because I am still at school and not working yet ..
But I have the same opinion about holidays whether in school or work :roll:
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»

sunnyni
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:47 am
Contact:

Postby sunnyni » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:05 am

Holiday is very important for me. I need it very much.
For only in holiday i can do what i want to do,such as today i stay at home to post reply in forum. Holiday is a adjustment for us. In holiday we can relax our brain, refresh our eyes and go on further self study. In the workday , it is impossible for us have enough to do our private matter.
Of cause , how do you spend your holiday will have different opinion.


Return to “Talking Point Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests