"Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

krozmar

Re: "Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Post by krozmar »

I think that marriage between people of the same sex should be allowed. If two people love each other we do not change this. Even if you do not accept their love does not cease to exist. We can only help people love this.
StoKin

Post by StoKin »

In my point of view marriages between people of the same sex should not be allowed. I think that because it is disgusting when i see two people of the same sex who are holding hands or kissing each other. When a pair of these people want a child this is incorrect because the child can not have two moms or two fathers.
Elisa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elisa »

The Bible says homosexuality is wrong and it also says homosexuality is a sin.

The Bible also says that we have to love our neighbor so.....?

I don't like seeing people of the same sex kissing each other, I find it so unnatural and I cannot think to a family composed of two men or two women but, as Papa Francesco always says: Who am I to judge the others?
jamsmith

Post by jamsmith »

First of all i want to know the origin of same sex concept.Where did it come from ??? Is that God creation or the part of mental retardation of a human being. If is really God creation then i think it must be legalized because in that particular case one who is involved in same sex is completely innocent, what he can do if God has made him or her this way. If it is 2nd case then i think we should work upon it ,People involved in same sex must be considered as mentally retarded and he must be given treatment to improve on it
adgodoy

Post by adgodoy »

I think that we can't discriminate about how we love. So if we have clear this right, it's obvious that people with the same sex can get married.
I grow up with a family that teached me what's wrong and what's good, in that way they teached me that people of the same sex can't get married because that isn't naturally, why people who love people of the same sex are not natural? Well, in the same way, black people can't have rights. That's a thinking about hundred years ago. Homosexual people born like that and black people too. So because people who don't continues stupid rules and "natural" stereotypes of the society have fewer rights? I don't think so.
sylvia

Post by sylvia »

Because it was illegal when I was growing up why am I now expected to accept it? For 50 years of my life these people have been shunned prosecuted, put in prison etc., and now we are expected to accept them with open arms...Sorry no can do.

I do however think if people want to be gay (queers in my day) thats ok as long as they do not flaunt it, and it stays behind closed doors, but marry, no way as marriage is a union between a man and a woman normally to have children.
zareen

Post by zareen »

According to my view , it must not b legalized . It is opposite of natural & religious rules & morality .
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

:roll: religion, status, social, political clashes...
nicbase

Post by nicbase »

It's hard to say, I have never talked about it, but I think that maragies between same sex people should be permitted, because everybody can unthertake different decision about his own life. It is personal issue how everybody create his life. I consider homosexuality it's a kind of mental disorder which is hard to cure. More over it isn't considered as a sin. So the sofiety should be tolerant.
alicpryl

Post by alicpryl »

In my opinion marriages between people of the same sex should be prohibited. It isn't normal that people of the same sex be family. Normal family contains of wife, husband and children. Men and men or woman and woman can't have children and it is against nature. In any living species animals of the same sex can't create relationship. I also think that marriages between people of the same sex are a product of the modern world.
kruwik

Post by kruwik »

In my opinion, marriages between the same sex shouldn't be permitted. I don't have got anything versus this kind of relationships, but they cannot have got any of children, so they cannot make a really family. Nowadays are more a couple of the same sex than 20 or 30 years ago. But I don't think it is a good idea that this kind of marriages should be permitted.
Lucywa

Post by Lucywa »

I think that "marriages" between people of the same sex can't be permitted because it isn't normal. Love is diffrent but when man and man want to have children and be family - it isn't working. In my opinion only woman and man should have a law to get married. This relationship is natural and natura has created them to do this.
natalianowak

Post by natalianowak »

I think, that marriages between people of the same sex shouldn't be permitted, because I suppose that it isn't normal. Love between man and woman is perfect love, because of this relationships can be children. But on the other hand I don't against gays, but In my opinion they shouldn't take care of children. Nowadays are more a couple of the same sex, but I think, that this is only new trend, because people want to be original. It is very important at present
aladrelich

Post by aladrelich »

I thinkt that marriages between people of the same sex should be permitted, because love is love. Themost important is that they are in love and respect each other! Also they can be family to. Thankts to that abandoned children have a family! That is the most important! That they don't have to grow up in foster family or in family where they don'y be loved. In fact it is not our business who men or woman love! Their life not ours!
wiktoriasz

Post by wiktoriasz »

It's a hard and one of the most important question in recent years which have a lot of issue to consider. I'm tolerant person who follow the rule which is about to live own life and let the other part of world do the same. I think that homosexuals have the same law to love and show their happiness like a heterosexual couples. In conclusion marriages between people of the same sex should be legalized. They are just like we with the same bodies, brains, jobs, dreams and hearts full of feelings. Love knows no boundaries. And homosexuals should have no problems to get married.
OskiDz

Post by OskiDz »

I think that a marriage between persons of the same sex should be prohibited. Personally, I think that homosexual couples have become a fashion in the 21st century, and there isn't a defect. What is more I am a believer and I believe that God didn't create us so as to connect with people of the same sex, on the contrary.
klamolga

Post by klamolga »

I think that marriage between people the same sex should be permitted. I don't mind it. Love is love and it isn't important between who. Everyone has a right to live in their own way. I can't understand people, who is against homosexual marriage. They don't have any rational argument, which convinces me to their opinion.
kowalskidzik

Post by kowalskidzik »

Definitely not. I am opposed to same-sex unions. How do they imagine their children's future? It should be banned. Just married man-women should be. It disgust me.
dębskidzik

Post by dębskidzik »

I am tolerant but traditional person. For me marriages between people of the same sex shouldn't be allowed. It's scary for me when two men are kissing each other. But i think that they can exist in peace and calm in their houses and i don't have probem with that .
KubaKoi

Post by KubaKoi »

In my opinion marriages between people of the same sex should'nt be permitted. It isn't normal, and if that marriages will be permitted, children will think this is normal, and we will have more marries between people of the same sex. I don't say they can't love each other. They can and I don't have anything against it, but marriage of two men or women isn't normal and it shouldn't be permitted.
OlaaMej

Post by OlaaMej »

Defenitely : YES. Why do heterosexual people should have more rights? We are all people. We should have the same rights to happiness. I really don't understend all this hatred for gays and lesbians. It's none of our buisness how they love, if they are happy. We should take care of our lives and stop interfere in their lives. :)
justynasta

Post by justynasta »

At bottom it doesn't interest me and I don't have opinion at this topic. Let them do what they want. I think that there are more important points to discuss for example the hunger on the world.
agatawerecka

Post by agatawerecka »

As far as im concerned i don't care about it. I'm a tolerant person, I guess every man is the architekt of his own fortune. If someone actions have nothing in common with my life, let him do what he wants.
I am neither for nor against.
MajaPu

Post by MajaPu »

I have no opinion on this topic. We should let everyone love who they want, not who we want:) Same like justynasta, i think there are more important things in life than this, like what should I wear 2morrow, ech...
Adifanstal

Post by Adifanstal »

It can't exist. It's unnatural and don't have any sense. They couldn't have children. What's more, if they adopt child, what he can say in school, when teacher ask for your mother name? My mum name is John...
People don't have to be tolerant. If some media "force" us to be tolerant for homos why they aren't tolerant for us untolerant ;)
NaKuzajewska

Post by NaKuzajewska »

It is a hard question for me, because on the one hand the also are people, so they should do with their life what they want. But on the other hand if they colud have a weeding, they probably would like to adopt children and I can't imagine a little kid, who has two fathers or two mothers.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

not needed. {-: they r so free...
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

:shock: Is that possible?! :shock:
annmadej

Post by annmadej »

I thing that every person should be able to live in my own way, I think that such marriages should be allowed.
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

annmadej wrote: every person should be able to live in my own way
...Judges had to thing it over twice and scratch their bald spots assiduously...
Taking into account the significance of the arguments, Holly Inquisition re-considered the matter once again, and announced them, lost souls, innocent! Since the moment they are allowed doing their lewdness here and there every now and then. Ahem!
SOATOAVINA

Post by SOATOAVINA »

IT IS A COMMON AND WIDELY KNOWN PRACTICE IN RICH COUNTRIES TO DIVORCE AFTER SOME YEARS OF MARRIAGE. NOW, HOMOSEXUAL PEOPLE WANT TO MARRY.

One thing is clear in this situation. They want to promote and defend their new situation. However, instead of just defending themselves, they prefer to attack by claiming their right to marry, and not just to marry, but to marry at church. The best defence is attack.

Homosexual are called Sodomite in the christian bible and the kuran. It has never been natural to have sex with someone of the same genre than oneself apart from the big and lustful city of Sodom and Gomorrah. So, the question is: is our country becoming Sodom2 and Gomorrah2?
OskiDz

Post by OskiDz »

I beg, just not this question.. Sorry, I'm intolerant. Let people do what they want but not before my eyes.
Basharuae

Post by Basharuae »

GOD created ADAM and EVE not ADAM and STEVE, (no offense to anyone with the name Steve)

There is nothing called marriage of the same sex rather than sex between the same sex.

Because Logically, Historically, religiously, ethically...etc, marriage has consequences which do not exist when 2 of the same sex are together.

Marriage at least has husband (male) and wife (female).
so, how would the case be same sex.
theguest

Post by theguest »

First of all, i have to say that i don't believe in gods or any supernatural entity. Ok now about the topic, i think marriages between homosexual shouldn't be allowed for several reasons: 1) I know this could be seen stupid, but in my opinion, homosexuality in general is a disease, a genetic defect that shouldn't be powered. 2) The marriage, by the definition, is the union between man and woman, if it's man-man, woman-woman, it can't be called marriage anymore. 3) Children. Think about them, and the moral and social "repercussions" that they will have.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: "Marriage" between people of the same sex?

Post by Krisi »

This very question was raised by a correspondent during an interview to a boxing champion in my country which led to several outbursts from much of the society over the course of two weeks. When the boxer was asked if he supported same sex marriage he responded that he was not, stating that it was not supported in the Christian bible then proceeded to quote some lines from the holy book that directly opposed homosexuality. Subsequently one offended actor reacted to the champion's response in a harsh manner calling the boxer a "false prophet" resulting in his suspension from work.

In my opinion, the amount of negative attention that this incident attracted was entirely unnecessary, as the boxer was just honestly answering the question presented to him in the interview and his answer was not a direct strike towards the LGBT community rather it was his own take on this topic. The freedom of expression entitles anyone to his/her own opinion. What the boxer had quoted (from the bible) is true therefore, he should not in any case or condition be labelled as a false prophet. One does not have to be a prophet to quote any verse from the bible because the bible is for the guidance of all Christians.
Is it possible that the offended actor just didn't know the correct meaning of the word 'prophet'
leking

Post by leking »

The government, federal or state, has no business in defining what a marriage is or is not.

It's only concern should be identifying those who wish to establish themselves as a family household for the purposes of financial, medical, child guardianship matters.

Marriage was established as a religious sacrament long before the US or state governments were formed.

Government by dictating what is and is not a marriage, has established itself as the religious authority on the matter. This clearly violates our first amendment rights : "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion".

Do not let the federal or state governments dictate what a marriage is. That is the right of the people to decide for themselves.

If a group of individuals want to establish themselves as a family household, then the governments should legally recognize that and equally apply the laws to all households when it comes to taxes, inheritance, insurance and any other financial, medical, and child guardianship matters.

Leave it to people to call themselves married, unioned, joined, or what ever else their religion or philosophy calls it.

Marriage will continue to be an issue as long as the government stays in the religion business despite anything the Supreme Court rules on the matter.
jawad

Post by jawad »

never,its against the nature.the one who created everything,created opposite sex for each other.have you ever seen a female dog doing sex with a a female dog
Alisafdar

Re: Marriage of the same sex

Post by Alisafdar »

I think no God created pairs of everything, it's almost against the nature, however it is also scientifically proved unsafe.
chanhxinh

Post by chanhxinh »

I do think that marriage is a kind of commitment of love. For that, it does not relate to one's gender.

Legelization between pp of the same sex therefore should be conducted to ensure the equality