More nuclear power stations?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

More nuclear power stations?

Post by TalkingPoint »

Should we build more nuclear power stations to generate more electricity?

English Checker
nuclear: relating to or using atomic energy
power station: a place where electricity is made or generated
generate: to produce, to make
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Virgee

Nuclear power plants are not so dangerous

Post by Virgee »

Hello men! You think nuclear energy's dangerous.Look at the AIDS problem, suffering of hunger and other all people problems. Make your priorities. Greenpeace is f*** :evil: . Kill the whale :twisted: , save the men. And it's similar with nuclear energy. More people died because of a crime than of so called dangerous energies.See you! :wink:
AC/DC

Power Plants

Post by AC/DC »

I think that the nuclear power plants are the only solution of electricity problems. The technology is better every day, so why to worry about our lives. Much bigger danger is for example humanism...ok it's a joke...may be Bush and his jewish reign...ok, I dont know. 8)
costadina

nuclear power plants

Post by costadina »

I believe that we do need to find means of alternative energy. However, nuclear power plants have many faults. Some of the already existing ones have been shut down due to problems. There must be more safer ways to provide energy. We don't need any more threats to mankind. :!: Costadina
waspo

Post by waspo »

What I think about nuclear power suply? It's like asking a child what does he think about candies. Sure he will like them, so that happens to me (I also like candies :lol: ) well to tell you the truth, I think that future must be based on nuclear supply because the consume of electricity in industrial countries growths exponentially and the generation sources don´t cover that necesity. Nowadays renewable energies are not enough develop but only time can tell us what will happen.
sanhong3

Post by sanhong3 »

I think the nuclear power is very important to the electricity generation.But we should ues it properly and take a series of effective mesures to cope with the polution.You see, many people in the past decades have already been killed by cancer caused by the radioactive polution
asantoz

Users take full control

Post by asantoz »

There is no clear answer on a question whether it is necessary to continue using nuclear as one of energy sources. Each side you take (whether you agree or disagree) may be "well" justified. However, an important note should be taken as to whether by using such an alternative we are only passing problems to our next generations. It relates on how good we deal with the waste, for example. If we can not do it good, I believe that we should stop using it. Otherwise, we are enjoying "cheap" energy cost now at cost of our descendants (our beloved grand-grand children).

As most of human beings tend to be selfish in their lifetime, I am of a view that many nuclear plants will continue to be built and much more "dangerous" waste will be spilled out.
coolguy

Post by coolguy »

Nuclear power is clean and do little harm to enviroment. We just need take more care of it.I approve to build more nuclear power station.
Adhir Garg

Don't we have any other source of power ??

Post by Adhir Garg »

Hello All,

I was reading the discussions which were a bit enthusiastic regarding the nuclear power. But Is it the only solution for the power. Won't it be eliminated within due course of time :?: :?:

:idea: 1. WE have to think of different sources of energy..
In my view, we can have Solar Energy (for countries where it is easily available), because at least we know that it comes free.. Only needs to be tapped.. and available in Abundant.

:idea: 2. Second point here is we have seen the losses because of nuclear power. Today we have many countries around, which are claiming to make nuclear power for civilians (general people) but when even a small country has nuclear power and if some idiot is ruling the country, it can make it for Self-Defence (In Actual attack). Is it OK.

Construction of Nuclear Power Plant is easy, but to maintain it in high security + should not fall in hands of an idiot needs to be maintained. So everything should be taken care of...

What do you feel :?:
Enjoy
ddai130

Post by ddai130 »

Too much of some thing could damage your health . Too much of human being could damage the health of earth . When we trying thinking about how to avoid a much worse pollution , control ourselves first !!
Adhir Garg

Post by Adhir Garg »

Hello ddai...(I would always forget the name and of course extension) :)

You are right in saying that excess of anything is bad for health, but little or less knowledge would make the things worse. :idea: I hope You agree with me in this respect.

Controlling ourself is a different topic. Why does not anybody raise this topic !! The topic can be "Should we control ourself to prevent Population Explosion and How" :?:

Enjoy
Life is very short (max 100 years normally), so enjoy every moment of it

Adhir
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Nuclear power is a hot problem in some countries now such as Iran or North Korea .America always oppose these programs because they are scared that Iran or North Korean will use nuclear power in war .I think building nuclear station for electricity is good ,for electricity not for war !If America does not interfer in others why does they frighten ? :roll:

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

Nuclear power plants are mostly for electricity and this topic is about whether we should build more plants in order to generate more electricity. I don't know. It depends on if a city, province, or country has enough electric power to serve its people.
SCAR

Re: More nuclear power stations?

Post by SCAR »

I AGREE WITH BUILDING MORE NUCLEAR POWER STATIONS BUT I THINK IT SHOULDN'T BE INSTALLED IN UNDEVELOPPED COUNTRIES BECAUSE I THINK THEY CAN'T KEEP IT SAFE.I THINK THERE AREN'T MANY COUNTRIES WHICH CAN KEEP IT SAFE BECAUSE IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO CONTROL AND IT COULD HAPPEN THE SAME THING AS CHERNOBYLIN 1986.
SCAR

Post by SCAR »

MY TEACHER THINKS WE SHOULD INVEST MORE MONEY INTO RESEARCH SO AS TO DEVELOP SUSTAINABLE ENERGY. NUCLEAR PLANTS MAY NOT CONTRIBUTE TO GLOBAL WARMING BUT THEY DO PRODUCE NUCLEAR WASTES.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Briefly, if a country has required level of technology to build nuclear power stations and to operate them safely my answer is yes. Other countries should use other technologies to generate electricity. It seems that inevitably in a few decades there will be necessity to generate most of energy without burning fossil fuel, so countries should gradually improve other technologies.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

It is good if they are really used for electricity generation however if they are used on the other aspect it is really harmful for the whole world
leeOxo

Post by leeOxo »

y'all forget that a nuclear reactor can be operated absolutely automatically, so that they can be planted everywhere.