Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, TalkingPoint

Post Reply
User avatar
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:21 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: England

Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by TalkingPoint » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:09 pm

If people have the right to live how they choose, do they also have the right to die how they choose?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Sat May 07, 2005 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guest

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:29 pm

Yes! All personal will should be respected either it's orally wish or documentally wish.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

RIGHTS!

Post by Shazzam » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:41 am

People should have the right to make this choice if they are terminally ill. However, due to the situations that legally face families; i feel that the importance should be placed in a legal document (either by document or by video) of the persons intentions. I think pretty much verbal understandings shouldn't be taken into consideration. It only takes a few minutes to make a video, and we all should have a Will anyway.

Dream
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: Russia

Post by Dream » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:16 pm

I think people should have such rights, but unfortunately now we are not protected of using our rights as malicious intent :( Not all of people could protect themself from... their relatives. Now we can only dream of our wishes are fulfilled.
...Be happy...

Guest

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:00 pm


User avatar
gill
Silver Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:29 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by gill » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:21 pm

TP wrote:If people have the right to live how they choose, do they also have the right to die how they choose?
absolutely. as we have right to live we have right not to live.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity

User avatar
lukiyas
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:19 am
Location: vietnam

Post by lukiyas » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:21 am

i don't think people should have the right to die .we can't choose if we are born in this world or not so we don't have the right to leave.somebody may say they are terminally ill and they must suffer to terrible pains but pains are parts of living and some may say they are burdens to their families but would they do the same thing if their relatives fell in such situation.

Guest

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:35 pm

lukiyas wrote: i don't think people should have the right to die .we can't choose if we are born in this world or not so we don't have the right to leave.somebody may say they are terminally ill and they must suffer to terrible pains but pains are parts of living and some may say they are burdens to their families but would they do the same thing if their relatives fell in such situation.
Just so you were born "without" your choice of whether you should have been born or not, you would not have a right to decide whether you should leave this world or not????? Oh my god, this is the first time I've heard something like this. No more words to express; otherwise, I would become really rude and right now, I'm PMSing. :roll: :roll: :roll:

hagandaz
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:06 pm
Location: Morocco
Contact:

hagandaz

Post by hagandaz » Mon May 02, 2005 3:18 pm

you are not born by yourself, it wasn't your choice. god wants that. we all belong to god, it's not our choice to die.

Guest

Re: hagandaz

Post by Guest » Mon May 02, 2005 4:45 pm

hagandaz wrote:you are not born by yourself, it wasn't your choice. god wants that. we all belong to god, it's not our choice to die.
So people who don't believe in God don't belong to God :roll: :roll: :roll: ???? No one belongs to anyone beside himself and family, PERIOD.

Post Reply