"Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

cmcole wrote: So in closing my 2 baht worth of thoughts, Love knows no boundaries! Only adult humans make them! Even children do not see them until adults teach them how to see prejudice. We as teachers have an obligation to teach all aspects and then let our students make up their own minds. Afterall, they really are our future, and they aren't stupid.
100% agree :!: I loved that.
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

IMHO WE ARE HUMAN/ANIMAL...depends upon the actions which catagory you fit best within.
For instance:
Serial murderer=Animal
Concious Person=Human

this is what i see :)
tikay
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by tikay »

WOW I was just reading about marriage last night and i have something to input to you dear new member...
This is a book i have studied for a long time that i was reading and it was brought to my attention again most recently:
Paper 82
The evolution of marriage.
Marriage - mating - grows out of bisexuality. Marriage is man's reactional adjustment to such bisexuality, while the family life is the sum total resulting from all such evolutionary and adaptative adjustments. Marriage is enduring; it is not inherent in biologic evolution, but it is the basis of all social evolution, and is therefore certain of continued existance in some form. Marriage has given mankind the home, and the home is the crowning glory of the whole long and arduous evolutionary struggle.
While religious, social and educational institutions are all essential to the survival of the cultural civilization, the family is the master civilizer. A child learns most of the essentials of his life from his family and the neighbors.
The humans of olden times did not possess a very rich social civilization but such as they had they faithfully and effectively passed on to the next generation. And you should recognise that most of these civilazations of the past continued to evolve with a bare minimum of institutional influences because the home was effectively functioning. Today the human races posess a rich social, and cultural heritage and it should be wisely and effectively passed on to succeeding generations. The family as an educational institution must be maintained.

Now this is just the beginning of a long a windy trail of thought on the institution of marriage so i will leave this for all to ponder and i am off to sleep... for I have stayed up long past my normal, early 12 or 1 o' clock bedtime.
Be well and if you like that check out: The Urantia Book, sometimes, perhaps. This book, it is amazing to me.
nighty night :wink:
shoulders are crying...
samento

Post by samento »

In my opinion, I think what are the effects of this. What is the word we should think seriously. Becuase if we think about moral or religious, represent "what," our view or answer is based on our religious and may be not accept this idea. And we can go beyond this what. But if we think about freedom or human right, our answer is yes. We should legislate for this marriage, for these people. After we think of "what" in vary aspects, then we will consider whether this marriage is suitable.
Do you agree with me? If it's not necessary to have only one answer, the answer's always yes for the question (I mean it should "marriages" between people of the same sex be permitted.)
So I agree that it should have the law for this marriage. Even though I have many disageement.
PARTYLAND

Post by PARTYLAND »

my standpoint is person have the right to be a gay,for law,it should not be prohibited,and should not be permit legally
zaman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by zaman »

hello friends
until now I can insisting my opinion it is forbidden ,if anyone read any holys books he will find this easily , anyhow i am really happy cause in my country that is unlegal, I thank
ALLAh for that .
TURKOGLU

Re: "Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Post by TURKOGLU »

TP wrote:Should "marriages" between people of the same sex be permitted?
To me, it must not be allowed as some of the friends in the thread have mentioned the reasons..and in a simple way I want to take the mathematical concern into consideration and the world consists of male and female ones in more or less equal rates so the order is or must be our priority and for the sake of the order of the world it sould not be allowed..as also it can create a potential homosexual population in the world especially among the youngs and teen as they have tendency to any interesting or eccentric phenomena..

for now these are sufficent I think..
meo

Post by meo »

my god ,what are you talking about?
Nawas

Post by Nawas »

The god distingush the people from another creature by brain and we by thinking in the marriage between the same sex should be legal,we will be less than animal.
ask your self what is the results of this weird marriage???
Is it healthy and ethical??
In my opinion it is very dirty things.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Nawas wrote:The god distingush the people from another creature by brain and we by thinking in the marriage between the same sex should be legal,we will be less than animal.
Are you saying that animals have no brain? And humans are not animals?
Jaime

Post by Jaime »

Nawas wrote:The god distingush the people from another creature by brain and we by thinking in the marriage between the same sex should be legal,we will be less than animal.
One of the differences between "people" and "animals" is that "animals" don't know what "dirty" really means. And when you say "less than animal" I found you quite offensive. By the way, have you ever been into an orgy making love with women and men all mixed together. Me neither, but I think it more "human" than just having intercourse to procreate, like every "animal" always does.
GJG

Post by GJG »

it is not acceptable, otherwise, there will be no more human being.
some people want to do it, that is ok, but I believe most people do not like it. :evil:
jeffcox
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jeffcox »

I have some gay friends. They are more 'human' than the majority of heterosexuals I've met. They make better friends, are more sensitive, more critical thinking, more tollerant to differences and therefore have less -isms, and they are really happy people. This is what I have noticed.

Marriage is a social concept and homosexuality has existed since the beginning of humanity. Such activity in animals shows that it is a natural phenomenon and not social. This means, to me, that most people who are against such same-sex marriages are unable to see beyond their own social or religious education and prejudices to see what is more 'human'. Try reading the Cavern metaphor by Plato.

What exactly is a marriage? A union between a man and a woman? If that is all it is, there is no need to get married, just live together. Is it a promise between two people to live together in love and respect? If so, then two people can do that, whatever their sexual preference.

For me, marriage is a state of harmony between two people; full of love, respect, understanding and tollerance. I find that homosexuals usually have these qualities in abundance.
mali
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mali »

It is not good because marriage is the other topic you can not say these type of sex marriage
HI, I AM M. ALI, 30 YEARS OLD, HOLDING MASTER AND LLB DEGREE, WORKING AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION, VISITED AROUND 25 COUNTRIES. LOOKING GOOD FRIEND
snowecho

Post by snowecho »

oh no.It can't be legal. if two girls married there are too many boys will be single
mali
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mali »

snowecho wrote:oh no.It can't be legal. if two girls married there are too many boys will be single
correct
HI, I AM M. ALI, 30 YEARS OLD, HOLDING MASTER AND LLB DEGREE, WORKING AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION, VISITED AROUND 25 COUNTRIES. LOOKING GOOD FRIEND
Rach
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rach »

GJG wrote:it is not acceptable, otherwise, there will be no more human being.
There are actually over 6 billion human beings on this planet, the possibility of extinction because of homosexuality is most unlikely.

Marriage probably means to a lot of people something completely different, in my country a lot of young couples don't want to get married because it means nothing to them. They say, they don't need any religious nor governmental approvement for their love. It's their decision to live like that.

On the other hand, for a lot of other people marriage is a very precious thing which they want to share with that special someone they love. It's their decision, too, and isn't it kind of a natural human right to live the way we want to live? How can any state or religion dare to say what person we should love and how we should pass our lifes together with them? It's the private issue of two human beings which way of living they choose for themselves.
tmnscc

Post by tmnscc »

In my opinion,it should be permited because Law and we can not ban ''Love''. We usually say that '' love is no frontier''. So I think it is no sex discrimination in love. The Law can ban ''marriage'' but ''love'' between sex diffrences, therefore no need to ban. All gays have right to enjoy their owned happiness by get married with their lover. We will be selfish if approving any law on ban. We can not ban only because we have our owned husbands who are sex different. Please put yourself under their situation. We also can not accept or agree a marriage with a partner who we don't love and can live with them in the remaining life.
Alfabeto

Post by Alfabeto »

First, marriage is not "natural", it is cultural. Animals don't get married. We are a special kind of animal because there is no "human nature" apart from culture and history. The problem is that there have been many ideas in different cultures about what marriage is for or should be for. In some cultures polygamy is OK. In others it is an abomination. The reasons for marrying another person have also changed over the centuries and vary across cultural boundaries. So nobody can say that one type of marriage is or has always been "the natural one". So far I agree with the people who have defended same-sex marriage. Their position is logically consistent, I will not deny that.
However...(here comes the other side)I think the laws of a country should be inspired by prudence rather than logic. And for many reasons I think it is not prudent to legislate more than one family model per society (homosexual marriages want to be regarded as families, not just marriages). I am not against giving same sex couples some rights, but equating them with heterosexual families is, IMHO, a mistake. In my country gay marriages have recently been legalized. It all seemed very logical at first, but now a same sex couple has filed a complaint because current laws only permit one of them to be a biological parent, and they want both to be recognized as biological parents, which is absurd. So it all starts out very logically but we end up with absurd situations.
juanalex

Get rid of the word "marriage"

Post by juanalex »

Call them civil unions instead. Whether it is a man and a woman or 2 men or 2 women. Make things level. :lol:
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Should marriages between people of the same sex be permitted?

OK, let's think. Wow, it seems that we already have sort of unions between people of the same sex. So the bottom line is that we have a wrong question. We can't permit or not permit one adult person to live and to have sex with another adult person. It's their private live, not a crime (however the same sex marriage was even prosecuted in the USSR).

So the real question is whether to acknowledge this sort of unions as legal. A few countries have alreasy admitted this type of marriages. I think that in the USA it's going to be legal in future (if I'm wrong correct me, please). It seems like a crazy idea to many Amercan people right now but it's going to be perceived differently. For example, slavery was a nutural thing in the USA back in eighteenth century, but right now it's illegal. So it's just a shift in how our mind that is required.

And finally just one more point. I want to underline that if it is legal it's not going to change our sexual preferences. It's very important. A man who is sexually aroused wnen he sees a naked woman will not feel the same towards another naked man even if the same sex unions are legal. Our own sexuality dictates that we do, not laws.
cuongviet

Post by cuongviet »

I agree with many people in the forum. It should be legal. They still live together whether the goverment allow it or not. Why don't give them oppotunities to be recognised by society. :?:
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

I just want to add couple more points to my post.

Well, there are some issues related to this questions that aren't quite obvious and some which are more or less simple.

A simple thing is rights on real estate. If a same sex couple have bought a property together they must have the same rights on this property as an ordinary couple has. I'm talking abount inheriting it and so on.

A quite complicated issue is the right to adopt children who live without parents. Personally, I'm not sure that it is a good idea to let them do this.

So probably there might be some restrictions with regard to the rights of the same sex couples. However some legal rights have to be granted them.
juanalex

Adoptive gay parents as opposed to what?

Post by juanalex »

Foster homes orphanages? I say if children don´t have a good home and there are gay parents looking for children then by all means let them adopt. There have been studies done that prove that gay parents are just as capable as a a hetero couple. There are too many children on the streets with nothing specially here in Mexico.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Adoptive gay parents as opposed to what?

Post by wllsp »

juanalex wrote:There have been studies done that prove that gay parents are just as capable as a a hetero couple.
I wonder if you could provide me with some links? And I wanna be sure these reports have not been sponsored by gay organizations.
juanalex wrote: There are too many children on the streets with nothing specially here in Mexico.
Look, it's likely to be OK in Mexico, but it might be a complicated issue in some other contries due to religion and current attitude in a society towards gays. Besides, as far as understand there is no extensive experience with regard to upbringing children in this sort of families. Am I right? At least, in Russia it's very uncommon to see it.

Finally, my point was not specifically about upbringing children by gays. It was broader. I was talking about a set of difficult problems that might or might not arise from legal acknoledging gay marriages.
vahid

Post by vahid »

hello everybody :
In my opinion this question has been answered before . if you look at animate (live stocke)in the whole world you will see just two different sex (which are opposite). what do you undrestant of this creation ? if we could marry with the same sex then god wouldnot create two genders . would he ?
waleed

Post by waleed »

ahmedtaha wrote:of coursre not ,in my own point of view i think the marrige concept is much bigger than just making sex , letus ask why people married? the answer would be :-
firstly : to reserve the humanity this a bilogical answer
secondy : to make sex
may be there is another answers but the logical question will be : what life going to be if every body married from his/her sex??
ur tottatly right about this marrige not meaning only having a sex ,
crystalfrogw

Post by crystalfrogw »

I don't understand why people of same sex love each other but i agree people should make their own choices. so if the homosexual people don't influence my life why should i mind?
javzm

Post by javzm »

Well to be honest I don´t like it, and in my opinion it is not correct, it is not how nature was create. Men are ment to be with women, but well everyone is free to do what they want to do and make any decision they want to make. :D

I would just want to ask something to the gay people, well, gay men people, How is it that with the amount of pretty ladies that we have all around the world they preffer to be with a men????? :shock:
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

javzm wrote:Well to be honest I don´t like it, and in my opinion it is not correct, it is not how nature was create. Men are ment to be with women, but well everyone is free to do what they want to do and make any decision they want to make. :D

I would just want to ask something to the gay people, well, gay men people, How is it that with the amount of pretty ladies that we have all around the world they preffer to be with a men????? :shock:

People can do anything what they wanna do.
But... doesnt mean they can break the law of nature.
Men for women, not for men or for animals.
It goes against the nature of human being.
javzm

Post by javzm »

I completly agree with you. You could not have said it better. Is the law of nature, men for women and no for men or animals (bisversa).
ahmedxzxz

May be

Post by ahmedxzxz »

I think that marriage is something that forms a relation between a man and a woman in a legal way that is acceptable by all regardless of race or sex.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: May be

Post by Dixie »

ahmedxzxz wrote:I think that marriage is something that forms a relation between a man and a woman in a legal way that is acceptable by all regardless of race or sex.
Sorry this statement is ambiguous :?
ahmedxzxz

Post by ahmedxzxz »

I mean that marriage is only between a male and a female according to their religions and talking about same sex(man to man)or(woman to woman)is totally a wrong behaviour .And is not accepted at all.We also have other backgrounds on who follow this and why?...It's a hard subject and I cannot imagine how those persons act in that way....
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

I just wanna give a concrete suggestion to all gays all over this planet.

Nobody was born as a gay.
Everybody was born either as a boy or a girl.
Then their parents named them in line with their genital. A male name for a boy babyborn and a female name for a girl babyborn. No name for a gay babyborn, because of course nobody was born as a gay.

In my opinion, there are two main factors that make somebody become a gay.

First, the environment.
Second, their choice.

Let's discuss the first main factor, the environment.
Environment has strong influence in somebody's life.
Environment can make somebody become either good or bad. It also can make somebody become a gay or not. The environment that I mean is the environment in wider scoop, including family, neighbours, friends and society. Because environment can make somebody become a gay, then it can also make somebody not become a gay.

So in short, to avoid us become a gay, just select our environment especially friends and society that we are interacting and socializing with.

Now, let's move on to the second one, the choice.
To be a gay is a choice. Not to be a gay is a choice too.
It's not a destiny. We can choose it and we can also control our choice. You can choose to be a gay or to be a normal person. So why not choose to be a normal one.

Being a gay is a choice. it's a basic human right to choose anything they want. But unfortunately, the choice to be a gay is wrong, and it absolutely goes against human nature, goes against the law of nature. What will happen in the future if men are married to men and women are married to women. What will happen to the family institution? What will happen to the society? And what will happen to the world? The answer is simple and clear, DISASTER !!! :evil: :cry:
javzm

Post by javzm »

I do agree with you, the envirment have a huge influence in how a person is going to behave and to what is that person going to react.
I would said that I don´t agree with you on the parts of the choice. Sometime is not even the person choice, what would happened if you are 4 or 5 years old and you play with your friend games that are not normal. That child will grow with that image and you know that our psycological part of the child will play a big part in his/her life. So, I would said that it is not always people choice. I am not sure if i explain my self well.
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

Environment has a very strong influence to someone. But when they are grown up, brain is very important. I mean when we are grown up enough, we can use our brain to select if something is right or wrong. We can choose to do right or wrong doings. So finally, it's up to the person to choose what he wants to do or what he wants to be. So buddy, please use your smart brain not to choose yourself to be a gay. Because if you ask your brain whether it is good or not to be a gay, then the brain will answer NO. It's no good at all.
Snowy*

Post by Snowy* »

Hi every body

I can't imagine that!!
Can any body imagine that??????
I feel so disgusting when I hear about that...

It's really a stupid Question..
But you are very smart!!
You know that subject will attract everybody...

:wink:
mita

Post by mita »

i think people live in the world just want to be happy, if they think they marry with their same sex it's make them happy, so why we judge their action. this case is just minority, the mass of people want to marry with their contrary sex, it's instinct
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

mita wrote:i think people live in the world just want to be happy, if they think they marry with their same sex it's make them happy, so why we judge their action.
My friend, life is choices. You are right buddy.
To live happily is a choice. To live unhappily is a choice too. Being a gay is a choice and not being a gay is also a choice. The question is which choice is better.

To me, there are some criteria to determine whether a choice is good or not.

First. It doesn't go against our religions.
As far as I know, no religions in this planet that allow its people to get married to the same sex. So, getting married to the same sex is not allowed by all religions.

Second. It doesn't go against the law of nature.
Getting married to the same sex is against the law of nature. Because naturally, men get married to women, women get married to men. Even animals which have no good brain as human beings never "marry" their same sex. He animals have intercourse with she animals. They never make a single mistake on this. They know exactly that he with she. There is no he with he in their dictionary. :cry:
nightwish

Post by nightwish »

We all know that this thing is not normal in our societies and not legal, but everyone of us have the choice to live his/her life as he/she wants it to be, and to do what he/she thinks that makes him/her happy and content, but not to forget that everything have limits and in order not to hurt other people.
As I can see by doing this thing no one get hurt, and it's not that big deal or problem.
So I'm not against this thing.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

:arrow: It's there life. :wink:
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

nightwish wrote:We all know that this thing is not normal in our societies and not legal, but everyone of us have the choice to live his/her life as he/she wants it to be, and to do what he/she thinks that makes him/her happy and content, but not to forget that everything have limits and in order not to hurt other people.
As I can see by doing this thing no one get hurt, and it's not that big deal or problem.
So I'm not against this thing.
krisi wrote:It's there life.
Supernaturally speaking, dear Nightwise and Krisi could get married.

Uncle Bambang supports that idea !
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

:D :arrow: Honestly, this is comical. But it's their life we're out of this.
maksoora

Must U look to the problem

Post by maksoora »

Should "marriages" between people of the same sex be permitted
I think this is madness . really it is not freedom as some said. I wonder who these people love the same sex. I believe the truth loved between two different sex. i consider such situation as a problem must all world take action coz they corrupt the legal rule.
as all said am against marrgies of the same sex

while am reading this subject raised question in my mind which is what is the main problem of marriages of the same sex?I hope all look to the problem
Thank u
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

This is also our problem.

Post by Bambang »

krisi wrote::D :arrow: Honestly, this is comical. But it's their life we're out of this.
Dear Krisi,

We're not out of this.

This is also our problem.

What would happen if 50 % of this world population got married to the same sex?

What a mess :!:
nightwish

Post by nightwish »

What a mess :!:
what kind of a mess?...

it might sounds like an unusul or an extraordinary thing. But, we can't change anyone's conceptions and perspectives, just by saying: "this thing that you do is wrong, and an illegal thing". Briefly, we can't prevent him/her of doing what makes him/her feel happy. In the end, its his/her own life we can disagree with him/her but we can't just come and prevent him/her of doing such a thing.

that's my opinion :!:
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

We need balances

Post by Bambang »

"Keep your balance or you'll fall"
Moody

Post by Moody »

First of all we need to see that word,"marriage" or "marry" originates from where? It originate from religion. And all religions unanomously describes it as spirtual binding between man and women only. And all Abrahimic religions disapprove gay or lesbian relationships or binding. So, if somebody wants to bind them self in the same sex relationship, then WHY insist on word marriage (or in other words seek religious approval)??? If you can choose to live your way, then why ask religions to change their meanings or ways according to your rules! If you have the legal right, YOU CAN MAKE A CHOICE, BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE RELIGIONS ARE ALSO LEGALLY BOUND TO CHANGE THEIR MEANINGS TOO!!
lady

Post by lady »

in my opinion think it different namely this exchangeable according to people[/u][/i]