How can terrorist attacks be prevented in the future?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Terrorism

Post by tikay »

When those bombing -planes hit the twin towers I was on my way to school near Los Angeles California...I had discovered that I was pregnant with the child of my current boyfriend and I was deciding to keep or let go of this child, we were obviously not going to be marrying because of our problems but I have waited all of my life to raise a girl child...it was a dream coming true. I had three sons who were becoming men. I was fourty years old. An artist and mother returning to school.

I entered my college to see the planes destroying the two huge buildings in my country...I watched it over asd over for several hours during the news take-over of the screen, the impact will never quite be explained...I knew IT was coming because of the way our politicians deny truth...but i was not ready for it. I was pregnant with a little girl. I was livid. I was tortured by the decision to have the child because we were giong to be embrioled in a war...possibly of the third kind...the war to end us all.

Imagine how it affected me. I was raised by hippys...people with an agenda for peace. We were asking for the means to counter act such things since I can remember. Why do the politicians cause so much suffering under the guise of protection...why did they not make friends with all nations before to prevent these things from coming to fruition? They are selfish. They dont think properly. They are avoiding truth. To get along is easy...you must first show some RESPECT and then follow it with being just NICE. No EXCEPTIONS. I dont care if my neighbors worship a RELIGIOUS SYSTEM that i disagree with, or an old shoe as their god...that is their perogitive, THAT... It does not matter, they live so they have a right to do as they please...i will respect them because I have no other right place...judge them not ...but if everyone respected the LIFE....well maybe they would not try to snuff it out of the next person, because no one has the right. I expect many of you will not get my point but I must say it and end here. NO ONE SHOULD TAKE A LIFE AND IF THEY DO THERE ARE GOING TO BE CONSEQUENSES...to taking the life. We are not responsible for the actions of world leaders but we are responsible to get them to hear our voices in disagreement to what they are doing which affect us daily. WAR Is Not The Answer to War Crimes. They should be brought to justice through the systems of punishment for CRIMES against humanity.

I have so much more to say but I will stop here for now because I am sick today with a cold. I must rest now.
love to the whole planet and beyond.......
( I have my daughter and she is a dream come true) I wait for an end to WAR, for my children to see life... and you too! as I have been able to do.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Tikay I read your message and found alot of truth in some of the things you said. The problem with terrorism is it doesn't just affect one country or one people, it affects us all.

The point that you raised that I agree with whole-heartedly is the fact that MOST people don't care what religion people follow. The problem with extremists is that they want the whole world to think and act as they do. :twisted:

We have to fight these sorts of attitudes.

'Live and Let Live'.
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hey Shazzam

Post by tikay »

Hey!
You are right of course. The demeanor of humans who try to say we should all believe as they do is wrong. Even I would not want people to constantly agree with my ideas especially if they were not in line with their thoughts, But I am a peace-maker at heart.

I get very angry about things that seem like pure insanity, and I often wonder how people can act as if the answers are not more simple. It all goes a bit too slow...dragging it's feet this PROGRESS...I want things to be better for everyone overnight sometimes, then I remember that the process is going as it is going. That the process is important too. And I get over myself again. I lighten up...

I can then see that big changes are coming and many forms of violence, toward people who have been raised differently will be a thing of the past one future day.

Look at what has happened since the time of my elders. My grandmom rode to Missouri at about age nine, in a covered wagon...think John Wayne movies...and look at the things we have learned since then...in less than a hundred years!

I have nothing but hope that tolerance wins in the end.
The insanity has to stop someday!
We must fight if we have it in us. We must do whatever we can to make this progress our process, even if it means just being tolerant in an english club forum...one step at a time we will be made more a whole people. Become less and less broken as nations, one person at a time.
Consul

Re: How can terrorist attacks be prevented in the future?

Post by Consul »

I think terrorism is one of the main problems in our time. Many people want to change the world and some of these people do it use the guns and attack government places, killing peaceful people and another terrible things. In our time we call these people – terrorists. In some cases terrorists cover themselves under the God, and they do these things witch the God say to do. I think that these people are cruel, mean and they mustn’t live here, because if they say things like these, we terribly think what thought in their head?!! That’s why government make meeting, where they solve this problem. And I think not only government can solve this problem but we can solve too if we help each other with OUR COMMON EFFORTS, because one people can’t do something in this situation!!! All countries have to unite and prevent terrorists!Thanks=))
Consul

Post by Consul »

and only love each other {-: =))
nessma

Post by nessma »

actually , i think there is a relation between policy & terrorism between countries so
some groups use mafias to Carry out terrorist attaks in these countries
Samirhukil

Post by Samirhukil »

Terrorist attacks can be prevented by ending terrorism.

Negotiate with the people who are forced to become terrorists. Have a dialouge with them.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

To encourage and preserve self-determination of each conscious being.

To give a pedagogical value to each thing, to each action, to each being.

To have courage to live fun, to put fun into our life !

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
alcimara

Post by alcimara »

Terrorists shold be treated in the strictest possible, becouse they haven't limits in their attacks.
dianayamazaki

Post by dianayamazaki »

The best way is through education, not only science and serious stuff, but also behavior and mindset training. Through early education, children can be taught to do the right things and have compassion towards others. Most of the terrorist are antisocial, so children should be trained how to socialize with others and help each other.

The other way, which is also important, is law enforcement. In mu opinion death sentence is the fairest penalty for those terrorist who cruelly kill many innocent people just because of their fanatic wrath. This penalty will cause deterrent effect, so logically it will decrease terrorism case if implemented properly.
asgharloo

Post by asgharloo »

This is a controversial topic for discuss, I believe that the thing that causes terrorists emerge in this era, have different reason. if we want to find a resolution for this problem in this world we should consider the cultural aspect of this action.
The main reason I believe that in some countries the people suffer from poverty and poverty of course it brings the ignorance .in this countries fundamental groups have potential to arise and find some pro. they deceive uneducated people and manipulate them to do this things.
So for the first we should help this people with knowledge , money and try to understand them.
To sum up I believe the whole world should try to provide better facilities and better education for these society and help them with development.

I hope I has not bother anyone.
hellofriend

Post by hellofriend »

There are several methods we can use to prevent the terrorists' attack. But i mean they are also unstable, they can attack any place at anytime and anwhere thet want. But there are still some things we can do to minimize the percentage of terroist. First we can sent more and more spy into their organization, so we can have an eye on them. Secondly, we need to reley ourselves, try to stength the security check like put more and more security check station in the city, it could be in every metro station, any entrance of a building.