Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Loreley

Re: Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Post by Loreley »

Hi eveyone!

I don't think that dreams have a speacial meaning for us. Our brain assimiliate all the things, experiences and thoughts of our daily life … dreams are like a mirror of our unconsciousness.
When we feel pain or fear or happiness, then we can live through these moments or feelings in our dreams. Maybe it is possible, that a dream can give you inspiration for the solution of a problem or it inspires you for some ideas. But that's all. People shouldn't think about their dreams too much … it is better to think more about life :-)

At the moment I'm dreaming of spring ... but it's still wintertime :cry:
oliwells

Post by oliwells »

I'm not a psychologist but according to what I have read in psychology book about dream.
Dream is present in our subconscious mind. It is a reflection of what is inside our subconscious mind. Thus, we see events of images when we are sleep. In my opinion dream can mean something only if you will believe in what you have dream. So, it is a matter of claiming that it mean something.
Elearner

Post by Elearner »

Yes, dreams are way of nature on telling or informing us about something that we (must) need to do. Or others that may affect our environment like friendships work, family and even future. I’ve actually dream a lot and every dream differ from other, which I think have a significant relation to what I’m doing currently.

Dreams are many interpretations regardless of what have you dreamed of. But, it’s up to you if you will believe or ignore them. As much as I can remember, the most common fictitious dreams that I’ve is falling from a high-rise building. Therefore, I think that I may fall to something I don't know. What I can only think is, to fail on achieving my goal; and that’s why I keep on doing what I need to do to achieve it.
kassliw

Post by kassliw »

I think dreams are often our deep-seated fears or worries going around in our head when we are asleep. Sometimes past events can relive themselves in a dream until they are recognised and dealt with.
Klaudyna

Post by Klaudyna »

I don't believe that our dreams mean something because they are create thanks to our imagination. What is more I think that our dreams are not true and sometimes they tell the stories which we want to experience. Nevertheless in my opinion dreams are necessary in our lifes because thanks to them we can fulfill our dreams in the imaginary world.
lesoli

Post by lesoli »

I think that some dreams can mean something. Some people have prothetic dreams and it comes true, but some people like me have strange dreams and it doesn't mean anything. People by years want to know if dreams mean something that's why they write book of dream interpretations. ;-)
alicjapie

Post by alicjapie »

I often dream, but I don't interpret them. Many people believe in different meanings of dreams. Moreover, They looking for interpretation of various books. I think it's stupid, because belief in dreams is just superstitio.
mcIlob

Post by mcIlob »

I think that our dreams mean something, but not always. Everyone can interpret their dream however they want. I can say that almost all my dreams mean something. Sometimes I have prophetic dreams which turn out to be the true. For example when I have nightmares I can suppose that in a short time something bad will happen. I think it is an evidence that our dremas can mean something for us.
krozmar

Post by krozmar »

I believe that our dreams mean something. We often dream about the experiences of the past. But sometimes we dream of things that have not happened yet. I dreamed once that my grandfather died from cancer. After one year it turned out that my grandfather had cancer and died two years later.
wojcieszek

Post by wojcieszek »

I don't believe that our dreams mean something.

I don't remember my dreams but one day I have a dream about I was falling out of the building.

I have never had a prophetic dream.
irenapol

Post by irenapol »

It seems to me that dreams are the reaction of our mind to what we've experienced or what we feel emotional about. But they do not really mean anything. Though people have been trying to find some deeper sense in their dreams for ages. That's why books about interpreting our dreams sell so well. Anyway, everyone can believe in whatever he wants to as long as it doesn't harm others. As for me, I don't believe that dreams have some meaning, I don't remember them very often, though sometimes I feel woried if I dream of something bad happening to me or my dearest people.
emilkatok

Post by emilkatok »

I think that our dreams mean somenthing. A lot of people have prophetic dreams. When we have problem or when we worry about something we experience that when we sleeping. We often imagine our desires. My mother say that we should interpreting dream but in opposite mean. For example, when we dreaming about somthing badly we probably succeed in reality.
StoKin

Post by StoKin »

In my point of view our dreams have a lot of different meaning. Usually we dream about our desires and concerns, this is why people are looking meanings of dreams in special books or at a fortune-tellers. We can find out something about our future. For example healthy tree in our dreams means luck, recovery or good message but damaged tree is a sign of problems, failure or worries.. I think that it is better to dream about good things.
dariakur

Post by dariakur »

In my front of view dreams are stroris in our imagination. It doesn't mean anything, there are only images in somebody's head. I don't remember my dreams, but when I was a child I dreamed about space and cows :o And this does not mean that I should buy cow and teach it to fly. It's funny that people believe in dreams, really. Prephetic dreams don't exist! Science exists only!!!
Tkiewicz

Post by Tkiewicz »

I think that dreams are only dreams and often we don't remember they. Dreams doesn't mean something but they can show what makes us fear or something which is stressfull for us. I often have a dream about holidays, so I think it shows that I have enough of school, but it doesn't have some diply sense. What is more... I'm sure that everyone have ever had dream about falling down, it is most meaningless dream
olamro

Post by olamro »

I think that our dreams mean something, because we usually dream about things that we worry about or what we would like to come true. When we think about something all day, we dream about it. Sometimes people have a prophetic dreams, but they don't always mean something. Also I think that they depend on our humor.
rokwysocka

Post by rokwysocka »

Our dreams reflect what happen in our life every day. I think dreams show the deepest emotions and thoughts, which we often hide consciously from ourselves, so they refer to our fears and banned desires, consequently they are connected with our future. It happenes some dream can come true, because we aim subconsciously to do this.
I have rarely remembered my dreams recently. In my mind it is because my subconscious is intoxicated by excess of learning. My last dream was about physics and maths. It was strange. I had to solve the riddle associated with this subjects. The last I remember are the huge tree and gouges in the ground.
I have never had a prophetic dream, but sometimes I have "deja vu" and then I wonder if I dream about it. I don't cross out the thought dreams can help us to predict the future, but I don't believe in it in all. ;-)
szuder

Post by szuder »

In my opinion, dreams mean a lot in our lives. They can predict the future, something nice or not. Books such as sennik suggest to us the importance of dreams, by what we can expect out what will become in the future.
OlgaHelga

Post by OlgaHelga »

I believe in it, because sometimes my dreams come true when I wake up or later.I see dreams quite rarely, from time to time I see something like horrors, or it may be happy delightful dreams. While I am sleeping I can achieve my goals in my dream and then it helps me to fulfil what I would like to do in my life. Dream is a significant part of our life. If we don't sleep proper time we will not have capability to work or study or fulfil domestic ussues. Dreams can put us ahead or deprive our strength.
tweetycuty

Post by tweetycuty »

well i believe that our dreams do mean something. Usually what we think about before going to bed will comes in our dreams. Some times they may be nice and some times nightmares what ever it may be, i can remember all of my dreams and used to tell them to my family. Some people believes that "the things come in our dream would come true. If you get pleasant dream, it was no problem whether you share it with any one or not. But if you have a bad dream then you should tell that to some one. Then it will not happen in real." For me some times my dreams happen in real and after that I realize that i had seen it on my dream .
MajaPu

Post by MajaPu »

I think i'm believe in it (dreams mean sth) :)
Some of my dreams foretell the future and this is really weird, and if my dream is good i think "that day will be really good", but if my dream is bad then- Dear God why haha :)
And when i have dream i always check them in "dreambook" and always, really always- everything comes true x)
aladrelich

Post by aladrelich »

I don't believe that our dreams mean something, because it is just dreams and they show us what we want. Dreams are creation of the imagination. That is my opinion and that is why I don't believe in my dreams.
Lucywa

Re: Yes !!!

Post by Lucywa »

Dreams are the only things in my life which I the most remember. I think that each of our dreams contains a particle of reality. Dreams are born in our minds based on what we seen and experienced.
Sometimes they can help us to understand myself and what surrounds us. They can also be a picture of what we would like to see, to do etc. .. :) ;-)
jamsmith

Post by jamsmith »

I believe that dream is something that directly concerned with you daily life regarding what you think ,what you do. So therefore dream is the transformation of your ideas and thoughts that are in your mind , you get to see the same thing which you keep thinking whole the day in your dream .If i remember, i had never seen prophetic dream, in fact some time i repeat my dream but i have never seen a dream that went on to be true
kasgol

Post by kasgol »

I think that dreams mean something . Because they show us things which we fear, or thing which we want, or things which we did, and sometimes things which we should do , or which we shouldn't do. Often in dreams we see people like we don't remember, however our brain remembered this person somewhere before, when we were on a trip abroad, in hairdresser or shopping. I would like to find out something more for sure and I believe that someday will be used more than 10 % of mind and we find answer to question ''Do our dreams mean something?''
annmadej

Post by annmadej »

In my case dreams are reflection of things happening in my life. I have a scary dreams when i'm afraid of something, or dreams about things witch are really important to me, when i dream about something i know that i should think more about it, that maybe i'm killing my feelings like fear, second thoughts or problems in normal life, so i think that dreams means a lot, but they meanings are different everyone
justynasta

Post by justynasta »

I don't believe that our dreams mean something. Often we dream about things which we fear . For example I have a dream that I stand in the middle of field and I see twister. I want run away but I can't. It is one of the worst feeling. I hate it. According to dream book the tornado spells accident. And next days my dream doesn't come true. For lucky!
nicbase

Post by nicbase »

To begin with I am sure that dreams do not mean something. They are only the part of people toughts and feelings which everyone has during a day I think. The brain works all time , so it must turn a lot of new information. Dreams are the result of these work. You could have your own opinion , but you do not convince myself that dreams mean something important especially. Dreams should not be important for people , because they have a lot of problems and issues which must be more significant . Dreams could not mean something because people have never known how problems they will solve or what suprise them another day.
Atifrazadf

Post by Atifrazadf »

my case dreams are reflection of things happening in my life. I have a scary dreams when i'm afraid of something, or dreams about things witch are really important to me, when i dream about something i know that i should think more about it, that maybe i'm killing my feelings like fear, second thoughts or problems in normal life, so i think that dreams means a lot, but they meanings are different everyone

Post by klamolga »

No, I don't believe that our dreams mean something. There are lots of dreams definition. When We are trying to sleep, we often think about something pleasant. And this is entry to the first sleep phase. We overselves create a first part of dreams. People have tried make an ideal book of dreams for thousand years. This is really hard, because for example teeth symbolise something bad, but I can bet that teeth are dreamed by dentist every night. In my opinion dreams don't have any sense furthermore they disturb us to sleep calmly.
alicpryl

Post by alicpryl »

Sure, I believe that our dreams mean something.
Dreams often show our predictions, expectations and fears.
The are not always true but sometimes they show people's present, past or future life.
Thank's to that we can pay attention to our behaviors and improve them.
In some cases dreams mean nothing, are unrealistic and only interrupt our sleep.
saranaz

Post by saranaz »

Assalam o Alikum
Yeah i believe that our dreams do mean and sametime they came true but mostly our 's dream related on those wishes that couldn't fulfill.....
kruwik

Post by kruwik »

I think that our dreams could mean something, but not every of them!
Sometimes when in family will be bad atmosphere, we can know it before... In some cases dreams tell us how we should react for the next important event. But we can't fall into paranoia and check meaning of every dream in dream book, because in same cases dream concerns issues. which one we daydream a whole day. {-;
natalianowak

Post by natalianowak »

Yes, I believe that dreams mean something. Dreams reflect our life. For example when we dream about murder, probably we are afraid of something in our life. And we have happy dreams, when we are happy in real life. But we haven't dreams, when we are extremaly tired. In conclusion dreams show us our emotion and feeling come from life.
wiktoriasz

Post by wiktoriasz »

In my opinion our dreams are reflection of our souls and of course in that case mean something. All of us have desires or fears which wanna hide. Very often they have a huge influence on our live and thereby there are shown to us during sleep. Sometimes it's a message from our brain which want to tell us something what we should remember etc. Also dreams are our memories especially pleasant or bad which we can't forget. But definitely we should not fall into the paranoia and check the meaning of all of our dreams. Treat it as a night movie marathon, not always pleasant but very often interesting. {-;
KubaKoi

Post by KubaKoi »

I think our dreams don't mean anything. In my opinion our dreams are completely random. Of course we dream about things around us, our fears or memories but for me there is no way that dreams mean something. I can't imagine how dreams can show us, which will be in the future. Dreams show us our feelings, but they don't mean anything else.
agatawerecka

Post by agatawerecka »

I think our dreams don't mean anything. I can find no reason why it should mean anything. Sleep is a product of our brain, the human brain hasn't got the paranormal ability, has it? As far as im concerned it seems to me very weird. I don't believe in fortune telling, magic, etc. so meaning of dreams...there is simply no such thing.
MajaPu

Post by MajaPu »

Hmmm, on the one hand- nope, 'cause u know, it's just product of our brain, just like agatawerecka said, but on the other hand- my dream sometimes mean somethin'. I always check in "dreambook" importance of my dream and it's suddenly always correct, maybe no in 100%, but in part- always. It's pretty weird, just like some kind of magic, but it always alludes to my life situation.. :!!: :-D
NaKuzajewska

Post by NaKuzajewska »

It is a hard question. I think that it's a little ridiculous, but some poeople think that some things in their dreams have influence on their life or mean something. I heard about women,who dreamd about map. She checked this and found out that it means a trip and a few days later she won trip to Paris. So maby sometimes dreams really mean something.
OlaaMej

Post by OlaaMej »

Well, it's hard to tell. Sometimes our dream have no sense for example: when you want to eat an apple but it's bigger then you. But sometimes we have a dream which we don't understand or we dream the same thing for whole night. In this way I believe that our dreams want to tell us something. That's why, when you have no idea what meant the spiders in your dream you should check it out in dream-book. :)))))
Adifanstal

Post by Adifanstal »

In my opinion our dreams never mean something. It can be a kind of auto-suggestion and sometimes we can do a think in our dream, and copy that in real life next day. But it's only coincidence and that isn't mean that we saw future in dream or somethink like this. But industry of dreams-meaning grow up very well and somebody in the past saw that he/she can making good money on stupid people, whose believe, that dreams mean something...
RadikSafin

Post by RadikSafin »

Our dreams are meaningless. They only reflect our emotions.
OskiDz

Post by OskiDz »

I believe that our dreams mean more than we think. I have a lot of dreams and sometimes they predict something or remind me the past. For me it is kind of sign or hint for my life
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

Yes, I'm sure that our dreams mean something. I dont go to work at this days. I had dream about my job and became the call from job the same morning.
Today I dreamed my friend,in some unpleasant and dark dream. I called her, and she was in a bad mood and needed some help.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Krisi wrote:I think our dream has something to do with an unsolved problems or intense emotional feelings stored in our subconscious mind.

I'm really uncertain if there is a meaning to our dreams, but if our dream is depressing we normally seek for meanings or interpretation, this is maybe because it's a person's innate characteristic to look for solution in every problem...
my opinion is still the same. :)
esl member since 2007
subbrine

Post by subbrine »

Does lochness monster swimming through a football field while "my heart will go on" is playing in the background sound meaningful? Me neither.
Ps:That was the dream that finally convinced me I need to seek help.