To turn email notifications ON or OFF go to [Username] > User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit notification options

"Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm

Post by ahmads » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:24 am

Actualy this topic is very long to read,, but it is very interesting.
I think it is very bad idea if man marries man or women marries woman:
I won't talk about religion because there are many people who you can not convince them by religion .
so ..
I think this action is OPPOSITE the nature.
we have a question now?
Why do humans marry?
The main reason is :
SAVE HUMAN RACE FROM extinction
and If all women marry women .
and men marry men . we will get a disaster
and this action increases day after day everywhere.
but If you talk about religion mmmm I'll tell you guys that the history return itself

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:04 pm

ahmads wrote: I think this action is OPPOSITE the nature.
we have a question now?
Why do humans marry?
The main reason is :
SAVE HUMAN RACE FROM extinction
and If all women marry women .
and men marry men . we will get a disaster
and this action increases day after day everywhere.
but If you talk about religion mmmm I'll tell you guys that the history return itself
This reason is invalid. The whole population won't turn homosexuals that is something I know for sure. Some people are straight, some are gays, and some are bisexuals. Why would everyone turn gay if homsexual people could get married? I know gay people. I like them. I think they should deserve to be heard. However, it doesn't mean I will turn gay.

User avatar
CravinFood
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:04 pm

Post by CravinFood » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:41 pm

we have a question now?
Why do humans marry?
The main reason is :
SAVE HUMAN RACE FROM extinction
and If all women marry women .
and men marry men . we will get a disaster
and this action increases day after day everywhere.
but If you talk about religion mmmm I'll tell you guys that the history return itself
[/quote]

Is this the only reason humans get married.... ??? They just want to reproduce n keep the human race going???? I dont think so... I married someone because I loved him... I am not ready to have kids yet but even when I do have em I wouldnt do it for the sole purpose of saving the human race from extinction...
Now lets assume, if gay/lesbian marriages are legalized, would you all of a sudden stop loving your partner of opposite sex now? Are you suggesting that law controls our emotions and feelings and that once legal system says its OK for us to get married to the person of same sex, we might just do it..... thats absurd !!!!

ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm

Post by ahmads » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:21 pm

LennyeTran wrote: This reason is invalid. The whole population won't turn homosexuals
good points.
First of all : Certainly the whole population won't turn homosexuals, and do you decide if something is a problem or not by this way?
and you can not wait a problem till erupt , then you try to solve it.
Some people are straight
SEcond of all: For what?
When we see car racing we say: this contestant is
in the road so he is a straight , and this contestant is out of the road so he isn't straight..
so in this example we use the street like a rule to decide if someone is a straight or not.
so.. you said some people are straight !!!can you explain straight for what ? straight on _______!

ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm

Post by ahmads » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:28 pm

CravinFood wrote:
Is this the only reason humans get married.... ??? They just want to reproduce n keep the human race going???? I dont think so... I married someone because I loved him... I am not ready to have kids yet but even when I do have em I wouldnt do it for the sole purpose of saving the human race from extinction...
Now lets assume, if gay/lesbian marriages are legalized, would you all of a sudden stop loving your partner of opposite sex now? Are you suggesting that law controls our emotions and feelings and that once legal system says its OK for us to get married to the person of same sex, we might just do it..... thats absurd !!!!
I didn't say the only reason ,I said the main reason ...and I colored main word by red ,,because I know I will received a question about this word!
And when I said main I think it means that there are another reasons,
But maybe they are less important than the reason I mentioned .
certainly I'll marry a girl who I love . and she'll marry me because she loves me.
and sex is a INSTINCT ,But the question is ?
Are there any rules to carry out this instinct?
and from where we can bring those rules!!!????

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:58 pm

ahmads wrote:
good points.
First of all : Certainly the whole population won't turn homosexuals, and do you decide if something is a problem or not by this way?
and you can not wait a problem till erupt , then you try to solve it.
Read that bold part a hundred times for me. Write it down a hundred times for me. Think about it a hundred times for me. When you've finished doing all these things, then you'll understand your question given to me.

The whole population won't turn homsexuals, you've agreed with me. There will be heteros, homsexuals, and bisexuals. If the whole population CERTAINLY won't turn gays, then what is your point saying that human race will be extinct? Why is it a problem?
ahmads wrote:
Some people are straight
SEcond of all: For what?
When we see car racing we say: this contestant is
in the road so he is a straight , and this contestant is out of the road so he isn't straight..
so in this example we use the street like a rule to decide if someone is a straight or not.
so.. you said some people are straight !!!can you explain straight for what ? straight on _______!
Straight= hetero. Gay, queer, fag, etc= homosexual. Got it? Are you straight? And what do you mean by for what? Why are you straight? Because everyone around you is straight and you can't be gay is that what you're telling me? :?

Profsegarra
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:15 pm

Same sex marriage

Post by Profsegarra » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:23 pm

I believe that everyone has the right to do whatever makes them happy :lol:

Profsegarra
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:15 pm

same sex

Post by Profsegarra » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:28 pm

I don't know what to say....

User avatar
Laxuan
Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:49 am

Post by Laxuan » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:00 pm

I think marriage between same sex people should be allowed in all country.when we love someone, we want to talk to them all the day and care for them so why don't we give a gay/lesbian sympathy.
I agree with Profsegarra, let them do what they feel happy about.I want to tell you that because my most closely friend is a gay, he doesnt want to play or talk with any girls.when his parents found out that, they felt offended and didnt think that he's their son any more.Now his friends hate him and I'm also embarassed to meet him but day by day he look more fainted and poor.therefore, I decide to come to meet him and encourage him in order to help him to pass through the sorrow.Afterthat, he try his best to look after homeless children, old people, orphans, etc.finallly, I hope all of you can sympathize with homosexuals
Best wishes to you

kathymimi
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:18 am

Post by kathymimi » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:56 am

Why not?

in my opinion, to marry whom is just part of human rights.
each one has his own rights to choose who he loves and who he would like to spend all his life with.

laws usually forbid abnormal marriages such as, a male marries more than one female at the same time or, a female marries more than one male at the same time. but laws do not forbid marraige between two people who are in same sex, such bans are not written in terms, also there are not terms of permission.

but, if there is true love between gays, why do we others forbid it? such relationships are nothing different from those relationships between men and women. they are same. for people who are in love with each other, sex is really not the point they care.

julka
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:03 am

Post by julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:18 am

hi everybody.
marriages between pipl of the same sex is smth rather new in the world. And there will always be thousands of different opinions: some1 saying oh ~, how is it possible, why does our government allows these marriages; some1 says ok it's up to them, why not; and the religious point of view will always be NO. There will be falways pro and con. If you wanna know my opinion, I'am not against, and I'm not 100% for these mattiages. I'll explain why: to me it seem very uncommon. but from the other hand I can understand those pipl (same sex couples) - they do not like people of the opposite sex. In some cases it is because of nature, in others smth else. So what of that? WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE THEM. ONLY GOD IS THEIR GUDGE. if they are happy with each other, why not. Though frankly speaking when i saw Elton Jonh and his fiance wedding, i was touched. That was so lovely, and the same time a bit funny. Two guys, and they are husband and WHO?????
Life is a strange thing, you know.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:23 am

julka wrote: Though frankly speaking when i saw Elton Jonh and his fiance wedding, i was touched. That was so lovely, and the same time a bit funny. Two guys, and they are husband and WHO?????
Life is a strange thing, you know.
I believe one is less feminine than the other. Or you can put it as less gay :lol: :lol: . That one is the bride. Heh heh heh heh...

julka
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:03 am

Post by julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:27 am

you know some weeks ago, there was kind of a discussion in our country. I'll explain. Gays and lesbians wanted to make a gay parade (like those in other european countries). BUT: our government and church forbided them to engage in this kind of things. I guess that is right cuz our pipl didn't get used to such kind of feasts.Though there're lot of gays in our show business, in our government, schools and wherever :wink:

julka
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:03 am

Post by julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:30 am

[quote="LennyeTran"][quote="julka"] That one is the bride. Heh heh heh heh...
Sounds funny. HE IS A BRIDE. Isn't it? :) where our world goes??? what will be next??? :?

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:38 am

julka wrote:you know some weeks ago, there was kind of a discussion in our country. I'll explain. Gays and lesbians wanted to make a gay parade (like those in other european countries). BUT: our government and church forbided them to engage in this kind of things. I guess that is right cuz our pipl didn't get used to such kind of feasts.Though there're lot of gays in our show business, in our government, schools and wherever :wink:
Awwww... what a pity! If you had been to any gay parade, then you would have known how fun it would be. My aunt and uncle from Vietnam came to the States to visit us last year were so amazed with the San Francisco gay parade.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:41 am

julka wrote: Sounds funny. HE IS A BRIDE. Isn't it? :) where our world goes??? what will be next??? :?
I don't know which one is the bride, but we had our discussion in Current News and I remember saying the thin man was the bride. "Gotta watch my girly figure, my dear" :lol: :lol:

julka
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:03 am

Post by julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:55 am

Yeah, i have not been to gay parades, but have seen different gay shows in clubs. That was really fascinating, i must say, and really beautiful. I like gays cuz they are different from other guys (i mean their gestures, habits, manners) and i really think they are sweet and lovely :wink:

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:59 am

julka wrote:Yeah, i have not been to gay parades, but have seen different gay shows in clubs. That was really fascinating, i must say, and really beautiful. I like gays cuz they are different from other guys (i mean their gestures, habits, manners) and i really think they are sweet and lovely :wink:
The only thing that pisses me off is when gay guys are hot and good-looking. I mean, can they at least be bi and not completely gay?

julka
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:03 am

Post by julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:17 am

Good question. But i think if he is gay, then he is every inch a gay. that's life buddy. If I'm natural, tham I'm natural to the marrow of my bones.

julka
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:03 am

Post by julka » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:22 am

bis and gays are different. a complete gay will not be interested in ladies, like a usuaul guy can't be interested in a man, cuz he feels disgust even at the thought.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:31 am

julka wrote:Good question. But i think if he is gay, then he is every inch a gay. that's life buddy. If I'm natural, tham I'm natural to the marrow of my bones.
Uh huh.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:32 am

julka wrote:bis and gays are different. a complete gay will not be interested in ladies, like a usuaul guy can't be interested in a man, cuz he feels disgust even at the thought.
I knew that. That's why I said I hoped he was at least bi and not completely gay, for he would date women if he was a bi.

mseko
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:14 am

Post by mseko » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:18 am

Do we really want to regulate love? Why do we want to try to stop people from making loving committments to one another?

User avatar
Boris
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:13 pm

Post by Boris » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:26 pm

For my opinion the most dangerous thing in this field is that they want to foster baby. I think that it’s impossible to grown up to absolutely normal human is such medium.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:13 pm

Boris wrote:For my opinion the most dangerous thing in this field is that they want to foster baby. I think that it’s impossible to grown up to absolutely normal human is such medium.
Is this your theory or you indeed have proofs?

User avatar
Boris
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:13 pm

Post by Boris » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:45 pm

It’s my opinion and making an experiment in this area is equal to breaking someone life.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:06 pm

Boris wrote:It’s my opinion and making an experiment in this area is equal to breaking someone life.
Whose life? You mean the life of a little child who could finally have a home coming from a homosexual couple or what?

User avatar
Boris
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:13 pm

Post by Boris » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:12 pm

Yes I think about child.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:22 pm

Boris wrote:Yes I think about child.
If you did think about the child, then you would know what every child needed was a home. A home! Not just a home of straight people or gay people. Just a home! And if any adult could give an orphan a home, we should embrace that idea. You or social psychologists have no proofs that a child would turn gay if he/she lives with homosexual parents. Just because you have your hypothetical ideas of this you would throw away a thought that a child would finally have a home?!?!?!??! If this is just, I would rather be gay to not belong in the same group.

User avatar
Boris
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:13 pm

Post by Boris » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:50 pm

First of all I know that parents are most important examples for every child. You right I haven’t any proofs but you haven’t it too. And sometime it’s better to live without any home then have many serious problems during all life. Do you ready to take this responsibility?

User avatar
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other

Post by Tora » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:25 pm

Boris wrote:First of all I know that parents are most important examples for every child. You right I haven’t any proofs but you haven’t it too. And sometime it’s better to live without any home then have many serious problems during all life. Do you ready to take this responsibility?
may i join your passionate conversation?

Boris, you can't judge as far as you were an orphan and were involved in all this kind of struggle. otherwise it's impossible to speak about! Every child needs a home, and this is something i share with Lennye! Sure, for my own child i would like her or him (or them :roll: ) to be straight, otherwise i'll take it for granted, i mean their being different... The family means too much for a child and it does't matter wether parents are gay, lesbian or orthodox christians... the only thing that is obligatory is their loving care to the child! :!:

mseko
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:14 am

Post by mseko » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:43 pm

Do we want all seven billion people in the world to be "absolutely normal"? What is that? I think that so many different people with different languages and different cultures doing what is necessary to live peacefully together is most important. Children can be taught -- and can teach. Love them and learn from them. Anyone can do that.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:11 am

Tora wrote:
Boris wrote:First of all I know that parents are most important examples for every child. You right I haven’t any proofs but you haven’t it too. And sometime it’s better to live without any home then have many serious problems during all life. Do you ready to take this responsibility?
may i join your passionate conversation?

Boris, you can't judge as far as you were an orphan and were involved in all this kind of struggle. otherwise it's impossible to speak about! Every child needs a home, and this is something i share with Lennye! Sure, for my own child i would like her or him (or them :roll: ) to be straight, otherwise i'll take it for granted, i mean their being different... The family means too much for a child and it does't matter wether parents are gay, lesbian or orthodox christians... the only thing that is obligatory is their loving care to the child! :!:
I totally agree with your words, Tora. And boris, if you said I had no proofs that living with homosexual parents would not damage a child's life, then you also had no proofs that living with heterosexual parents would not damage a child's life. We both have no proofs about such thing; therefore, we must talk about humanity here, a belief in mankind.

Your hypothetical idea is biased and prejuded. Just because the parents were straight, they'd capable of raising a child better than a homosexual? What about straight parents who raise their children to be prejudiced towards homosexuals? What's your say about those parents? What about parents who raise their children to look at people based on their skin, race, ethnicity, etc? What's your say about those parents? And what about straight parents who molest their children?

You look at homosexuals who would like to adopt an orphan as homosexuals and not as human beings. And because you look at them that way, you directly shut your eyes turning away from the fact that a child might have a good home. That child might live with people who actually open their arms to take him in and raise him well. Those people would take care of babies that 'straight' people didn't want in the first place.

Kassem
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:51 am

Marriages between people of the same gender.

Post by Kassem » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:21 am

Think outside the box. Can anybody discuss connecting a positive side with another positive side rather than a negative one for an electrical current? Connecting the same sides is a grave mistake. From this point of view, it is illogical to discuss a question like this. Simply because there are phenomenons in this world that we are not allowed to interfere in.

moerdijk
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:27 pm

Post by moerdijk » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:47 pm

It isn't normal at all that homosexual people live together and adopt children. What a waste of time to talking about, we all know that homosexuals are very very out of mind, having sex with your own gender is absolutely crazy! I vomit off it!

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:51 pm

moerdijk wrote:It isn't normal at all that homosexual people live together and adopt children. What a waste of time to talking about, we all know that homosexuals are very very out of mind, having sex with your own gender is absolutely crazy! I vomit off it!
How sane are you? :roll:

User avatar
Boris
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:13 pm

Post by Boris » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:03 am

Lenny
You make a strange issue.
I absolutely agree with you when you speak about this such terrible thinks “throw their babies in the garbage, kill them to get insurance money, force them to work in brothels, train them to become con artists, etc”. But if adopting kids by homo couple will be legalize it’s don’t solve this problem, it’s only can bring new.
I don’t want to enlarge among of homosexuals (Do you?) because I sure that such relationship is illness, illness of brain, illness of society.
I respect private of everyone. Everyone can love and have sex with hi want. But I don’t want this population make influence for kids, and society. And I don’t understand what proof do you asked. Maybe you want to make such experiment and bear responsibility for results. And another question, do you want to ask orphan if they want such parents?

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:43 pm

Boris wrote: Lenny
You make a strange issue.
I absolutely agree with you when you speak about this such terrible thinks “throw their babies in the garbage, kill them to get insurance money, force them to work in brothels, train them to become con artists, etc”. But if adopting kids by homo couple will be legalize it’s don’t solve this problem, it’s only can bring new.
Bring new what? :?
Boris wrote:I don’t want to enlarge among of homosexuals (Do you?) because I sure that such relationship is illness, illness of brain, illness of society.
I've said in previous page that homosexuality is within ourselves. It's something we're born with, and it's not something we choose. If you're born as a homo, you will end up being a homo. You can or cannot show it depends on the situation and society. This is sad that people can't even be themselves because there are people who think they're being different is sick. You need to be open-minded that people are born with something different than yours are not sickos. Is this how you treat people who different than you? If this is how you treat homosexuals, I wonder how you would treat people who in special classes and so forth.... :roll:

Boris wrote:I respect private of everyone. Everyone can love and have sex with hi want. But I don’t want this population make influence for kids, and society. And I don’t understand what proof do you asked. Maybe you want to make such experiment and bear responsibility for results. And another question, do you want to ask orphan if they want such parents?
The influence we're talking about here is love. Love anyone who is different or similar. No separation between whom and whom we should not love. Tight yourself in your own pool is what Hitler did. He selected his own group and tried to eliminated people who were different: Jews, homosexuals, mentals, old people, etc.

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:49 am

Boris wrote:And another question, do you want to ask orphan if they want such parents?
All those kids want and need is a family, no matter the sex of the parents as long as love is involved! As long as the child is loved and raised in a happy environment, what does it matter if their family is formed by a man and a woman, two men, two women, etc.? There can be many, many kinds of families.

Do you have any idea what kind of childhood orphan children have? I'm sure you wouldn't like that for any kid. Nobody would. The more couples who want to adopt, the better, for me. Why do you think it wrong to have two dads or two moms? What do you think will happen to the child?

User avatar
Cucumber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:14 pm

Post by Cucumber » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:09 pm

Dixie wrote:
Boris wrote:And another question, do you want to ask orphan if they want such parents?
All those kids want and need is a family, no matter the sex of the parents as long as love is involved! As long as the child is loved and raised in a happy environment, what does it matter if their family is formed by a man and a woman, two men, two women, etc.? There can be many, many kinds of families.

Do you have any idea what kind of childhood orphan children have? I'm sure you wouldn't like that for any kid. Nobody would. The more couples who want to adopt, the better, for me. Why do you think it wrong to have two dads or two moms? What do you think will happen to the child?
Well, i agree that doesn't matter for child, two moms or two dads. But only while child is the litlle one and has no experience. But what will be later?

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:24 am

Cucumber wrote: Well, i agree that doesn't matter for child, two moms or two dads. But only while child is the litlle one and has no experience. But what will be later?
What will be later what? I don't get your question to her... The future of the kid? The behavior? Personality? Perspective views? Or what? :?

User avatar
Cucumber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:14 pm

Post by Cucumber » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:09 am

LennyeTran wrote:
Cucumber wrote: Well, i agree that doesn't matter for child, two moms or two dads. But only while child is the litlle one and has no experience. But what will be later?
What will be later what? I don't get your question to her... The future of the kid? The behavior? Personality? Perspective views? Or what? :?
Did you have two moms or one? Did you have two dads as the parents? Have you ever asked them about your parentage? I think that no.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:57 am

Cucumber wrote: Did you have two moms or one? Did you have two dads as the parents? Have you ever asked them about your parentage? I think that no.
My mom is a single mother. I don't live with my dad. Although he does come to visit us, like once a year :roll: , I don't talk to him. Personally speaking, I wouldn't care if I had two moms or two dads as long as I had a home. Right now, I have a home; my mom has done a good job raising us. Therefore, I don't need my dad in my life. He was being selfish to step out of our lives, so I don't feel sorry for him if he thinks he's missed out anything. I am fine with my mom, but sometimes I get annoyed when people try to kiss or hug their dads in front of me. It's like, "geezzz, how nice of you, just rubbing it in my face that I have never done that with my dad?!?!?!??!"

Imagine, I, who have a home seldom feel left out when people discuss the dad-daughter thing in front of me, what about kids who have no dad and mom? What do you think how they would feel? This is why I said kids need a home. Just a home! Why do you think we still have orphans when every straight people could adopt? It's because straight people prefer to have kids of their own. This is a human's nature; we prefer offsprings carrying our blood and genes. They adopt kids when they can't have kids at all, they want more kids because they can't have kids anymore, or they are like Angelina Jolie. However, how many straight people are like Angelina Jolie? We can't afford to adopt and have kids of our own. It's just too much. And this is why there are many kids out there are orphans.

Think of the number that homosexuals could adopt. More kids would have a home. More kids would be raised with love and care. More kids would not be bitter because they have no dad and mom. And why would a homosexual couple want to adopt kids just to raise them gay? If you were born straight, you would end up being straight; you'd prefer someone whom you think attracts you.

tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm

Post by tikay » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:34 am

Laxuan wrote:I think marriage between same sex people should be allowed in all country.when we love someone, we want to talk to them all the day and care for them so why don't we give a gay/lesbian sympathy.
I agree with Profsegarra, let them do what they feel happy about.I want to tell you that because my most closely friend is a gay, he doesnt want to play or talk with any girls.when his parents found out that, they felt offended and didnt think that he's their son any more.Now his friends hate him and I'm also embarassed to meet him but day by day he look more fainted and poor.therefore, I decide to come to meet him and encourage him in order to help him to pass through the sorrow.Afterthat, he try his best to look after homeless children, old people, orphans, etc.finallly, I hope all of you can sympathize with homosexuals
Best wishes to you


Thank you for sharing that about your friend...these stigmas are the exact reason we are to get past prejudice in all its myriad fo forms//the exclusion from ones very own family is just so wrong to me and the society is far too much condoning these sorts of things/ behavoirs. If a child is born they should be loved... if a person exists they should be accepted for who they are and treated with respect. When a son or daughter of the earth is rejected by their loved ones for any reason something is amiss....and society suffers. We're all made to pay by the certain derangement that exists when a whole culture makes a man feel rejected. A broad example would be those who are inclined to crimes by this phenomenon and by those who take that further to murderous tendencies and sexual predator natures.
Now please do not misunderstand...I am merely saying that criminals are also rejected by societies, and that leads to the current situation... criminals who are jailed to learn more crimes...removed from society they do not recover and rejected as flawed they do not seem to be offered a new life option once time is served. this leads to more criminal tendencies...rehabilitation is not opted for because it is ususlly not really offered. a criminal has a hard time changing because he was not offered room to grow during the punishment phase...it is merely a time out to think about what you have done....some of them never learn to think logically. they cannot return to society again as solid citizens...they are forever branded.
do you think that a terrible thing is not happening then when based on only one aspect of a human in all their complex nature
(when a person is so rejected by the members of their clan) in a similar fashion, do you think they are able to thrive and contribute to society in the same way effectively and with a passion for living? i think they are being strangled by the non acceptance and I abhor it. Because it makes no sense. Why try to make devients of the healthy citizen over a sexual preferance. It is ridiculous but so common. I will fight about it for my human cousin until I am on my deathbed and no one will have to ever listen again.
I am happy you chose to be a real friend to your friend and not so closed minded and common.
Tell them I will continue to make sense of things for them... or in their sted , hopefully, bringing people to the light of truth.

All the best !

tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 312
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm

Post by tikay » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:15 am

mseko wrote:Do we really want to regulate love? Why do we want to try to stop people from making loving committments to one another?

Hi! :D
welcome here and thank you for your simple and beautiful statement/point... it is clear and open. You are kind.

User avatar
Cucumber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:14 pm

Post by Cucumber » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:42 am

And why would a homosexual couple want to adopt kids just to raise them gay? If you were born straight, you would end up being straight; you'd prefer someone whom you think attracts you.

This is not necessarily that these shildren will raise as gays. Not, of course. Perhaps that majority of them will be happy in his new family. I say that they will live not only in the family. There is society including kid-garden, scool, yard and etc. too. You now, shildren is very cruel. A child with deflections is object of ridicule, but two moms or dads is nonsens for children growing in the traditional families. Emagine, what "happy childhood" wait gay's children outsaid his family?

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:43 am

Cucumber wrote: This is not necessarily that these shildren will raise as gays. Not, of course. Perhaps that majority of them will be happy in his new family. I say that they will live not only in the family. There is society including kid-garden, scool, yard and etc. too. You now, shildren is very cruel. A child with deflections is object of ridicule, but two moms or dads is nonsens for children growing in the traditional families. Emagine, what "happy childhood" wait gay's children outsaid his family?
:? And? Kids can be so cruel, we say. They make fun of everything because they're kids. Even if you were born in a happy family with a mom and a dad, they'd still find something to make fun of you. So, why is it too cruel for one being made fun of having two moms or dads compared to other cases? It is never nice being made fun of no matter what it is about.

If a child grew up hating the moms/dads because they were made fun of having two moms or dads, I don't think they would deserve to feel sorry for. We sometimes feel embarrassed by our parents' actions. Have you ever once in your life thought in your head, "Gosh, mom/dad, you're embarrassing me in front of my friends"???? I believe most of us would have that feeling once in our lives, but it doesn't mean we don't love our parents. We do love them. And it's the same for kids who have homosexual parents. Thus, this is why it's good for orphan kids to have a home. Just a home! When they feel embarrassed by their parents and still love them, don't you see what it means? It means they finally have the feelings most regular kids have; they're no longer orphans.

User avatar
Cucumber
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:14 pm

Post by Cucumber » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:49 pm

You say about relationship only in one direction; parents to kids. But there is other directions: kids to parents, kids to kids and parents to parents, lastly. This is a very intricate area of people's life. Unfortunatelly, kids can't choose the parents for themself, they can't take part in our disput either . If you'll ask three-years orphan, would he have one, two' or three moms or dads, most likely he'll answer "Yes, with great joy!". During he is growing he always is at variance with the traditional conception of family. He is styduing anatomy at scool and he sees that a man is bored with woman and man, his friends say him that they have mom and dad but only home his parents try to explane to him that " there is not so easy, our life has got some exceptions to the rule". Finally he'll get full comlect of inferiority complexes. I agree that there is many other reasons to be made fun for children. His parents are poor, or they are drunkards, kid have no new bicycle as they have and many other things. But this all is inside of area of "traditional psychology", where "white is white, dad sleeps with mom, grandpa and grandma live a lot of years together" This is kid's world. In other cases we are egoists are knowing only about ourself. If homosexual couple love kids so hard, let they visit children's home, let they bestow charity on orphans and do other actions such as this.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:01 pm

Yes, we can't choose our parents and we have to love them no matter how they are. It goes the same way for adopted kids. You think of the kids' feelings when they grow up seeing that they only have two moms or two dads, but have you ever seen that they would get used to having two moms or two dads? Have you ever seen they would love them no matter they're gays or not. The relationship between kids and parents are built specially on love, the love that nothing could destroy. I don't find myself love my dad as much as like other kids do, but no one can come to me and talk nonsense stuff about him. It's the last string of love and respect I have for him. Same thing for orphan kids who have homosexual parents. They might judge their parents and they might not. Either way it's not a big deal. It's what kids do. Like parents who wish about having other kids in front of us or their friends as a joke, we sometimes would say, "oh gosh, I wish your mom/dad was mine." But when it comes to trading, would you trade your parents for better ones? Of course not. Well, I can't speak for all, but for me, no way. I love my parents.

You see, what kids need is having parents, a home, a love, a feeling of not being neglected. If you care too much for the aftermath when the big chance nothing like what you think would happen, then you would literally abandon the kids from the home and the love they deserve to have. You're doing the same thing their biological parents did to them.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:13 pm

Cucumber wrote:You say about relationship only in one direction; parents to kids. But there is other directions: kids to parents, kids to kids and parents to parents, lastly.
I did say about the relaitonship between parents and kids.

If a child grew up hating the moms/dads because they were made fun of having two moms or dads, I don't think they would deserve to feel sorry for. We sometimes feel embarrassed by our parents' actions. Have you ever once in your life thought in your head, "Gosh, mom/dad, you're embarrassing me in front of my friends"???? I believe most of us would have that feeling once in our lives, but it doesn't mean we don't love our parents. We do love them.

To be honest, I don't really care about the relationship between kids to kids or parents to parents here. Kids always make fun of other kids, so it's not new to me. Bullies can sense their preys a mile away. Thus, it's not about having homosexual parents is a problem or not; it's all about standing up for yourself and be yourself in every situation. You never get anywhere if you're a pushover. How do you know a child from homosexual couples can't stand up for himself and fight back?

And parents to parents, why is it so special for the kids here? Seriously, would you wanna hang out with a kid whose parents judge your parents? If you loved that kid, but your parents forbid you to hang out with that kid because he had homosexual parents what would you do? Serectly hanging out with him or stop hanging out with him? And how would he feel? Sad? Of course, you were his friend. But he would definitely choose his parents over you if he had to. Anyway, personally, I wouldn't like my kids to hang out with kids whose parents forbid them to hang out with certain group of people. It's bad parenting, and they don't see it.

Post Reply