Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: I Dont Agree

Post by Guest »

shazzam1452 wrote: I'm not saying anything regarding people's religious beliefs one way or another. All I'm saying is that the whole debate seems to being about God (religion; of one description or another; holy wars. etc). I find that the original debate has been lost somewhere. Thats all.
Well, I didn't really wanna go into further discussion when some other people were trying to link religion with right to die because to them, other people, were not allowed to end their lives; it'd go against God's creation, but then I had to state my 'holy war' definition because some people who believe in God or tell others who think another different way are sick. I did not know being different or having different opinions than people who believe in God could make me become a sick person. Sometimes, life is a colorful picture to learn about people and your surroundings, ain't it? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

simplyblessedwithlove wrote:[Well, I didn't really wanna go into further discussion when some other people were trying to link religion with right to die because to them, other people, were not allowed to end their lives; it'd go against God's creation, but then I had to state my 'holy war' definition because some people who believe in God or tell others who think another different way are sick. I did not know being different or having different opinions than people who believe in God could make me become a sick person. :
I never said that I thought you were sick! I don't know where you got that from. I certainly never said that in anything that i wrote. :roll:

Post by Guest »

shazzam1452 wrote:
simplyblessedwithlove wrote:[Well, I didn't really wanna go into further discussion when some other people were trying to link religion with right to die because to them, other people, were not allowed to end their lives; it'd go against God's creation, but then I had to state my 'holy war' definition because some people who believe in God or tell others who think another different way are sick. I did not know being different or having different opinions than people who believe in God could make me become a sick person. :
I never said that I thought you were sick! I don't know where you got that from. I certainly never said that in anything that i wrote. :roll:
Not you, sweetie. It was another person whom posted before my post of holy war definition. I was explaining to that person why I thought some persons were sick regardless of having a religion or not.
Dithzie

Post by Dithzie »

That's what free will is for, I personally believe. Every person has a right to die, if he so wishes. It's a matter of choice.
Iamwhoam
mrnadeemkhan

Being a muslim,

Post by mrnadeemkhan »

simplyblessedwithlove wrote:Yes! All personal will should be respected either it's orally wish or documentally wish.

Code: Select all

Being a mulsim , our faith is that, Allah makes the whole universe even the human being is masterpiece with a brain, which have unbelieveable thinking power, has already written the whole life and even the situation of death. nobody can decide the way of death, or can die by their own. Everyone knows the right and wrong doings, so its up to them , whethen they choose write or wrong, .
Cheers pall.
sunnyni

I think everyone has his right to end his life

Post by sunnyni »

In my opinion, everyone has his right to end his life.
First , Yes ,no one has right to choose his birth. But after his birth, he has all the right of his body and mind. He can bring up his own view to the world, he can do more practice for his health or not and he has right to subscribe his organ to help others.These are all decided by himself. so of cause he has right to end his life for the better life of his relative and lover.
Second,someone may say the people who chose end his life when he face the difficulty is craven. From some aspect, it seems he is , but maybe difference people cherish difference things, such as dignity , passion and faith. Such as some people want to die with dignity , he want beautiful face and body after he die. He don't want to die dingygily. So he chose end his life himself.

So difference people has difference view to death, why do they don't have right even for death.
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Watch this movie

Post by tikay »

Last night I watched and read (subtitles) in Spanish a very good movie, for myself anyway...on this subject and my opinion is not that important on the subject becuase it constantly changes...this is a hard one. Anyway I agree and disagree with a lot of things in the thread so maybe I will add to it after more thought. :idea: it is good to hear (read)the passion about it
(my humble opinion)...bye-4-now
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

!

Post by tikay »

UH OH...I was afraid of that...I forgot the name of the movie yesterday....so sorry! If you want to watch it ...see the movie THE SEA INSIDE....very controversial ending, I assure you.
I believe that basically people should have the right to leave the earth...to come and go as they please. But then I am coming from the live and let live generation of the sixties.
so that is just natural for me. I do have to say i have written in here that suicide is selfish ....so i am still undecided about generalities I suppose....it is all about the circumstances.
I highly suggest that movie (The Sea Inside) to any one interested in the subject.
Thanks to the Buddhist fellow who does not believe in godhead...a good thing for me to think about because I have been calling myself Buddhist but I absolutely believe in all Gods and in all Goddess(es)....interesting no?
everyone is so interesting really!
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

I did not know that many people wondered about their way of dying. :lol:

Let us choose the most ecological way of leaving the living.

But let you think and choose. When you'll be ded, who will know how you did want to die. :lol:

I want to die on 24 June 2060 at 13.57.43. in the middle of Amazonian forest and by a general tumor. I want my body to be burn and the ashes have to be put in equal parts at each cataracts of the Nil. My debts to Wallmart and my goods to WWF. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Shokin
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

funny boy....

Post by tikay »

I want to die on 24 June 2060 at 13.57.43. in the middle of Amazonian forest and by a general tumor. I want my body to be burn and the ashes have to be put in equal parts at each cataracts of the Nil. My debts to Wallmart and my goods to WWF. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Shokin

that is so cute and funny....
I want to be perhaps smashed by a tree falling in the Brazillan Forest and heavy equipment stops for even one day because of the accident....
or beaten by thugs who when my gashes open realize there are better ways to live life, changing their (horrible) ways when they see the depth of the color of my blood (it is so saturated...so dark red it is almost purple or black)
....or eaten by cannibols because i wondered into their incampment after much exploring in the vicinity...let my soul be relished by people who then go crazy with the force of love...
that lived in this poets heart.
Thanks! (that is better than the boring version given me by the Indian holy man at the courthouse...96 years old, in my sleep...who is that gonna affect?) BIG SMILE. :D :wink:
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

american lady....

Post by tikay »

American...born to be a child of the sixties...in Tennessee.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: !

Post by MissLT »

tikay wrote: Thanks to the Buddhist fellow who does not believe in godhead...a good thing for me to think about because I have been calling myself Buddhist but I absolutely believe in all Gods and in all Goddess(es)....interesting no?
everyone is so interesting really!
You've adapted Buddhism as a second religion of yours, and that's why you still believe in God and stuff. If you were born as a Buddhist or just practice Buddhism, you wouldn't believe in God. Buddhists don't tight themselves to a Creator and live their lives as just to pay their sins or wait for the Judgment Day. We have no Judgment Day. We are not born because of our sins. We are here because of our karma. And our purpose is to reach Nibbana, not to wait for God to judge what we did in our lives. Well, we're not gonna wait since we have no God, anyway.
Antti

Higher than man is his maker

Post by Antti »

Man has not right to live as he chooses. He is made to love other people and his Maker. Many do not believe this, and every seeing eye sees the consequences. So man has not right to choose the length of life of himself or of other people. The life be in the hands of the Giver of life..
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

I have adapted every insight to include it in my doctrine of ethical conditioning on myself...karma enters in but sometimes it also leaves...i am like a building with an open door...the library is only part of the make up and the spiritual books are merely there to learn from and for me to adapt...and only when the music room is not the focus for me...or the childrens playroom... or the room of arts and sciences, or of sensual pleasures. :idea: basically I have a self-made religion, based on my own life, which would probably take years to explain...so i dont even try....people are not nearly ready anyway.
I guess it is based on completeness through education, oneness with spirit, and simple life experiences....adapting each moment to find the highest in me...regardless of the actions of the next person.
life is decision, action, event, affect, work, making love, learning and...being...God desires do not exist when there is no separation....just try to be here now...and maybe realise you are your own actual co-creator, along with others who will and have molded and changed you...which is everyone, really.

where is the marchwind?
where in Italy???
desertman

Post by desertman »

Every man die,but not every man really live.
vahid

Re: hagandaz

Post by vahid »

In my opinon this refers to people s attitue toward the next world or whether there is any world beside this world in which we are living or not .
when people die they must answer back whatever they did in the world good or bad doesnot matter .
hence this is a fact if we think before doing something we wont be regret so we wont affrait of daeath . but if we are nutorious (bad- known) we like to die without any problem which is impossible .
sar

Post by sar »

We don’t own our life, something or somebody else give us life; therefore, we should not make decision in how to live or die, we should leave this process to nature.
Laxuan

Post by Laxuan »

I think nobody want to die so why they need to choose how to die. In any situations, we should struggle to survive.
sar

Post by sar »

Laxuan wrote:I think nobody want to die so why they need to choose how to die. In any situations, we should struggle to survive.

I am agree, because, death is natural, like life itself.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

sar wrote:
Laxuan wrote:I think nobody want to die so why they need to choose how to die. In any situations, we should struggle to survive.

I am agree, because, death is natural, like life itself.
I agree with you absolutely. If someone wanna die, why
need to prevent it, this is his/here decision and only
he/she will responsible before God.
Sunnypk
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Sunnypk »

I dont think that people have the right to choose he can't take decision itself. I haven't deepen information about that topic.. but I waana must say that it's all in the hand of God. because someone has said that the iife is too short we should be appreciate the life.
rodyy

Post by rodyy »

at first i don;t thing that the peaple have the right to die whatever they want as the human peaple is the pest cruter in the univers to the god every material every animal every thing in the univers is on the human servis after all we come to say i wanna to die just beacous we are abset
second i have somthing to say to the gust how said that he reed the religous books and it made him sick !!!!!!!!!
did you nuderstand really what is written in thes books ?? i don't think so !!!!
if you really reed them and understand it you will find the oppiset of what you get in your mind and it's not the books's wrong that the peaple misunderstand it or that the peaple dosen't work with it it's the peaple fault
iam sorry for beeing so long on you all but realy i was want to say alot of talking to that pearson how got sick from the religous books!!!!!!
Lac

Have a right to die

Post by Lac »

Everyone has the right to die. The most important thing is how to die ? Theoretically, we all respect the freedom to choose of every body, every human being, provided that their freedom would not be against with others' interests. There're deaths called "hero" when somebodoy laid down his or her life for the lofty targets. And there're also some deaths not worthy of being heroic.
Some of you said no one really wants to die. To me there're apparently lots of reasons to die for vindicating one's deeds. We dont know clearly which act is right or wrong of death-seeking persons. We absolutely respect their own choice. But at the same time, we should not leave them alone before their mind sprouting the idea of killing by themselves.
Probably that's the reason why many countries do not permit doctors to "give the final favour injection" to the hopeless patients.
Seeking a proper death (martyrs, soldiers in the battlefield...)is synonymous with honor ; yet the courage of persons who have "right to die" ocassionaly is regarded as insaneness when they intentionalyy do it.
Lac

Post by Lac »

rodyy wrote:at first i don;t thing that the peaple have the right to die whatever they want as the human peaple is the pest cruter in the univers to the god every material every animal every thing in the univers is on the human servis after all we come to say i wanna to die just beacous we are abset
second i have somthing to say to the gust how said that he reed the religous books and it made him sick !!!!!!!!!
did you nuderstand really what is written in thes books ?? i don't think so !!!!
if you really reed them and understand it you will find the oppiset of what you get in your mind and it's not the books's wrong that the peaple misunderstand it or that the peaple dosen't work with it it's the peaple fault
iam sorry for beeing so long on you all but realy i was want to say alot of talking to that pearson how got sick from the religous books!!!!!!
oh sorry. Your post has so much English mistakes. I can't understand well. Maybe I'm not good at English ?
rodyy

Post by rodyy »

lac i don't know if you know english well or not :?
and i don't care if my writ's now righit or wrong becouse iam still learning english 8)
and if you want to tell anybody about his mistake pleas be more gentel :twisted: :twisted:
hung

Post by hung »

Rodee, I dunno understand yer rightin' 2. right it in proper Englis plz. :lol:
FOREVER

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Post by FOREVER »

WE CAME TO THIS WORLD WITHOUT ASKING FOR THAT WE MUST THANK OUR CREATOR BECAUSE LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL AND WORTH LIVING........SO OUR LIFE IS NOT ONLY OURS WE CANNOT MAKE AN END TO IT..........
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A CREATOR , JUDGEMENT , THEN A NEW LIFE WHICH MAY BE BETTER OR WORSE .........YOU HAVE ALSO TO BELIEVE THAT YOUR LIFE IS NOT YOURS YOU ARE HERE IN THIS WORLD FOR A MISSION TO DO GOOD AND ONLY GOOD..ON THIS PLANET
IN SHORT, I THINK ENDING ONE'S LIFE IS A SELFISH ACT..........
olgav

Post by olgav »

gill wrote:
TP wrote:If people have the right to live how they choose, do they also have the right to die how they choose?
absolutely. as we have right to live we have right not to live.
I fully agree with gill, we must have the right of choice for our death
coolg

Post by coolg »

With all my respect for your beliefs, I fully believe in God. So, I have faith in God's creation and in all his organizations of our lives.

Just my personal point of view :-)
SBSP

Post by SBSP »

If we leave it to the people decision i think that the moment at which we will find no one on earth will come. every one had a feeling of depression, sadness, hopelessness, loneliness, hoping to die, and if we have the chance to choose, a lot of us will decide to die, but believing in God should take us back to the right road, should show us the real meaning of life and of our existence.
koraei

Post by koraei »

If we beleive in God and its arbitration about our life , we consequence that the life is a holly issue for all of humens . nobody has the right to deprive itself from this gift.
another fact tha should be considered is that we are not only belong to ourselves and everyone in the world has this right to see our thriving life and we must not deprive them from their rights. be optimistic that your next day will be better than today.
Aimee

Post by Aimee »

If you have right to die means who will die in this world. why cant you avoid some dreadful diseases that takes the lives of persons? Why cant you stop the natural calamities like earthquake, Tsunami?

According to me people doesn't have the right to die..
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

Ask me when I'll go to die. Then I'll tell you what I want to do, if I can. What I want is they respect my will.
Sunnypk
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Sunnypk »

It's totally unlawful to die or commit suicide....
glamour

Post by glamour »

I think it would be possible if person would be created by himself,but I believe in GOD and believe that god created us.Let him choose how we will die.
manal
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by manal »

hi,
i believe that we r here in this earth according to the wish of God, and of course our existence must be for an important purpose that we have to achieve in the period of our live,how we die is a matter of God,Who has chosen our parents,our countries and our environement that we have been born in?our death is the same as these things and we have no right to choose,what we can do is doing well in our life ,by this way we may help in drawing our end.
adin

Post by adin »

Hi, If it is the way to die as our very sick beloved one wants, and why we do not agree with his/her request. It is the matter of respect too, I guess. i.e. Because of the deadly disease and medically unrecoverable anymore, then he/she wants to end his/her life in a very peaceful place such as in his own choice, and we have to fulfill the wish.
But if it is committing suicide, and one must reconsider seriously.
Yolochka

Post by Yolochka »

Oh. To tell you the truth, it's very interesting question. I theink, that every person has the right to choose how he wants to die. As for me, I'd like me were burnt and the dust would be in a big vase.
P.S. Sorry for my English.
And what do you think about euthanasia?
[james]

Post by [james] »

If people believe they have time right to live, firstly, i suggest that they should consider who gave them such right. Secondly, whether you have the right to refuse to be born.
cjlarrain

Post by cjlarrain »

Since we are creatures, prior to any "right to something" we are people of duties. Our first duty is to thank God for our creation, for our birth in this world. Otherwise we are falling in a "non serviam" attitude. Then, secondly, we ought to express love to our parents that brought us to life. But, make no mistake, God leaves us in absolute freedom to do anything in the course of our lives. God is so respectful for what we chosen to do even if it's wrong. God won't intervene, but he 's showed the right path and the Truth we have to seek. We are free to change this world for better. God with "his" silence, respect our determination to select the path we want.Even if you don't believe in Him, it 's your option. Famine, disease, poverty, corruption are in this world since ancient times to show us that doing something, taking action about it, is a must, now. Life is short. God won't intercept any bullet fired directly from a terrorist to your kid´s head. If He intervened, then life would be unbereable. WE have to remove poverty, corruption, etc.Not God. Take action: poverty and eveil is ritgh next door. We have to ask Him for help to show us the right path. He will answer, no doubt, but no when we want. I think He responds when there's a real need at the right time. He likes when we ask for something we do need, thus, removing our arrogance.
Ryohei

Post by Ryohei »

It is unavoidable even if it advocates an impracticable theory.
I think that it does not understand unless it becomes, when such a thing must be chosen as a person in question, a family, or an intimate person.
It is because the mental condition at that time is very much related although judged.
naqvi

Post by naqvi »

born in this world is not our choice so in the same way ,it's not our choice to die..:)
oliwells

Post by oliwells »

Death comes in people at least we didn't expect. Just like life is unpredictable so as death.
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Hi,

I believe it's not correct to discuss rightfulness of making a decision to leave this world.
It is most likely that every person who wants to die has no doubts in rightfulness of his/her own decision. And, it is not our business to bless or condemn such a person.

Yet, we can judge about rightfulness of creating legal framework for the situation. However, this discussion must be one of the hottest topics at all times. Also, whenever you mention God or divine providence, don't forget that there is still some people who doesn't accept the concept of divine providence and doesn't believe in God at all.

So, taking into consideration the above, don't you think that all the disputes on the subject are absulutely useless?
Suppose, you have succeeded in recruiting someone to your belief. Are you sure that the preacher of another belief, at the same time, haven't succeded either? Are you sure that everyone can be recruited, well, convinced at all? Ask yourself, how often you changed your opinion on the basic postulates of life.
Look, I have some life experience. Nevertheless, I still didn't come to awareness about the necessity of legalisation of euthanasia. And I don't think that anyone can persuade me, either.
It's a controversial topic. And controversial topics are given to imrove our skills in rethoric , not to come to agreement.
Do you agree? {-;

Andrew
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

reindeer wrote:Hi,

I believe it's not correct to discuss rightfulness of making a decision to leave this world.
It is most likely that every person who wants to die has no doubts in rightfulness of his/her own decision. And, it is not our business to bless or condemn such a person.

Yet, we can judge about rightfulness of creating legal framework for the situation. However, this discussion must be one of the hottest topics at all times. Also, whenever you mention God or divine providence, don't forget that there is still some people who doesn't accept the concept of divine providence and doesn't believe in God at all.

So, taking into consideration the above, don't you think that all the disputes on the subject are absulutely useless?
Suppose, you have succeeded in recruiting someone to your belief. Are you sure that the preacher of another belief, at the same time, haven't succeded either? Are you sure that everyone can be recruited, well, convinced at all? Ask yourself, how often you changed your opinion on the basic postulates of life.
Look, I have some life experience. Nevertheless, I still didn't come to awareness about the necessity of legalisation of euthanasia. And I don't think that anyone can persuade me, either.
It's a controversial topic. And controversial topics are given to imrove our skills in rethoric , not to come to agreement.
Do you agree? {-;

Andrew
I like your writing! It looks like an essay [Ok, this post is so off-topic but I had to say it]
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Thank you Oriani. I,in turn, like the the discourse of cjlarrain whos post you can see on the top of this page. However, I am a little more sceptical about the possibility to exterminate povetry, corruption, etc. in this millenium.
Ilove

Post by Ilove »

What a fantastic question! It depends on which type of right does this question refer to.
In terms of legal right, people cannot choose how they die. For example, different countries have their own laws based on killing their citizens and residents lawfully.
Similarly, in terms of moral right, we cannot choose how we die as well. We do not have such power to terminate our lives besides God. However, God loves and wants us to live through good and bad times, so we can face what reality is and strengthen ourselves. =)
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

But sometimes people don't care about laws!
Don't you think that under certain circumstances someone may have moral right to break a law, whether civil or moral one? We all know how many ridiculous laws have been decreed by human race during the ages.
After all, there are evidents that even animals commit suicude!
Elearner

Post by Elearner »

Every people in this world have their own destiny, however, we still have our own self decision to make on what we like to do with our life.

Choosing what you will like to be or choosing what you don't want to be is a personal decision to make. Whatever your decision is on what you want to do in your life, will surely affect others live, for example; your family, your son/daughter, and career etc.

Still, deciding on what you would like to do in your life is your personal decision, but sometimes it's not due to unpredictable happenings that might come to us.
Klaudyna

Post by Klaudyna »

In my opinion although people have the right to live how they choose, they haven't the right to die how they choose. There are many cases when people try to kill themselves and it is bad, because only God can decide how we die and when it will be. Moreover I think that life is wonderful and we should not think about death, because we should enjoy every day.