How do you learn best?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

chanala

How do you learn best?

Post by chanala »

I think I understand when the teacher explain me and when I talk about with my friends.I think if I practice English every day,I will speak English well and fluently.
:D Chawala (Jane) :D
Frankie

Re: How do you learn best?

Post by Frankie »

This is a good question for students. All of students try to study best and best, but they don’t have good way to learn. How do you learn best? Maybe I can suggest a direction for everyone to refer. If you want to study anything beset and best, you should find your interest mode. I think that it will increase study result for you.
hammoudi

Post by hammoudi »

the best methode to learn is listen and doing
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

This topic reminds me three good study skills. First, you must be interested in the subjects you want to learn. Next, you must take some time to study it everyday. Finally, if you can understand to your learn subject, you will have remember deeply. I think that they will increase study result for you. Actually, how do you learn best? All of students try to study best and best, but they don’t have good way to learn. I also hard find good learn mode for me. Maybe it will be discussion of this problem relating to all students in anytime.
mohamedadel

The best

Post by mohamedadel »

There are different ways to learn english.Each one must choose the way which is suitable for him to learn and it depends on his personality and what are his skills.I prefer working in groups .It is the best way to contact with others and it is useful for listening and speaking to another people beside thatI'd like to revise teacher's lessons after every class.
halfknot

Post by halfknot »

Learn what? If it's about learning texts/poems:
For texts, it's simple because you have to read them once or twice and then just memorize the topics order.
For poems, it's a little bit harder as you have to learn them word-by-word. A good way can be to voice-record the lines as a song and then put (what word should I use here instead of 'put'? Overlap? Is there a specific word for this action?) them on an instrumental. You've probably noticed that you can sing a song just because of listening it a couple of times. However, I'm not learning poems.

Learning something else like numbers - which can represent altitudes, years, etc -, names and new words is about finding some logical connections.

And finally, learning grammar, vocabulary, new physics exercises, increasing your math computing speed, your diction and so on, it's mainly based on practice. The more you practice, the better results you get.

Of course, you can learn almost everything from the classroom by paying attention to the teacher and having a good teacher, I was talking about how can you learn by yourself.
I'm posting to improve my English. If you see any grammar/vocabulary mistake in my post, please let me know.
sadmoon

Post by sadmoon »

I believe in the motivation behind the learning process leading to a serious efforts endeavoured.
Talking about language and considering it's arbitrary nature we should listen as much as we can so to aquire the language subconsciously through the music, movies, and communicating with native speakers and thus we would feel that learning does not cost that effort of memorising academic things.
beakonhouse

Post by beakonhouse »

If I just listen to the subject or the word, I don´t memorise, it´s very important to me to study using another things like writing or drawing. I think that when I see pictures I learn more easily.

Joyce Bonna
ngoclinhnguyen

Post by ngoclinhnguyen »

I am not a smart person so I have to spend a lot of time to learn. The best way for me is hardworking. Looking for myself to find the way that I can keep your knowledge the best and do not stop to try. I think you should keep moving forward, it is the key for success
Abdulkader

Post by Abdulkader »

Reading
dominika

Post by dominika »

I think that having flexibility in learning styles is important, because it diversifies our learning an makes it interesting even pleasant.For some learning chemistry or physics is means long and painful war, but if we know how to learn some subject,it become very easy and fast and task. Different subjects needs another types of learn. It would be hard to learn mathms by making pictures or just listening and repeating rules, although it would be also unpossible to learn foregin languages without listening ang speaking. Hovewer it not so easy to match styles of learn to different subject, it requires lot of time and work. I wonder if it's not teached in schools,that would be really useful and web in life.
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

What I'll answer now it's obvious but the true: The most important way to learn English is take a plane to USA or England, search a job there and settle down, at least, for a five years.

I've taken English lessons from a couple of schools here in my country and I consider what I've said is the best: Living through a season in the USA or England. The best way, no doubt.

Best regards from Catalonia. :-D
adin

Post by adin »

TalkingPoint wrote:How do you learn best?

Do you learn best when the teacher explains something to you? Do you like doing listening exercises in class? Do you find it easier to learn when you draw pictures or diagrams to help you? Different people have different styles of learning. What's your style? What makes it easy for you to learn?

Do you agree that having flexibility in your learning styles is more important than knowing what your preferred learning style is?

I learn best when I do understand what people say. I like to argue the point being told to make sure that I understand. Arguing and criticizing are two things I love in learning.
Tahir

Post by Tahir »

Reading understanding .........
svlkrmzn

Post by svlkrmzn »

practice practice practice...
repeating sth you learned 3 times is suggested by our beloved prophet Hz.Muhammed(SAV).
so i think this is the most important thing to be done in learning..
asher

Post by asher »

1. What seems to be the most common way students are posting that they "learn best"?
reading and practice
2. Which ways of learning from among these posts sort of surprise you? Why?
reading, i need to write to memorize
3. Which posts have comments on ways of learning that seem odd or unusual, in your opinion, and why?
drawing it, i love drawing but have never tried learning that way
4. Which posts mention ways of learning that seem to fit your learning style? In what ways is your style different AND the same?
discussing and taking notes help me most
5. Which posts state ways of learning that you would LIKE to have, or develop, but don't, yet? How might you gain that style of learning? reading about it would make it quicker