Are left-handed people disadvantaged?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

hedwig14

Post by hedwig14 »

coz they are outnumbered? i think they're very artistic.. their right hemisphere is more developed than ours. they have their own advantages..
yinzhang
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Are left-handed people disadvantaged?

Post by yinzhang »

I think that using left hand to do things is really cool! many of my teachers and friends are left-handed. I like that.
There was a period of time when I practised writing in my left hand, but I just couldn't make it, hehe.
lyphan

Re:

Post by lyphan »

UFO wrote:
keeper wrote:i heard that left-hand people is more clever than right-hand people,is that true?
not clever but creative
That is right.
Napoleon is left-handed.
In my opinion, left-handed people have some more advantages.
It is clear that mobile phone be popular nowadays. Each person has at least one. Scientists have shown that your brain is affected more when you use your right ear to make a phone call. It is simply to see that the left-handed people usually use their left ear, not the right one.
coolg

Re:

Post by coolg »

Shazzam wrote:I have noticed that most people that are right handed have neater hand writting :? . I think in some instances too because of the universal way that writing books are made it is easy for them to smudge their work. What do you think? :idea:
It might be possible, but refering to my right hand writing, it is not neat at all {-;
And it became worse and worse since I'm used to typing on my keyboard {-:
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

My son is ambidextrous. We have always thought that's an advantage. But my aunt, when she was young, her parents tied his left hand so could not use it. A barbaric thing.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

I dont personally dont think so it makes any difference whether you are right hinded or left hinded or if there is any magneficence to be right handed. However in an article I have read that the right handed live 9 years more than as compare to the left handed people, :!!: Though I dont think so it can have any reality. :-?
elwishthree

Post by elwishthree »

Some of these disadvantages can, in some cases, be related to future healthcare issues and access. According to a 2009 study published in Demography, left hand dominant children are liable not to perform as well academically as their right handed peers.
Garyjohnson

Post by Garyjohnson »

I used to hate writing for many reasons - with this being near the top of the list. Thanks to computers, my hands stay ink free! So glad I almost never need to use a pen anymore!
alfredwilliam

Post by alfredwilliam »

This.

When I write with a hard lead pencil, I end up getting graphite smudged all over my hands.

Also, sometimes it's super uncomfortable writing on paper that's attached to a binder. My hands get blocked by the rings when I try writing.
Dexif

Post by Dexif »

I'm left-handed and I never felt disadvantages and never thought about it before I saw this topic.
dhinvid

Post by dhinvid »

Some studies show that left-handed people showed an imbalance in processing emotions with their left and right hemispheres of their brain. Left-handed people have a higher risk of brain disorders like schizophrenia, dyslexia or hyperactivity disorders.
juliet

Re:

Post by juliet »

Yen wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:05 pm I think the teachers forced students use right-hand, it have a reason. The materials, sissors, tables, book make for the people who use the right-hand. So, it is very unconvience to use left-hand. That's why the teacher forced students use their right-hand when they are kid.
While it's true that many materials and tools are designed for right-handed use, it's important to respect an individual's natural handedness and not force them to switch hands. It's important to provide equal opportunities and resources for both right and left-handed individuals, and not to discriminate against those who use their left hand.
jimmymokdad

Post by jimmymokdad »

Dexif wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:15 am I'm left-handed and I never felt disadvantages and never thought about it before I saw this topic.
One of my friend is extremely intelligent always helped me with exams he is left handed.
Having conversations with Foreigners On WhatsApp GB is a great way to improve your english {-:
captaincringe

Post by captaincringe »

jimmymokdad wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:05 am
Dexif wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:15 am I'm left-handed and I never felt disadvantages and never thought about it before I saw this topic.
One of my friend is extremely intelligent always helped me with exams he is left handed.
I am also a left-handed person. Also, I got many good compliments on this. One of them I listed too much is "Left-handers are very sharp and clever persons". I didn't believe this ever but this is the compliment that I heard frequently in my life.
Captain Cringe Is Left Hander.
Mr Greg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mr Greg »

Left-handed people actually have a huge advantage when it comes to sports like tennis.

When playing against somebody, you would normally assume that they are right side dominate so you will always aim for the weaker side that is the left.
angelaalex

Post by angelaalex »

Left-handed individuals aren't inherently disadvantaged; rather, they navigate a predominantly right-handed world. Embracing and accommodating diverse needs fosters inclusive. While some tools and setups favor right-handedness, societal awareness and adjustments can ensure equitable opportunities for everyone, regardless of their dominant hand.