Secrets of Success

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, TalkingPoint

Post Reply
User avatar
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:21 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: England

Secrets of Success

Post by TalkingPoint » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:10 am

Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." To what extent do you agree with this definition?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Post by shokin » Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:03 pm

Why to want to be successfull ?

and modesty ? and discretion ?

and think about anyone than "I, ME, MYSELF".

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:14 am

shokin wrote:Why to want to be successfull ?
There are million reasons why one wants to be successful. For instance, being successful so you can give things back to the community, family, and others; being successful so you can help others without having a feeling you can't do much help because you can't even help yourself; being successful so you will have the opportunity to take care of your parents when they get older, and not putting them in nursing home like other insensitive children; or being successful so you can provide your children a better education, a better understanding about giving and sharing the wells. Anyway, I can give you my million reasons if you'd like to :wink: .

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by MissLT » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:21 am

TP wrote:Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." To what extent do you agree with this definition?
My mom always says, "you are never poor if you're not a lazy person with a good heart." I think it's true. If you're not lazy, there are always jobs out there for you to do if you're willing to do them. And if you have a good heart, there are people who will help you when you need help because of bad fortune.

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Post by shokin » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:55 am

What you say you can do with success, many people don't do so.

Success = Money ?

Better is not to create new needs. There are many unncessary (and bad !) things that people buy. If they did not buy these things, they could spend time and money more in the really important things.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

H
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:16 pm

Success

Post by H » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:10 am

Success is something that you have acheived what you want.
you can get success by doing well, becoming famous or rich. To put it more simply, when you are comfortable and not feeling uneasy, you are successful. I must say you can obtain success when you meet your desires and targets. However, I belive in this material world; success is through money, by getting good education, having properties, car, bank balance and soforth.

sometimes I thinks this is not adequate to be successful. Can you win hearts through money? Can you buy the love (genuine) of girl, the love of parents and the love of humans etc.

Does the money play a vital role in success?

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: Success

Post by MissLT » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:26 am

H wrote:Success is something that you have acheived what you want.you can get success by doing well, becoming famous or rich. To put it more simply, when you are comfortable and not feeling uneasy, you are successful.
Shokin, this is my answer right here. Thanks H, it's exactly what I wanted to say :wink: . If you want your day to be a happy day and you've made it becoming a happy, I think you've succeeded your goal to be happy, and therefore, you are successful. Success doesn't always have to involve with money. Anything you want for yourself or others and you have achieved it, you're successful.
And most of the reasons I said in my previous post involves with money. You can't deny that we don't need money to live. Money is essential; however, being a slave or a boss of money is how you work your way with money. Some people have little, but they are still happy enough while some have a lot, but they're too stressed to stop for a happy time.

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Post by shokin » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:14 am

I hope than you have not only personal goal, but collective goals, too.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

vince90
Gold Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by vince90 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:25 pm

shokin wrote:I hope than you have not only personal goal, but collective goals, too.

Shokin
It could be anything you have in mind that you want to achieve.

User avatar
Lizzy
Gold Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:44 am
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Lizzy » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:31 pm

TP wrote:Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." To what extent do you agree with this definition?
Actually, I quite agree with this definition! I think the success here mentions 2 points:

1-If one are capable of doing what he wants, he/she's half successful.
2-If he/she is diligent enough to do those, he/she is successful.

Post Reply