Unemployment benefit encourages people not to look for work.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Unemployment benefit encourages people not to look for work.

Post by TalkingPoint »

Generous unemployment benefit simply encourages people not to look for work.
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Well, who have right to get unemployment benifits ? unemployeers, surely ! However, not all of them can get that benifits. They are labour forces who are jobless and not able to get a job after a long finding time and living in poverty or near poverty.That benefit is not hight enough to be existed, let alone to be lived. I think no one takes advantage of that tiny benifit to not look for jobs.

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

It depends on where one lives. I live in the US so that thing is common. Lazy people do that to get their way out of working. They go to work for, perhaps, a week or more and then they try their best to get fired so they can get in line to receive their unemployment checks. It makes me sick. I think this idea is the same as work compensation. Lazy people take advance of it also. They go to work and try their best to hurt themselves so they can get work compensation money from the company. It's sick :roll:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Lazy people do that to get their way out of working. They go to work for, perhaps, a week or more and then they try their best to get fired so they can get in line to receive their unemployment checks.
Oh they are so bad.The Government don't need support them any more.

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

Every country has laws to protect and support its own people; however, there are still some illegal ways going around though. "Rules are meant to be broken," I think? :?:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Indeed,there are many gaps in rules.Some authorities take the advantages these rules to get benefits.Red tape and corruption are illegal but quite common here that are main reasons holding my country back.How sad !

_Arale_
viveo

Post by viveo »

I think it is not true. Because no one want to be unemployed. They want to work but somehow they have some problem we don't that right?
What is love ?

Post by Guest »

I think there are some differences in laws for rich and poor countries. Let me tell you one personal example. I had an uncle who was a doctor and he was literally "killed" by his coworker. The story began when he was having a headache while he was checking up his patients. He was afraid that the condition could lead him to diagnose his patients' conditions wrong, so he went to rest for a bit. His friend wanted him to be better; he gave my uncle a shot. That shot led him to death. It was a toxic medicine instead of a pain-killer shot. My uncle died shortly afterwards. The sad thing is when he was gone, he didn't even know his wife was two months pregnant at that time. The hospital people tried to hide the truth from us. They told us a lie about his condition and the reason why he was dead. We found it out later when one of his coworker accidentally spat it out. My family got mad, his dad was mad, his wife was mad, everyone was mad and hurt. His dad let it go though. He didn't sue the guy. My point for this story is if that guy was in the US, he would get sued and he would probably get in jail or his license would be taken away forever. He wouldn't get a chance to practice his medical anymore.
We, Vietnamese, are different. We tend to practice our laws more on love and some other things. We're afraid of karma. We think that if we sued someone, we'd get sued in the future. If we get our rights, or hurting people to get our rights we say, we'd get the same by others in the future. It's a good thinking. I have nothing to against it, but sometimes we need to separate ourselves from what should be let go and what should not. That's how we can build our country better.

Post by Guest »

viveo wrote:I think it is not true. Because no one want to be unemployed. They want to work but somehow they have some problem we don't that right?
Are you stating your point based on where you live or where I live?
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Sad to hear your story and I really feel sorry for your uncle.Your uncle's Dad has a grand humanity.God bless him !
Yes, our opinions are quite different from that in America and western countries.We usually solve things by emotion so laws and rules are broken.That is really bad because people don't believe in law any more and get disappointed.

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

Too much of law is not a good thing either. Another personal story, I got hit by a car two years ago and I got covered by the government. I didn't have to pay a dime for the hospital bills and stuff. I was two days in the hospital and when I got out, I had my right leg and arm broken, a right dislocated shoulder, scratches on my body and my right thigh was numb (still numb, by the way). I was covered by the government so it was ok if we didn't sue the one who hit me; however, I had to do the police report and I had to sue him. In the middle of the sueing process, I gave up on it (personal reason). I decided to close the case. A lot of people who knew about it told me it was a loss that I didn't sue the guy. Some of them even told me that I should have faked my condition, in other words, made it worst. I should have gone to the therapy, massage, and so on. I would have gotten a lot of money from that person's insurance company. It made me sick when I was listening to those words. I and my mom felt that it wasn't a loss, but they did. :roll: She said it was ok to close the case since she thought that person did not mean to hit me; it was an accident. Also, she said it was ok to not have that money because it wasn't ours in the first place. That was how we dealt with our problems, Vietnamese way. :lol:
Other people deal with their accidents differently. Some of them even fake it although when there is none. I remember there was once time I and my cousin were in the car. My cousin was trying to park her car near the area that some strange kids were playing. When she was doing a reverse, she saw something kinda "fly" by and then we heard an owie. We both stepped out of the car. There was a kid lying on the ground telling us that my cousin hit him. My cousin got so mad because she knew she did not hit him and that guy was faking it. No matter what we said, he did not get up. My mom was standing near the window saw the whole thing. She came down and was faking that she didn't know us. She told him she witnessed everything. He looked at her really mad then he got up and ran away. Could you believe it? :roll:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

She came down and was faking that she didn't know us. She told him she witnessed everything. He looked at her really mad then he got up and ran away. Could you believe it?

The truth is the truth. Noone could cover it.It will be shown in ligh though late or soon. I believe that.

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

No one = two separated words. :wink:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

yes it is ! :wink:
Thank you, teacher!

_Arale_

Post by Guest »

hehehe no problem. It was a typo huh? :wink:
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

:wink: :wink: :wink:
Yeah because I am tired after a long time talking with you.
Bye bye !have fun !

_Arale_
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Arale wrote:Well, who have right to get unemployment benifits ? unemployeers, surely ! However, not all of them can get that benifits. They are labour forces who are jobless and not able to get a job after a long finding time and living in poverty or near poverty._
According to Arale's saying, I also think that the unemployment benifits is not so attractive that can make people not go to look for a job since it is quite difficult to get that benefits.
However, if there are really someone who has such a thinking,I think it's better for the government to cut the benifits which is providing to them.
Please give this money to the needs.
amor

Re: Unemployment benefit encourages people not to look for work.

Post by amor »

It's sickening to do nothing...
nicbase

Post by nicbase »

I completly agree with view that generous unemployment benefit would simply encoruage people not to look for a new job, because peole by nature would rather to have a rest more than work . Unemployment benefit can be a reason to forget about making money and being less responsible for this person's life. I think that benefits should be reduced and should be decresed, but education and diverse interesting and well-paid jobs should be more avaiable. In short people who are able to work should find adequate job and earn for his or her needs. In conclusion benefits should be for hadiccaped people who aren't able to work now and in the future.
aladrelich

Post by aladrelich »

I agree with that, but that people are just lazy. I thinkt that everyone want to do something in their live. I would be doing charity work or even take care of my home etc. But i can't do noting all the time. I have to do something. That is important to my life, because i want develop my skills.
alicpryl

Post by alicpryl »

I think it depends on a person. Most of us want to have well paid job and stable future. We work hard and gain new experience. But there are also people who ale lazy and don't want to work. In such situations generous unemployment benefit encourages them not to look for a job.
natalianowak

Post by natalianowak »

I suppose that this difficult topic and everything depends on the people. Every person is different. Some people want to work, because this is their passion or hobby, but another people can be lazy and they choose easy way to life without work, problems and generous unemployment benefit encourages them not to look for a job.
Lucywa

Post by Lucywa »

I think it is true because sometimes people don't want to go to work. They want to get money in easy way. The unemployment benefit encourages people not to look for work because people know that they get money from government and as a result they don't develop their skills and don't worry about life and future.On the other hand some people would like to go to work because they want to met a new friends and get a new experince. This topic depends on personal life's preferences. {-;
MajaPu

Post by MajaPu »

So, I think this sentence have some rights. In our planet lives a lot of different people and for sure some of them don't work just 'cause they are having some benefits from government. But for sure there are a lot of people who just can't find job. Or job is really poorly paid. And if sth have generous unemployment benefit and find some job for, suppose- 90% of it, it's clear that he won't working for smaller money than when he won't working:)
agatawerecka

Post by agatawerecka »

I agree that unemployment benefit encourages people not to look for work. It is obvious that everyone prefers to do nothing than to do something. If someone gets money for doing nothing, why should start doing something to make money? Every man is the architekt of his own fortune. Support for the unemployed is incomprehensible to me.
NaKuzajewska

Post by NaKuzajewska »

I think that unemployment benefit sonetimes encourages people not to work. Everyone is different. Some people like they work and they can't imagine life without it, but others are lazy, they don't like working and they just want some money for their basic needs.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

TalkingPoint wrote:Generous unemployment benefit simply encourages people not to look for work.
it depends on the person. and, I think no one wants to be unemployed! (good you have unemployment benefit...)
KubaKoi

Post by KubaKoi »

I think in most cases unemployment benefit encourages people not to look for work and it depends on who you are. Most of us more like doing what we want to do than working (and still getting money for nothing!). But there are some people who are more ambitious and they want to work to meet new people or learn new things.
justynasta

Post by justynasta »

I think it depends on ambition. Some people feel badly claiming unemployment benefits and they want to find a job in order to make money. On the other hand there are also people who are lazy and they prefer lumping. Unemployment benefit may be encouraged for them.
OlaaMej

Post by OlaaMej »

At first sight yes, when we unemployees we have a lot of time to do many things for example going on the trips, learn new things, meet new people or maybe even fall in love... I think that unemployment benefits are benefits as long as we have money. Most of people want to work to have stable life and no worries.
annmadej

Post by annmadej »

i don't think that this is reason why people do't look for work, in my opinion problem is in the fact that the people are just lazy i they don't have qualifications for job, and they just stop looking for job.
klamolga

Post by klamolga »

Wealthy countries often offer a support for unemployed. However sometimes it is too good. Simply being unemployed provides more money than full time work.‏
OskiDz

Post by OskiDz »

I agree with that and I think that if someone does not have health problems, this should work, even forcibly, so as not to slow down our economy expenses for people fit for work
itspaulina

Post by itspaulina »

I think it can be possible. Unemployment benefits are a simple way to have no motivation to do anything. Of course, if somebody is determinate, he or she will get a new job anyway, but many times job searching is finished when he or she says "no one will hire me". We can literally make anything happen if we want it enough, but unemployment benefits make some people more lazy.
wiktoriasz

Post by wiktoriasz »

I think that it is true because in this world people have a lot of chance to have a money without job. The country offer a lot of help for unemployed and give them the same care and dole just like for people who have a work. So as a result people think that work is unnecessary if they have everything what they need. But in the same time there is a lot of people who can't imagine their life wothout job because for them is a way to meet new people, achieve new success and improve their abilities.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

I think they grant this benefit to those who really need it.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Krisi wrote:I think they grant this benefit to those who really need it.
I think, this will depend on the country, because in my country, everybody wants and needs to work. Moreover, in countries where corruption is extensive an appropriate or acceptable law/rule is necessary.
loulou

Post by loulou »

I Think unemployment benefit like many of u have said only supports jobless and near poverty people. Truth be told I actually do not consider this kind of wages as a benefit I mean come on it ain't like it's going to lift up his bad financial conditions :-|
subbrine

Post by subbrine »

I think it should be for paid for around 1/4 the the time you worked on your last job