Secrets of Success

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderators: Vega, Krisi, TalkingPoint

sunnyni
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:47 am

I don't think he will be a success man

Post by sunnyni » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:11 am

For everyone's action should be limited by the ethical.
He cann't do everything he want. For there is a original instinct in everyone , he wants to get more and more , to expand his orbit. As a result he will be a aggressor. A aggressor can't be a success man.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: I don't think he will be a success man

Post by MissLT » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:07 pm

sunnyni wrote:For everyone's action should be limited by the ethical.
He cann't do everything he want. For there is a original instinct in everyone , he wants to get more and more , to expand his orbit. As a result he will be a aggressor. A aggressor can't be a success man.
:wink: Good point, sunnyni.

User avatar
phucauto3
Gold Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Ha Noi/VietNam
Contact:

Post by phucauto3 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:17 pm

I don't think so, why do you think that aggressor can not be a success??In history, many aggressor men were successful, for example napoleong... :)

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:38 pm

phucauto3 wrote:I don't think so, why do you think that aggressor can not be a success??In history, many aggressor men were successful, for example napoleong... :)
Ethical point of view, phu.

User avatar
phucauto3
Gold Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Ha Noi/VietNam
Contact:

Post by phucauto3 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:36 pm

yes, I gree with you that it's ethical problem,so that's difficult to say he is really successful;
oh yea, my name is Phuc
glad to meet you
thanks for reply.

happysmile
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:21 pm

Post by happysmile » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:45 am

In a book about success and luck, the author said that success can be come from luck. And luck doesn't come twice , we have to catch it as soon as we touch it.
He also compare luck by chance with manmade luck, because not all of luck leads to success, we have to know how to make a luck for ourseves. That success would be long-lasting.

User avatar
hello
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:17 pm
Location: Dubai

Success...

Post by hello » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:19 am

I think that a successful person is the one who achieves his aims without neglecting the surrounding, whether they are his friends or family ....

also, the success comes after managing your time very well ....
you have time for your study or work , for your friends, for your family , and for your other activities...

In my point of view, when a person feels satisfied of himself, he is a successful person.....

PlatoTse
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:15 pm
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Post by PlatoTse » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:56 pm

This topic reminds me a saying.
What makes one success is not one's IQ,but one's EQ.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:38 pm

PlatoTse wrote:This topic reminds me a saying.
What makes one success is not one's IQ,but one's EQ.
What's EQ? :?

joedev1
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:19 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: New York, Beijing, Osaka, Honolulu, Paris

How to succeed...

Post by joedev1 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:52 am

Thomas Watson, the founder of IBM, was asked once to give a formula for success. His reply? "Double your failure rate"!

User avatar
phucauto3
Gold Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Ha Noi/VietNam
Contact:

success!!

Post by phucauto3 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:28 pm

success, by definition, mean achieving your objects. Thus a successful person must be an individual that accomplishes his objectives more often than he fails to do so. Success is largely defined by measures such as wealth, position, status. In addition success is measured by one's capabilities

sunnyni
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:47 am

Post by sunnyni » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:50 am

From the replies , I concluded that many people believe that success is not wealth and position. It is defined as if one person can do what he want . So what you want to do now? Learning English? Maybe now we are all not success. If we want to sucess, we must have wealth , i think this is a basic condition. so you come here to study English for a better future.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:02 pm

sunnyni wrote:From the replies , I concluded that many people believe that success is not wealth and position. It is defined as if one person can do what he want . So what you want to do now? Learning English? Maybe now we are all not success. If we want to sucess, we must have wealth , i think this is a basic condition. so you come here to study English for a better future.
Some people study English just to know another language, to communicate with other peoplw who know how to speak English, etc. It doesn't have to be for your own future job. Well, speaking more than one language does benefit you for getting a better job, which is a better salary; however, what if you were a retired person who were learning another language? What do you say about those cases?

sunnyni
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:47 am

Post by sunnyni » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:52 am

LennyeTran wrote:
sunnyni wrote:From the replies , I concluded that many people believe that success is not wealth and position. It is defined as if one person can do what he want . So what you want to do now? Learning English? Maybe now we are all not success. If we want to sucess, we must have wealth , i think this is a basic condition. so you come here to study English for a better future.
Some people study English just to know another language, to communicate with other peoplw who know how to speak English, etc. It doesn't have to be for your own future job. Well, speaking more than one language does benefit you for getting a better job, which is a better salary; however, what if you were a retired person who were learning another language? What do you say about those cases?[/qu

I just want to give a instance.
I always can't do the thing that i want for i have not enough money. So i am not successful. Maybe the wealth people can't do what they want to do too. In the buddha , Greed is the enemy of the human. Everyone will be successful if he has no greed.

User avatar
phucauto3
Gold Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Ha Noi/VietNam
Contact:

Post by phucauto3 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:07 am

sunnyni!!!
What 's the diffirence between money and success in you!
to many people, family, job, social standing, knowledge is more important. If we can combine all perfectly, we will be successful

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:47 pm

sunnyni wrote: In the buddha , Greed is the enemy of the human. Everyone will be successful if he has no greed.
Yes, but wanting things for you or taking things that are not yours because you want them are greed. However, doing things for others or helping others is one of many ways to be successful, and it's not a greed. They are not a greed because you don't want thing for yourself or others. You help them because it's a part of one human being should do to another, and they'll be happy because of your help since you're a sincere person who just help without asking something back in return; therefore, to some people it could be a success because it's a part of the goals to them-- helping others when you could without asking something back in return. If you help people to get them to like you, then it's a part of a greed, for you've helped people with a purpose. It's not a genuine act.
About setting goals and wanting to achieve them are also greed; however, I think there are levels of greed. Not all greed are just plain bad. For instance, your greed based on the happiness of others could be a good or a bad thing. If your greed will make them happy, then is it good or bad? I think you know the answer. If your greed will take away their happiness, then I think you know it's a good or bad thing, right?

sunnyni
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:47 am

Post by sunnyni » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:49 am

Yes, it is me neglect the other side meaning of the greed.

Each time we dicuss the problem, we have to balance the both side of it, bad and good.

Codby
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:44 am
Location: Hanoi

Post by Codby » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:29 am

Oh,Phu said about napoleon.
He is my idol.!!!I often get aggressive as him

I admire his talent,his character.His life is an immortal epic!!!

All my love for him!!

star*dust
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:03 pm
Location: Jordan
Contact:

Post by star*dust » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:15 pm

hello everyone, I just wanna say that i completely agree with what Bob Dylan said.... to me, if u go to bed and u did wat u wanted during the day then ur successful no doubt there. success is mistakingly perceived these days as doing sth that brings alot of money and move u up in social class..i say success is doing wat u want and being happy and satisfied....I believe that's the meaning of life:)

User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 2252
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner

Post by Vega » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:25 pm

Idea is a secret of success

meylenlau
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:22 am
Location: MALAYSIA

Success

Post by meylenlau » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:07 pm

“Success” is the expectation of humans, if one has the strong determination to work it out , I’m sure, he/she will succeed.Merely have an idea is insufficient,sould have actions,ready to face and solve problems,and...must not give up.

welcome, more opinions please.

candykhkh
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:17 am
Location: vietnam
Contact:

Post by candykhkh » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:50 pm

I wonder if there is any Vietnamese, except me, in this forum.
Following is the link of a Vietnamese girl saying about what success is.
http://www19.dantri.com.vn/giaoduc-khuy ... 148550.vip
I agree with Bob Dylan. Most people think of success as some difficult thing to get. But to Bob Dylan, the above girl and me, success is what you can do like the way you want :D

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Post by shokin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:10 pm

And internet means business. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Shokin

meylenlau
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:22 am
Location: MALAYSIA

Post by meylenlau » Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:43 am

candykhkh wrote:I wonder if there is any Vietnamese, except me, in this forum.
Following is the link of a Vietnamese girl saying about what success is.
http://www19.dantri.com.vn/giaoduc-khuy ... 148550.vip
I agree with Bob Dylan. Most people think of success as some difficult thing to get. But to Bob Dylan, the above girl and me, success is what you can do like the way you want :D
Hi,

I agree with your point of views, they are your expectations, once you have got what you need/like, you feel happy and satisfied, right? So success is just that,I understand that. .It is normal.

But, sometimes the basic needs (food, clothing, sleep, shelter, security) are just difficult to get in a war-torn country and starvation area whereby they have to rob and kill to get these needs …..)For us these things are plenty and excessive.So, we don't feel difficult to get.

When humans have sufficient of these basic needs, they want something else to upgrade their lives , such as: friends, family, children, car, washing machine , better education, better job and so forth. After having all these, do you think humans will stop expecting? No, right? The expectation just keep on moving ahead. Besides material/money , humans are also expect for respectability from others, popularity , fame and…....ceaseless.

Amazing, right ? This is mundane. Thus, humans’ desires are ceaseless until the end of their lives. Once the expectations are there, humans need to work them out, some are easy to achieve but some are not. Without any expectation is not a human.

Therefore, to hit the target, easy or difficult it depends on you, what are you, where are you......

xingxing
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:37 am
Location: China

Post by xingxing » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:55 am

LennyeTran wrote:
shokin wrote:Why to want to be successfull ?
There are million reasons why one wants to be successful. For instance, being successful so you can give things back to the community, family, and others; being successful so you can help others without having a feeling you can't do much help because you can't even help yourself; being successful so you will have the opportunity to take care of your parents when they get older, and not putting them in nursing home like other insensitive children; or being successful so you can provide your children a better education, a better understanding about giving and sharing the wells. Anyway, I can give you my million reasons if you'd like to :wink: .


I quite agree with your opinion .to me now ,i study in a university of China .An d I will finish it an d get my bachelor degree next summer .and in the following years ,i will study two years to get my graduate degree .however ,i have o dreem that oneday i can study in usa even when i was a child .an d to a foreign er ,english is a second language and to pass toefl and gre is not a easy thing for me .but ,since i have the dream ,i get up early in the moring and study lately untill evenings .all my cultivation comes from my dream .maybe in 2009 i will maybe in the american land .wish me good luck .
(wish frends all over the world pick up my mistakes when i express my opininon using english ,help me improve my english ability ,thanks to all).

xingxing
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:37 am
Location: China

Post by xingxing » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:22 am

happysmile wrote:In a book about success and luck, the author said that success can be come from luck. And luck doesn't come twice , we have to catch it as soon as we touch it.
He also compare luck by chance with manmade luck, because not all of luck leads to success, we have to know how to make a luck for ourseves. That success would be long-lasting.


luck or chance is of course important to a person's success .and under certain curcumstances ,it plays a grave important role in the way to success .however ,i also want to say .besides luck or chance ,what we also should do is that prepare for it .In china ,there is a old saying says like that opertunity always gives chances to those who make good preparation .

xingxing
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:37 am
Location: China

Post by xingxing » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:54 am

LennyeTran wrote:
sunnyni wrote: In the buddha , Greed is the enemy of the human. Everyone will be successful if he has no greed.

Yes, but wanting things for you or taking things that are not yours because you want them are greed. However, doing things for others or helping others is one of many ways to be successful, and it's not a greed. They are not a greed because you don't want thing for yourself or others. You help them because it's a part of one human being should do to another, and they'll be happy because of your help since you're a sincere person who just help without asking something back in return; therefore, to some people it could be a success because it's a part of the goals to them-- helping others when you could without asking something back in return. If you help people to get them to like you, then it's a part of a greed, for you've helped people with a purpose. It's not a genuine act.
About setting goals and wanting to achieve them are also greed; however, I think there are levels of greed. Not all greed are just plain bad. For instance, your greed based on the happiness of others could be a good or a bad thing. If your greed will make them happy, then is it good or bad? I think you know the answer. If your greed will take away their happiness, then I think you know it's a good or bad thing, right?


Yes ,it is ture to say like that .And i remember ,J.F.Kennedy,a late American president,once said "Ask not what your country can do for you, Ask what you can do for your conutry".Yet I want to say "Ask not what others can do for you ,Ask what you can do for others".

ericfiel
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:12 pm
Location: brasil

Post by ericfiel » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:09 pm

hi all, in my opinion we can't define success. I think everyone has difernt ways of feeling he/she succed in his/her life. what i want to mean is that we are diferent from each other so we fell success diferently.

User avatar
Sunnypk
Platinum Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:55 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Pakistan

Re: Success

Post by Sunnypk » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:11 pm

H wrote:Success is something that you have acheived what you want.
you can get success by doing well, becoming famous or rich. To put it more simply, when you are comfortable and not feeling uneasy, you are successful. I must say you can obtain success when you meet your desires and targets. However, I belive in this material world; success is through money, by getting good education, having properties, car, bank balance and soforth.

sometimes I thinks this is not adequate to be successful. Can you win hearts through money? Can you buy the love (genuine) of girl, the love of parents and the love of humans etc.

Does the money play a vital role in success?

I agree with you

Lac
Silver Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:07 am
Contact:

Secrets of success

Post by Lac » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:19 pm

When humans have sufficient of these basic needs, they want something else to upgrade their lives , such as: friends, family, children, car, washing machine , better education, better job and so forth. After having all these, do you think humans will stop expecting? No, right? The expectation just keep on moving ahead. Besides material/money , humans are also expect for respectability from others, popularity , fame and…....ceaseless.
Your are right, my friend. We always have incessant and varying needs increasing to the ever changing society. We seem never satisfied with anything we obtained and our desire keeps moving ahead. It turns our that happiness in any success becomes so relative, more exactly, nothing called absolute success. That's the reality we all must accept in life.
Amazing, right ? This is mundane. Thus, humans’ desires are ceaseless until the end of their lives. Once the expectations are there, humans need to work them out, some are easy to achieve but some are not. Without any expectation is not a human.
So where is the success ? It's all up to your capability ? Not sure . Many persons have some ability to do something, yet they looks to be unsuccessful in other aspects. In most of the cases, the right time and the right place, let alone some fortune, ocassionaly plays a vital role in deciding the success of anyone.

nadiaSV
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:30 am
Location: Bulgaria

Post by nadiaSV » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:06 pm

Success is made of many many smaller ones- such as many little steps on a path. For me success is when I see the smile of someone smilling at me, when i realise I didn't do something bad just few minutes ago, when i can close my eyes and all I see is soft, smiling light inside of me, when i see the thankfulness in someone's eyes, that I have just helped, the feelling of satisfaction after a well- done job, the feeling when u realise that u have just understood something new in life, something which pushes u one step ahaid, the feeling when u know u are always on one step to your dreams, the fact that this morning I woke up with smile on my face and love in my heart, success is when I can rely on someone, when someone grabs my hand and smile at me. Success is when one day when u are old u can sit on a chair turn back to your life and say: I could live it once again the same.

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by shokin » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:54 pm

You are the only judge of your success.



Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

emilykorea
Silver Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:52 pm
Status: Other

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by emilykorea » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:24 pm

anyone here who have read The Secret?

User avatar
peter_she
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:08 am
Location: China
Contact:

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by peter_she » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:15 am

What you can succeed in your career life is to do the best that you possiblly can do!!!
"Love in Beauty,Truth,Goodness;Live 2b Just,Fair, open"http://l2learners.blog.edu.cn

User avatar
Krisi
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Krisi » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:46 am

TalkingPoint wrote:Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." To what extent do you agree with this definition?
Yes. For me the work is more rewarding if we like what we are doing... the good aura I think can be seen by others thru the outcome of our works...
esl member since 2007

andrescem
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:12 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by andrescem » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:37 pm

Success is when you achieve all the things that you aim at, for eg. finishing university, getting the job you like and want, earning good money , having friends, a girl to love, staying healthy, thinking about having a great family. For working hard it´s neccesary for success , a bit of luck, a lot of optimism, and mainly happiness {-:
it´s important to be always prepeared to overcome the problems that can appear and learn from them ;-)
Good luck with you goals ;-)

andrescem
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:12 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by andrescem » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Success is when you achieve all the things that you aim at, for eg. finishing university, getting the job you like and want, earning good money , having friends, a girl to love, staying healthy, thinking about having a great family. For working hard it´s neccesary for success , a bit of luck, a lot of optimism, and mainly happiness {-:
it´s important to be always prepeared to overcome the problems that can appear and learn from them ;-)
Good luck with you goals ;-)

User avatar
Seafarer
Gold Member
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:40 pm
Location: where i'm happy

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Seafarer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:38 pm

Talk less...and be busy with what u're doing...this is the success

rehman
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:03 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by rehman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:14 am

TalkingPoint wrote:Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." To what extent do you agree with this definition?
i have strong faith that you will get that which is in your destiny...... hard working and edcuation are somehow useless things becuase man receives that Allah has written in his luck and destiny.......

hanami
Silver Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:02 am
Location: viet nam

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by hanami » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:24 pm

I am sorry for not reading through the topic with so many posts. In my own opinion, a success is one who has passion for what he does and understands what life is like. A success is realistic, patient and self-driven. I don't want to say it in such a simple way, but I think success has a price. Moreover, one can succeed in one or some aspects but he may be far behind in other aspects. To be successful is to focus most of your energy, creation on a certain thing. The most success may be who knows where and when to put his passion and attention as well as knows how to apply his skills and abilities effectively. And finally and surely, a success will do what he wants to do, if the saying is implied as "he dares to do what he wants to".
happiness is something you can't foretell

User avatar
Rui
Gold Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:41 am
Location: World, Portugal, Porto, Maia

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Rui » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:31 pm

i would say that success more than anything else, happens when you're really happen with the person you are.

Quoting the famous singer "James Blunt". The most successful person he has ever met is a a old friend from school that stills living with his family on a caravan and travelling through many places.

And i trully believe on that ;)

User avatar
Sunnypk
Platinum Member
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:55 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Pakistan

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Sunnypk » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:05 pm

If you are followed these stops then no doubt success will be in your hand.
and a big thing is that for once to be success is to must understand the nature of human being.

1. Steps to a successful life
2. Cultivate the right attitude
3. Think about the consequences
4. Create a base / Foundation for yourself
5. Set your objectives
6. Acquire the necessary information
7. Deal with your fears
8. Hard work
9. Learn from your mistakes
10. Motivate yourself
11. Trust in God
12. Be courageous
As you sew, so shall you reap

hanguyen
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:54 pm
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by hanguyen » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:12 pm

"The Secret" film gives us the secret of success - The Law of Attraction. It explains why somebody are successful and happy and others are not.
Watch it and you'll see.

davidhua
Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:34 am
Location: An Hui province ,china

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by davidhua » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:27 am

everyone needs success . my dad always says ,"as a real man ,you need success ."
In our society , people will respect you if you are successful , this is the real life .

keenlearner
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:56 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by keenlearner » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:53 am

Nice topic....

To succeed in my opinion is be different, daring and be there first....

martinohare
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 11:14 am
Status: English Teacher

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by martinohare » Thu May 21, 2009 11:33 am

Happiness is success and to be happy it's not about fulfilling your needs. On the contrary it's all about doing what is right in God's eyes - to train your conscience and to have necessary fear so that you are going to make the correct decisions. The more you are busy in doing the will of God then the more God will be busy in giving us his blessing. We can expect real opposition in this world because the vast majority of folks just do things their own way, not knowing what force controls the world. So they go on doing the things that are in accordance with the ruler of this world and their thoughts are aligned in this way. In short they ignore what God's word invokes them to do. Read Matthew 6:33.

SJUJULIE
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:27 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by SJUJULIE » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:46 am

The first thing, I think you have to definition what is "success" for you? Everyone thinks different definition of their success. Someone thinks that their family is health and get together. That is a kind of success. Moreover, somebody thinks if they can earn lots of money. That will be success for them. Besides, I think Bob Dylan means “diligent” in some thing that you want, that will be success in that thing. For this reason, I agree that definition in sometime.

hammoudi
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:51 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by hammoudi » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:55 pm

they are reasons for success: maslow we give motivation pyramid the last explain why the humain doing!

SJUJULIE
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:27 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by SJUJULIE » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:34 pm

There are many “Secrets of Success”. First of all, Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." That means “diligent” in some thing if you want to do. Everyone has different definition to their success. Someone thinks that their family is healthy and get together. That is a kind of success. Moreover, somebody thinks if they can earn lots of money. That will be success for them. In my opinion, I think that will be a successful person if you have enough money and healthy body for you. For this reason, I believe you will be success if you work hard in something what you want. I agree Bob Dylan’s meaning.

User avatar
maitrechanta
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:45 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by maitrechanta » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:54 am

Success is when you reached your own goal !

User avatar
Gnagna[girl]
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:31 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Gnagna[girl] » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:59 am

I'am agree with Bob Dylan. I think a man is a success when he's well in his body and in his head.

irenapol
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:14 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Poland

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by irenapol » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:29 pm

The measure of success is different for everyone. It can be being able to walk properly for a child, being self-contained and independent for a person with a disability of some kind, learning a foreign language, having a loving family, or a big house, or reaching the highest step on career ladder for some ambitious businessman.Whatever it is, if it makes you feel content with what you've achieved, it is YOUR success.

irenapol
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:14 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Poland

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by irenapol » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:48 pm

Being able to do what you want to do IS a success, but it's so hard to achieve!

kassliw
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:18 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by kassliw » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:03 pm

TalkingPoint wrote:Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." To what extent do you agree with this definition?
The man is a success, when he is happy and fulfilled. Doing what you want protects him form troubles and conflicts, what happens a man is not success. If someone is cheerful there is no reasons that this guy can't name a man of success.

Prusalas
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:48 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Prusalas » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:42 am

a succesful man is anyone that always thinks positive and doesn't depend others person

olamro
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:24 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by olamro » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:26 pm

I agree with Bob Dylan, because I think people should do what they want or love. If you will pursue your dream you will be a success. Also a success depends on working hard - you have to try to give as much as possible and feel that you fulfill your goal during the day. Optimism is also very improtant, because you have to believe that you can do it and when you think that way you can be sure that you will be a success.

mcIlob
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:57 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by mcIlob » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:14 pm

For everybody success can has some diffrent meaning, but in my point of view success is when we experience following day our life in which we are not limited and we can do what we like and want and when we are reaching earlier established target because achive it will be a success for us.
So, let's do what we like and achive the aim and let's be happy of our success.

rokwysocka
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:08 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by rokwysocka » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:25 pm

In my mind not everyone is a success when he is doing what he want. Often people feel a lack of something. I think the other person in our life could fill it out. I believe that trust, helping each other and support is a very important part of our lives. ;-)

Klaudyna
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:53 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Klaudyna » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:06 pm

I don't agree with this definition of success because in our life the most important is to have a good friends and do something to help them if they have some problem. What is more I don't think that the success is when we get up, get to bed at night and do in the day what we want because it is a simply thing which we do in every day.

StoKin
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:01 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by StoKin » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:57 am

In my opinion success depends on working hard and our commitment in this what we want to do. It is possible if you are persistent in doing it.

lesoli
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:11 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by lesoli » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:21 pm

I agree with this definition. In my opinion if you aren't happy and you don't love your job you couldn't be success. When you do something what you hate you can't achieve your goal so you wuoldn't be succeed.

krozmar
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:34 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by krozmar » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:42 pm

I totally agree with this definition. When a man does what he wants to do then he can make his dreams come true, which gives him power to face lots of everyday problems. Doing things we want and love to do strenghten us inside, which is the biggest success in personal development.

alexandra
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by alexandra » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:35 pm

Yes, I agree with Bob Dylan. In my opinion everybody should do what it want and make dreams come true. And if we get to bed in the evening abd can tell: "it was a good day", this means that you experienced a nice time and a lot of people jealousy you. According to me, the most important think in our live is happiness. When you do what you want- you are happy! ;)

dariakur
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:55 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by dariakur » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:55 pm

I don't agree with this definition, because in my opinion success depends on people who you get up for in the morning and spend time with all. Even more importantly most people know what they will do during the day, but that not is success, but only organisation ;)

Tkiewicz
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:17 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Tkiewicz » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm succesfull when I can do something for other people, moreover according to me being succesfull depends only on us and it isn't matter if you have luck or bad-luck. If you want to reach the succes you should find a way how to be happy and do what you want

User avatar
OlgaHelga
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:40 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by OlgaHelga » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:26 pm

We are successful when we are believe in ourselves, but critical to our capabilities.We can manage with every task which we should do, if we try hard. We should not think about our bad lucks and downs constantly. Our unsuccess and mistakes gives us new experience, it teaches us how to be better, improve our skills.

RogelikIID
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:50 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by RogelikIID » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:32 pm

Everyone has different definition of success. For example my friend thinks that he achieve success when he get up in the morning healthy and he can goes to bed in the evening still healthy. I agree with Bob Dylan sentence in fifty percent because It's great feeling when we can do what we want but we achive bigger success when we can do what we want and in the same time we help somebody.

jamsmith
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:22 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by jamsmith » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:30 am

I believe that success is something that everybody has its own meaning for e.g for me to get success is to earn so much money so it does vary individual to individual. Everyone has its own target and ambition in life so when one's gets it , he is labelled as successful person

nicbase
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:35 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by nicbase » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:03 pm

I'm certaint that man who gets up in the mornig , and go to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do is successful , because this person is happy. Success is the key to hapiness, so person who is happy means successful person. success is equal to happiness. A person who achieve a goal which is proud of it, is as happy as a child, and as successful as a champion. Man who does what he wants is successful becuase he is trying to acheve sth by doing sth pleasant. He may never be being nervous and boring. The most success is to not be gutted.

OskiDz
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:28 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by OskiDz » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:01 pm

I strongly agree with this definition, because it is the most important to do what we would like to do every day. It helps us to sleep pacefully and wake up as a happy person.

klamolga
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:33 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by klamolga » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:44 pm

I don't know whether I agree with this definition. It's depend on lots of thing. For me success means lots of more. I believe that success is a combination of hard work and a little bit of luck. I set myself bigger goals and I try to achieve them.‏

natalianowak
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:09 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by natalianowak » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:56 pm

I agree with this sentence, because when we do what we don't want to do, we aren't happy. And I think, that happiness is key of success. Without happiness life is incomplete. I suppose that success is when we live good and fortunate. In conclusion this definition of success is great.

User avatar
alicpryl
Member
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:17 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by alicpryl » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:54 am

In my opinion it's hard to tell because it's true that "A men is success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bet at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" but in the other hand it's very difficult to do this. Nowadays people wants to be successful but not always we can do what we only want.
We are obligated to going to school, work. Each of us has own duties. I think that success it's doing sth what we love and doing it with passion. :-)

justynasta
Member
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:15 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by justynasta » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:55 pm

I don't know if I agree with this definition of success. Probably I can't clarify it myself properly. I have different definition a man who is success. For me the achiever this is a person who has fulfilled all his dreams. Perhaps when I grow up I will think differently {-;

annmadej
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:12 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by annmadej » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:21 pm

I think that secrets of success is doing something what we love, also love ourselves, and surround a very good people, also very important is hard work, creativity and a little bit of luck. It sound very simple and easy but the truth is that is very hard to have the all these things in the same time.

User avatar
aladrelich
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:35 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by aladrelich » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:21 pm

I agree with this definition because I think people is success when he or she do what wake them happy. If they don't do what they want they will be sad. I don't want be unhappy and do what i hate. I want do what make me satisfied and that is my success.

agatawerecka
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:28 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by agatawerecka » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:14 pm

i agree with this sentence, we are success when we're free. Freedom is happiness, happiness is success. We need to feel over the moon and if we feel like that we're succcesful. We dont have to have lots of money or riches to be happy, we need to do what we want and be proud of it.

wiktoriasz
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:14 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by wiktoriasz » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:38 pm

In my opinion Bob Dylan's words sound really great but it's not true key to be a "success man". It's not possible to do only what we want all life. People even if they have a money, fame, achievements have a responsibilities. Responsibilities without which they could not be considered as a "success man" in Bob Dylan's definition. And I'm sure that sometimes they feel that they don't want to do it, want to resign from it and change their plans but it's impossible.
For me being a "success man" doesn't depend on do all the time what we want. For me it's feel happy even if happiness is difficult to achieve, it's make a smile upon a faces who we love. It is a true and pure a way to being a success man {-:

kowalskidzik
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:32 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by kowalskidzik » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:46 pm

I agree with Bob Dylan. The man who is successful is a man who knows what he wants. He Is determined, ambitious. He never gives up. Guarantee of success is to be focused on his goal of 100% and strive to him, even if it requires sacrifice.

Lucywa
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:44 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Lucywa » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:07 pm

I agree with this sentence but sometimes we can do what we want to do. If we don't be proud and don't be happy when we did something , it isn't success. Success is depend on working hard and exclusively us. :-)

MajaPu
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:30 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by MajaPu » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:24 pm

So, I definitely agree with Bob Dylan's words, 'casue in my opinion, if we do what we want to do and what makes us happy- it's perfect. If ur job combines ur hobby, passions and if that what u do gives u money for good living u can be really proud of yourself, 'cause to be honest, I don't think a lot of people has this pleasure :')

Adifanstal
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:43 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Adifanstal » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:24 pm

I think sucess is the end of the road...It's a goal, which ambitious people want to achive. I think doing somethink, what makes you happy, can be a sucess for somebody(definition of Bob Dylan), but... why we can't doing what we want and be the best of the best in this thing? I think ambitious people can't agree with sucess in meaning of Bob Dylan. I'm ambitious, so...

dębskidzik
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:31 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by dębskidzik » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:25 pm

It might be weird but for me the easiest way to success is have a passion. When sth intresting us it's not a problem become the best. Secret of succes ? We have to have one simply rule "i'll do my best and I dont care what people say" .

NaKuzajewska
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:22 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by NaKuzajewska » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:02 pm

I agree with this definition of success, because for my doing in life what you really love is one of the most successful thing , which person can achieve. For example when you have a job that you don't like, you go there just to earn money and every day you wait for a return to home, you are unhappy and you know that this is not, what you wanted. But, when you have a job, which is your passion, you love it and you can spand there a lot of time, you really are a successful person. :ok:

kasgol
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:29 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by kasgol » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:34 pm

I disagree with this definition. Doing what we want to do isn't always good for us. We can waist our time watching TV or drinking in bar and it isn't neither healty nor useful.
On the other side if we assume that he was thinking about we have a job that we love best family in the word and we are always happy cause we do what we like in our life we can fully agree with his words.

itspaulina
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:41 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by itspaulina » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:53 pm

Totally agree with that. No matter what, the most important thing in life is doing what you like, what you want to do. If someone says you can't, then you have to! When you do it - you are a successful person. People can't decide about what you can do. Remember this when you wake up in the morning.

KubaKoi
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:27 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by KubaKoi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:20 pm

I agree with this words. In my opinion that is the biggest success we can reach in our life. Nothing can't make us happier than doing what we want. It's so sad, because no everybody can do what they really want to do.

kruwik
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:00 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by kruwik » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:28 pm

I don't agree with this definition of success. Success is when people have got home where they could sleep, they have got money for eating and family or best friend with which one they could spent their life.

OlaaMej
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:35 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by OlaaMej » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:46 pm

I do agree with this definition. My interpretation of word "success" is being fulfilled. When you wake up, go do something you love and fall asleep with smile on your face means you are man of success.

User avatar
Meticulous
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:56 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Meticulous » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:44 pm

Even many towns in USA and Australia have as its name word "success". As we all see in that discussion there are lot of opinions. And it is sign there isn't just one definition of that word because for everyone it have some special meaning. For some person it can be love, family, communication. Another one defines it as money, social status. It is differs even within the same group of people. Even husband and wife can have absolutely opposite point of view on that question. I cant give universal definition of that word. No one can. Only the person who get success can do that definitely. I think everyone have that important right been engaged in realm he's interested in. Everyone have the right been happy in family, been healthy. Success is all of that plus fulfilling your goals. I can say that success is when you happy and all of your goals fulfilled in time (that is important factor because we have very small amount of that thing).

User avatar
RyaninKorea
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:32 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: Seoul, Korea

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by RyaninKorea » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:58 am

I once saw a Ted talk which talked about success and happiness. Many people think in order to be happy, you need to be successful. But it's actually the other way around. Once we are happy, then we can have success. Otherwise we just keep pushing "happiness" further and further away.
Follow along at my blog English for my Dream.

Smartboys
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:18 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Nigeria

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Smartboys » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:24 am

To Achieve success is totally depended on how we make the plan, what are we trying to achieve,

User avatar
Krisi
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 4133
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Krisi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:27 am

I think some things aren't the same if we are in another place or country... sometimes hard work is not important anymore... which is sad because if you are a hard worker and join the group who are not most likely you'll be harmed, fooled or be a victim of harassment of any sort... I think connections weigh more in some places... (this is sad)
esl member since 2007

User avatar
masoudmajidi
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:19 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by masoudmajidi » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:28 am

Hi
In my view,secrets of success consist of trying in the correct way and never ever giving up in every part and period of life.
however there are a lot of people that they're trying so much but they don't get the good enough result.But we have to be patient in our way until we're getting our objective.

User avatar
ritzkevin
Silver Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:39 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: Philippines

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by ritzkevin » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:08 am

How sweet it is to reach that kind of success.
Ritz Kevin

Online English teacher/language trainer

Do you want to improve your English or Filipino? I can help. FREE trial

Skype id: housedog1983

Watch my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/iUDpoMJcdso

Farimahvafaee
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:09 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Secrets of Success

Post by Farimahvafaee » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:31 pm

I dont aree with doing what we want, we are successful...sometimes, there is a long path that you have to go through, to reach to what u want.
I think , succes is a kind of satisfication one has of her/his life.

Post Reply