Secrets of Success

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

kassliw

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by kassliw »

TalkingPoint wrote:Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." To what extent do you agree with this definition?
The man is a success, when he is happy and fulfilled. Doing what you want protects him form troubles and conflicts, what happens a man is not success. If someone is cheerful there is no reasons that this guy can't name a man of success.
Prusalas

Post by Prusalas »

a succesful man is anyone that always thinks positive and doesn't depend others person
olamro

Post by olamro »

I agree with Bob Dylan, because I think people should do what they want or love. If you will pursue your dream you will be a success. Also a success depends on working hard - you have to try to give as much as possible and feel that you fulfill your goal during the day. Optimism is also very improtant, because you have to believe that you can do it and when you think that way you can be sure that you will be a success.
mcIlob

Post by mcIlob »

For everybody success can has some diffrent meaning, but in my point of view success is when we experience following day our life in which we are not limited and we can do what we like and want and when we are reaching earlier established target because achive it will be a success for us.
So, let's do what we like and achive the aim and let's be happy of our success.
rokwysocka

Post by rokwysocka »

In my mind not everyone is a success when he is doing what he want. Often people feel a lack of something. I think the other person in our life could fill it out. I believe that trust, helping each other and support is a very important part of our lives. ;-)
Klaudyna

Post by Klaudyna »

I don't agree with this definition of success because in our life the most important is to have a good friends and do something to help them if they have some problem. What is more I don't think that the success is when we get up, get to bed at night and do in the day what we want because it is a simply thing which we do in every day.
StoKin

Post by StoKin »

In my opinion success depends on working hard and our commitment in this what we want to do. It is possible if you are persistent in doing it.
lesoli

Post by lesoli »

I agree with this definition. In my opinion if you aren't happy and you don't love your job you couldn't be success. When you do something what you hate you can't achieve your goal so you wuoldn't be succeed.
krozmar

Post by krozmar »

I totally agree with this definition. When a man does what he wants to do then he can make his dreams come true, which gives him power to face lots of everyday problems. Doing things we want and love to do strenghten us inside, which is the biggest success in personal development.
alexandra

Post by alexandra »

Yes, I agree with Bob Dylan. In my opinion everybody should do what it want and make dreams come true. And if we get to bed in the evening abd can tell: "it was a good day", this means that you experienced a nice time and a lot of people jealousy you. According to me, the most important think in our live is happiness. When you do what you want- you are happy! ;)
dariakur

Post by dariakur »

I don't agree with this definition, because in my opinion success depends on people who you get up for in the morning and spend time with all. Even more importantly most people know what they will do during the day, but that not is success, but only organisation ;)
Tkiewicz

Post by Tkiewicz »

I'm succesfull when I can do something for other people, moreover according to me being succesfull depends only on us and it isn't matter if you have luck or bad-luck. If you want to reach the succes you should find a way how to be happy and do what you want
OlgaHelga

Post by OlgaHelga »

We are successful when we are believe in ourselves, but critical to our capabilities.We can manage with every task which we should do, if we try hard. We should not think about our bad lucks and downs constantly. Our unsuccess and mistakes gives us new experience, it teaches us how to be better, improve our skills.
RogelikIID

Post by RogelikIID »

Everyone has different definition of success. For example my friend thinks that he achieve success when he get up in the morning healthy and he can goes to bed in the evening still healthy. I agree with Bob Dylan sentence in fifty percent because It's great feeling when we can do what we want but we achive bigger success when we can do what we want and in the same time we help somebody.
jamsmith

Post by jamsmith »

I believe that success is something that everybody has its own meaning for e.g for me to get success is to earn so much money so it does vary individual to individual. Everyone has its own target and ambition in life so when one's gets it , he is labelled as successful person
nicbase

Post by nicbase »

I'm certaint that man who gets up in the mornig , and go to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do is successful , because this person is happy. Success is the key to hapiness, so person who is happy means successful person. success is equal to happiness. A person who achieve a goal which is proud of it, is as happy as a child, and as successful as a champion. Man who does what he wants is successful becuase he is trying to acheve sth by doing sth pleasant. He may never be being nervous and boring. The most success is to not be gutted.
OskiDz

Post by OskiDz »

I strongly agree with this definition, because it is the most important to do what we would like to do every day. It helps us to sleep pacefully and wake up as a happy person.
klamolga

Post by klamolga »

I don't know whether I agree with this definition. It's depend on lots of thing. For me success means lots of more. I believe that success is a combination of hard work and a little bit of luck. I set myself bigger goals and I try to achieve them.‏
natalianowak

Post by natalianowak »

I agree with this sentence, because when we do what we don't want to do, we aren't happy. And I think, that happiness is key of success. Without happiness life is incomplete. I suppose that success is when we live good and fortunate. In conclusion this definition of success is great.
alicpryl

Post by alicpryl »

In my opinion it's hard to tell because it's true that "A men is success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bet at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" but in the other hand it's very difficult to do this. Nowadays people wants to be successful but not always we can do what we only want.
We are obligated to going to school, work. Each of us has own duties. I think that success it's doing sth what we love and doing it with passion. :-)
justynasta

Post by justynasta »

I don't know if I agree with this definition of success. Probably I can't clarify it myself properly. I have different definition a man who is success. For me the achiever this is a person who has fulfilled all his dreams. Perhaps when I grow up I will think differently {-;
annmadej

Post by annmadej »

I think that secrets of success is doing something what we love, also love ourselves, and surround a very good people, also very important is hard work, creativity and a little bit of luck. It sound very simple and easy but the truth is that is very hard to have the all these things in the same time.
aladrelich

Post by aladrelich »

I agree with this definition because I think people is success when he or she do what wake them happy. If they don't do what they want they will be sad. I don't want be unhappy and do what i hate. I want do what make me satisfied and that is my success.
agatawerecka

Post by agatawerecka »

i agree with this sentence, we are success when we're free. Freedom is happiness, happiness is success. We need to feel over the moon and if we feel like that we're succcesful. We dont have to have lots of money or riches to be happy, we need to do what we want and be proud of it.
wiktoriasz

Post by wiktoriasz »

In my opinion Bob Dylan's words sound really great but it's not true key to be a "success man". It's not possible to do only what we want all life. People even if they have a money, fame, achievements have a responsibilities. Responsibilities without which they could not be considered as a "success man" in Bob Dylan's definition. And I'm sure that sometimes they feel that they don't want to do it, want to resign from it and change their plans but it's impossible.
For me being a "success man" doesn't depend on do all the time what we want. For me it's feel happy even if happiness is difficult to achieve, it's make a smile upon a faces who we love. It is a true and pure a way to being a success man {-:
kowalskidzik

Post by kowalskidzik »

I agree with Bob Dylan. The man who is successful is a man who knows what he wants. He Is determined, ambitious. He never gives up. Guarantee of success is to be focused on his goal of 100% and strive to him, even if it requires sacrifice.
Lucywa

Post by Lucywa »

I agree with this sentence but sometimes we can do what we want to do. If we don't be proud and don't be happy when we did something , it isn't success. Success is depend on working hard and exclusively us. :-)
MajaPu

Post by MajaPu »

So, I definitely agree with Bob Dylan's words, 'casue in my opinion, if we do what we want to do and what makes us happy- it's perfect. If ur job combines ur hobby, passions and if that what u do gives u money for good living u can be really proud of yourself, 'cause to be honest, I don't think a lot of people has this pleasure :')
Adifanstal

Post by Adifanstal »

I think sucess is the end of the road...It's a goal, which ambitious people want to achive. I think doing somethink, what makes you happy, can be a sucess for somebody(definition of Bob Dylan), but... why we can't doing what we want and be the best of the best in this thing? I think ambitious people can't agree with sucess in meaning of Bob Dylan. I'm ambitious, so...
dębskidzik

Post by dębskidzik »

It might be weird but for me the easiest way to success is have a passion. When sth intresting us it's not a problem become the best. Secret of succes ? We have to have one simply rule "i'll do my best and I dont care what people say" .
NaKuzajewska

Post by NaKuzajewska »

I agree with this definition of success, because for my doing in life what you really love is one of the most successful thing , which person can achieve. For example when you have a job that you don't like, you go there just to earn money and every day you wait for a return to home, you are unhappy and you know that this is not, what you wanted. But, when you have a job, which is your passion, you love it and you can spand there a lot of time, you really are a successful person. :ok:
kasgol

Post by kasgol »

I disagree with this definition. Doing what we want to do isn't always good for us. We can waist our time watching TV or drinking in bar and it isn't neither healty nor useful.
On the other side if we assume that he was thinking about we have a job that we love best family in the word and we are always happy cause we do what we like in our life we can fully agree with his words.
itspaulina

Post by itspaulina »

Totally agree with that. No matter what, the most important thing in life is doing what you like, what you want to do. If someone says you can't, then you have to! When you do it - you are a successful person. People can't decide about what you can do. Remember this when you wake up in the morning.
KubaKoi

Post by KubaKoi »

I agree with this words. In my opinion that is the biggest success we can reach in our life. Nothing can't make us happier than doing what we want. It's so sad, because no everybody can do what they really want to do.
kruwik

Post by kruwik »

I don't agree with this definition of success. Success is when people have got home where they could sleep, they have got money for eating and family or best friend with which one they could spent their life.
OlaaMej

Post by OlaaMej »

I do agree with this definition. My interpretation of word "success" is being fulfilled. When you wake up, go do something you love and fall asleep with smile on your face means you are man of success.
Meticulous

Post by Meticulous »

Even many towns in USA and Australia have as its name word "success". As we all see in that discussion there are lot of opinions. And it is sign there isn't just one definition of that word because for everyone it have some special meaning. For some person it can be love, family, communication. Another one defines it as money, social status. It is differs even within the same group of people. Even husband and wife can have absolutely opposite point of view on that question. I cant give universal definition of that word. No one can. Only the person who get success can do that definitely. I think everyone have that important right been engaged in realm he's interested in. Everyone have the right been happy in family, been healthy. Success is all of that plus fulfilling your goals. I can say that success is when you happy and all of your goals fulfilled in time (that is important factor because we have very small amount of that thing).
RyaninKorea

Post by RyaninKorea »

I once saw a Ted talk which talked about success and happiness. Many people think in order to be happy, you need to be successful. But it's actually the other way around. Once we are happy, then we can have success. Otherwise we just keep pushing "happiness" further and further away.
Follow along at my blog English for my Dream.
Smartboys

Post by Smartboys »

To Achieve success is totally depended on how we make the plan, what are we trying to achieve,
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

I think some things aren't the same if we are in another place or country... sometimes hard work is not important anymore... which is sad because if you are a hard worker and join the group who are not most likely you'll be harmed, fooled or be a victim of harassment of any sort... I think connections weigh more in some places... (this is sad)
esl member since 2007
masoudmajidi

Post by masoudmajidi »

Hi
In my view,secrets of success consist of trying in the correct way and never ever giving up in every part and period of life.
however there are a lot of people that they're trying so much but they don't get the good enough result.But we have to be patient in our way until we're getting our objective.
ritzkevin

Post by ritzkevin »

How sweet it is to reach that kind of success.
Ritz Kevin

Online English teacher/language trainer

Do you want to improve your English or Filipino? I can help. FREE trial

Skype id: housedog1983

Watch my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/iUDpoMJcdso
Farimahvafaee

Post by Farimahvafaee »

I dont aree with doing what we want, we are successful...sometimes, there is a long path that you have to go through, to reach to what u want.
I think , succes is a kind of satisfication one has of her/his life.