In 60 years, cars will be history.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Guest

Re: A reply & A letter to make friends.

Postby Guest » Wed May 11, 2005 2:15 am

Usagi wrote: :P Well! I do not think that cars will be history as you said. Maybe that will happen in some modern cities but in the Third World I think a car is still one of the best way to transport :?: Do U agree?

Yes, totally agree with you right there. Right now, Vietnam still has a lot of motobikes and not yet many cars like other Western countries. I hope we'll get improved soon.

Usagi wrote: However, I really hope that we could use cars or motorbikes less in oder to protect our environment. Instead of using these vehicles U can go by bus or go on foot :? It is not only a cheap way to go but it also makes U more heathy.
P/S: My English is not very good. If there are some mistakes, please forgive me. Thanks! ;) I want to make friends with all of U.Write to me if U have free time.( I am Vietnamese and am 17 years old )

Well, using public transportation such as buses, subways, trains and stuff is nice, but not as nice as when you need to go to places as a family trip. It's nicer when you have your own personal space and moments.
By the way, your english is good. Hope to see more of your post. ;)

Yan999
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu May 12, 2005 7:57 am

Postby Yan999 » Thu May 12, 2005 11:09 am

I think cars will not be history in 60 years. I want to illustrate one reason, in china, bicycle beeing used for a long time, for now, cars becomes more and more, traffic becomes more seriously day by day, so a lot of people want to ride to work, its all because of heavy traffic.
And i also wonder is it possible for us to be in the office by airoplane?

authorityquery
Silver Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 pm
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Postby authorityquery » Mon May 16, 2005 4:21 pm

Hoho, It sounds alittle bit of crazy. I think people still use car for transportation. How about the energy? Maybe 60 years is a long time enough for people to exploit totally geothermal energy, and no more. People 'll use solar energy or they can find another energy to replace oil, It'll be big problem.
We can't use airplane to fly around a narrow city. Airplane is too big.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Mon May 16, 2005 4:48 pm

For energy they using human blood... like matrix movie.. http://dailynews.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050513/sc_afp/sciencehealthjapan

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue May 17, 2005 6:49 am

Hardi wrote:For energy they using human blood... like matrix movie...

That's nasty!

takeshi
Silver Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: China
Contact:

Postby takeshi » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:11 am

maybe at that time.we won't need to transport from one place to another by dealing with a thing,business,entertainment and so forth.coz the world wide net is too sophiscated to help us to complish everything at home.
as a result,car will be in the museum and offer the children to pick up knowledge about ancient transportation tools!

User avatar
openboy
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:11 am
Location: New York City

Postby openboy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:16 pm

I have no car. So I think that you are very happy.

Guest

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:29 am

openboy wrote:I have no car. So I think that you are very happy.

How do you get around NY city? By public transportation?

User avatar
tandedao
Silver Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:34 am
Location: China
Contact:

Postby tandedao » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:04 am

May be we would not use cars in the future for we need not go to the wordplace(we can work at home).

vince90
Gold Member
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Postby vince90 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:50 pm

tandedao wrote:May be we would not use cars in the future for we need not go to the wordplace(we can work at home).


Some you may from work from home, but some you can’t. Like farmers, you can’t bring your farm into your house. :roll:

Guest

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:49 am

vince90 wrote:
tandedao wrote:May be we would not use cars in the future for we need not go to the wordplace(we can work at home).


Some you may from work from home, but some you can’t. Like farmers, you can’t bring your farm into your house. :roll:

Also police enforcements, chefs, people in entertainment, and so on.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:00 am

Great I reckon. Maybe we will all get off our bums and get back to what it was like in the 60's when you were lucky if you had one car in a family (and usually dad used it for work). In addition think about the reduction of greenhouse gases, oil reserves etc etc.. Bring back the horses i reckon....... :) :lol:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:39 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:Great I reckon. Maybe we will all get off our bums and get back to what it was like in the 60's when you were lucky if you had one car in a family (and usually dad used it for work). In addition think about the reduction of greenhouse gases, oil reserves etc etc.. Bring back the horses i reckon....... :) :lol:

I remember reading an article about old transportations, and it said that horses were as much messy and polluted as cars. Types of bicylces and walking are the only best transportations of all time 8) .

User avatar
someone_cute
Silver Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:54 am
Location: Arabian Gulf !!

Postby someone_cute » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:14 pm

I think cars won't disappear even after 60 years as you said ..
May be it can be but not in all countries ,, May be in big countries only but small countries will continue using these transports like us here in the Kingdom of Bahrain as it is only a point on the map .. for example you will take only few minutes to move from city or village to another using a car .. so why to use aeroplanes there ?! I think there is no need ..
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:00 am

someone_cute wrote:I think cars won't disappear even after 60 years as you said ..
May be it can be but not in all countries ,, May be in big countries only but small countries will continue using these transports like us here in the Kingdom of Bahrain as it is only a point on the map .. for example you will take only few minutes to move from city or village to another using a car .. so why to use aeroplanes there ?! I think there is no need ..

That's true. For years now people in some countries still use camels as a part of transportations. It's more about convenience than going-with-time thing.

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1224
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:02 am

No no small countries aren't invested so much to expensive highways, they can develop new things faster.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:52 am

Hardi wrote:No no small countries aren't invested so much to expensive highways, they can develop new things faster.

In some societies, they use camels over vehicle transportations because of many other factors. The main thing is labor. One person could control several camels that carry a lot of heavy things on their backs at the same time, but it needs more than one person to control several vehicles. Thus, it's cheaper to use camel over vehicles. Moreover, the money to pay for gas, maintenance the vehicles when they're broken down, and so forth is more expensive than owning camels. And camels are good in bad condition of the desert while vehicles sometime are quite hard to control.
In Iran, there's a society that doesn't allow the government to build the road for them although they've been asked. The road is really dangerous, but they said they like challenges, and being on that dangerous road is a part of their challenges. It makes them feel alive. Thus, the government has to leave them alone.

Zet
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:08 pm

Re: In 60 years, cars will be history.

Postby Zet » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:31 pm

TP wrote: Will we use cars 60 years from now? Cars, motorcycles, trucks, buses... Will they all be ancient history? Maybe we'll be using airplanes to go shopping, or teletransporters, or... Who knows? Maybe we'll still be using the car. What do you think?


I'd like we'll use some teletransporters or may be any other transport for quickly movement :lol: . I hate today's transport! There are too many cars on the streets and it takes too long time for me to reach any place I need. :cry: I'd like this situation will be changing by teleportation.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3964
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: In 60 years, cars will be history.

Postby MissLT » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:18 pm

Zet wrote:I'd like we'll use some teletransporters or may be any other transport for quickly movement :lol: . I hate today's transport! There are too many cars on the streets and it takes too long time for me to reach any place I need. :cry: I'd like this situation will be changing by teleportation.

I'm seeing another Harry Potter's fan :lol: .

leducthuan
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:10 am
Location: Ho Chi Minh city
Contact:

Postby leducthuan » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:09 am

I think cars won't disappear. In the future people will still use cars to travel. But cars won't run on the ground anymore, they 'll fly in the sky.


Return to “Talking Point Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests