In 60 years, cars will be history.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Great I reckon. Maybe we will all get off our bums and get back to what it was like in the 60's when you were lucky if you had one car in a family (and usually dad used it for work). In addition think about the reduction of greenhouse gases, oil reserves etc etc.. Bring back the horses i reckon....... :) :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

shazzam1452 wrote:Great I reckon. Maybe we will all get off our bums and get back to what it was like in the 60's when you were lucky if you had one car in a family (and usually dad used it for work). In addition think about the reduction of greenhouse gases, oil reserves etc etc.. Bring back the horses i reckon....... :) :lol:
I remember reading an article about old transportations, and it said that horses were as much messy and polluted as cars. Types of bicylces and walking are the only best transportations of all time 8) .
someone_cute

Post by someone_cute »

I think cars won't disappear even after 60 years as you said ..
May be it can be but not in all countries ,, May be in big countries only but small countries will continue using these transports like us here in the Kingdom of Bahrain as it is only a point on the map .. for example you will take only few minutes to move from city or village to another using a car .. so why to use aeroplanes there ?! I think there is no need ..
«®°•.¸.•°°•.¸.•°™ someone cute .•°®»
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

someone_cute wrote:I think cars won't disappear even after 60 years as you said ..
May be it can be but not in all countries ,, May be in big countries only but small countries will continue using these transports like us here in the Kingdom of Bahrain as it is only a point on the map .. for example you will take only few minutes to move from city or village to another using a car .. so why to use aeroplanes there ?! I think there is no need ..
That's true. For years now people in some countries still use camels as a part of transportations. It's more about convenience than going-with-time thing.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

No no small countries aren't invested so much to expensive highways, they can develop new things faster.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Hardi wrote:No no small countries aren't invested so much to expensive highways, they can develop new things faster.
In some societies, they use camels over vehicle transportations because of many other factors. The main thing is labor. One person could control several camels that carry a lot of heavy things on their backs at the same time, but it needs more than one person to control several vehicles. Thus, it's cheaper to use camel over vehicles. Moreover, the money to pay for gas, maintenance the vehicles when they're broken down, and so forth is more expensive than owning camels. And camels are good in bad condition of the desert while vehicles sometime are quite hard to control.
In Iran, there's a society that doesn't allow the government to build the road for them although they've been asked. The road is really dangerous, but they said they like challenges, and being on that dangerous road is a part of their challenges. It makes them feel alive. Thus, the government has to leave them alone.
Zet

Re: In 60 years, cars will be history.

Post by Zet »

TP wrote: Will we use cars 60 years from now? Cars, motorcycles, trucks, buses... Will they all be ancient history? Maybe we'll be using airplanes to go shopping, or teletransporters, or... Who knows? Maybe we'll still be using the car. What do you think?
I'd like we'll use some teletransporters or may be any other transport for quickly movement :lol: . I hate today's transport! There are too many cars on the streets and it takes too long time for me to reach any place I need. :cry: I'd like this situation will be changing by teleportation.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Zet wrote: I'd like we'll use some teletransporters or may be any other transport for quickly movement :lol: . I hate today's transport! There are too many cars on the streets and it takes too long time for me to reach any place I need. :cry: I'd like this situation will be changing by teleportation.
I'm seeing another Harry Potter's fan :lol: .
leducthuan

Post by leducthuan »

I think cars won't disappear. In the future people will still use cars to travel. But cars won't run on the ground anymore, they 'll fly in the sky.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

leducthuan wrote:I think cars won't disappear. In the future people will still use cars to travel. But cars won't run on the ground anymore, they 'll fly in the sky.
Like that Artificial Intelligence movie? Or Minority Report? Cars run on buildings in Minority Report. It was cool!
CityYoung
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by CityYoung »

I think we will not do without cars . it's very necessary
beakonhouse

Post by beakonhouse »

I don´t think cars will not be used 60 years from now... Our society was dominated by automobile ideology. If you look at the history, the 20 th century represented the biggest ascent of auto industries. Probably, the great ecomomical power of these corporations will not permit a significant change of this situation. I think the companies will try to innovate doing some small cars with different energetical resources maybe... There´s a possibility, but others scenes can be possible so... A important technological innovation will be able to change many things, but probably, big companies will always try to get the best of situation!

Diego.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Vega »

In 60 years when oil and gas run over, people will return to ancient times. Horses and mules will substitute luxury cars. Perhaps, big corporations such are GM, Mercedes-Benz, etc. in order to not lose buyers will switch from producing cars to cultivation luxury horse breeds. :-)
Player

Post by Player »

In 60 years history will be history.
kittyhoang

Post by kittyhoang »

In 60 years, cars will be history, won't they? Maybe yes. There will be a kind of balloon like umbrella replace to cars. Everybody will use that if they want to go out. Howerver, people will not need to move from here to somewhere. They will stay at home and do everything they want. Shopping? Just press some key on computer, and the system at supermarket will accept and control the autoumbrellar to bring things to given address. For another services, they will be the same. Woh, it is so interesting :lol: .
Dessy

Post by Dessy »

I do not think so
I think the racing more dangerous
Moreover,riding a bicycle can save energy and reduce carbon.

Do not you think? :-o
maharahman

Post by maharahman »

no i don't think cars will be a history after only 60 years from now, may be it will be more mordernize but wont entirely vanish. it will probably take good 300 years when anything repalces cars!!!
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

Yes offcourse there will be. If not car or bus, but there can another resource for transportation, however they will exist
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

TalkingPoint wrote:In 60 years, cars will be history.

Will we use cars 60 years from now? Cars, motorcycles, trucks, buses... Will they all be ancient history? Maybe we'll be using airplanes to go shopping, or teletransporters, or... Who knows? Maybe we'll still be using the car. What do you think?
there'll still be cars I am quite sure... there will just be more choices for us... like flying cars and tracks or floating elevators... there's no traffic up there you know... :roll: :lol:
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

I know that 60 years ago my old people had no TV, no telephone and no central heating. 60 years is too much to foreseeing.
sassybear

Post by sassybear »

omg. that will be so cool. without cars, we may actually have cars with wings. I hope the scientists will soon invent stuff similar like that. nowadays, the world is entering to a high-technology period. i'm sure they will invent those in no time. XD
FredTran

Post by FredTran »

sassybear wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:17 am omg. that will be so cool. without cars, we may actually have cars with wings. I hope the scientists will soon invent stuff similar like that. nowadays, the world is entering to a high-technology period. i'm sure they will invent those in no time. XD
The cars with wings are amazing but if it was real, i would never go out of my house. But if my house has wings too, it must be cool lol.
lebao

Post by lebao »

Hi everyone, today my students in Smart teens class will discuss about the topic: In 60 years, cars will be disappear?
JayAF

Post by JayAF »

I disagree with that. E-fuels may be the answer. However, as a dwellers of a limited world, we should think of ways to not oblitarate it. If we share ideas and get down to it, I think humanity can change the current situation.
Jay Atticus Fielding
Murazik
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Murazik »

i hope so
As far as I was concerned Can't wait to see whatever movie they're filming in London right now.