"Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, TalkingPoint

kalery

Post by kalery » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:40 am

Why do such couple must face to the problem of children?They can live together without a child.I think Their life style may be harmful to a child. When the child grow up,he(she)may also be a Gay or a Les.

gjsgjs

Post by gjsgjs » Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:51 pm

maybe in thinking about this question, it is helpful to think: can you imagine being told, you could never find someone to love for some reason: that, you have to live alone your whole life? Or for that matter, that, yes, you can Never Ever have sex? It is very human to want to be with someone else. And, not all couples have children. Not all couples with children take care of them. Some things, people have to decide, and some things they need other people to stand up for them. There was a time, when slavery was how people believed. There is still slavery, but now usually, it is considered unjust to treat people this way. Should people be persecuted for wanting affection and companionship?

gjsgjs

two moms

Post by gjsgjs » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:01 pm

I forgot to say, my best friend had Two Moms. He now has three children, two girls from his wife's other marriage which the man was very mean to her, and a son from his wife, and he is a very very good father.

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Post by MissLT » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:02 am

cmcole wrote: This is so succinctly put, and sweet in its simplicity. 8)

As Lennye Tran has been saying throughout this discussion, as have others, we as humans want to label everything, and this can divide and separate us into limited beings, not allowing us to reach our full potential because we might believe these labels. One example is here in Thailand where people believe that if they have dark skin they are ugly and not accepted by society. They even air commericals having people get embarrassed because their skin is too dark. The result is that kids ride/walk around in 35 degree heat covered from head to toe because they are afraid they will get dark. They would rather have a heat stroke then to have people make fun of them or think they are peasants.
I know exactly what you're talking about. And the bold is so true.

cmcole wrote:So in closing my 2 baht worth of thoughts,
LOL you're funny.
cmcole wrote: Love knows no boundaries! Only adult humans make them! Even children do not see them until adults teach them how to see prejudice. We as teachers have an obligation to teach all aspects and then let our students make up their own minds. Afterall, they really are our future, and they aren't stupid.
Exactly. Small children are free of prejudice, discrimination, stereotypes and all sorts of ~. Unfortunately, they'll pick the ideas up from the grownups as they grow older.

zaman
Gold Member

Post by zaman » Wed May 03, 2006 4:59 pm

in my opinion i am still contend all what did you say it is folish we are human not animal to something such that .

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Post by Dixie » Wed May 03, 2006 8:19 pm

cmcole wrote: So in closing my 2 baht worth of thoughts, Love knows no boundaries! Only adult humans make them! Even children do not see them until adults teach them how to see prejudice. We as teachers have an obligation to teach all aspects and then let our students make up their own minds. Afterall, they really are our future, and they aren't stupid.
100% agree :!: I loved that.

tikay
Gold Member

Post by tikay » Wed May 03, 2006 8:26 pm

IMHO WE ARE HUMAN/ANIMAL...depends upon the actions which catagory you fit best within.
For instance:
Serial murderer=Animal
Concious Person=Human

this is what i see :)

tikay
Gold Member

Post by tikay » Thu May 04, 2006 10:10 am

WOW I was just reading about marriage last night and i have something to input to you dear new member...
This is a book i have studied for a long time that i was reading and it was brought to my attention again most recently:
Paper 82
The evolution of marriage.
Marriage - mating - grows out of bisexuality. Marriage is man's reactional adjustment to such bisexuality, while the family life is the sum total resulting from all such evolutionary and adaptative adjustments. Marriage is enduring; it is not inherent in biologic evolution, but it is the basis of all social evolution, and is therefore certain of continued existance in some form. Marriage has given mankind the home, and the home is the crowning glory of the whole long and arduous evolutionary struggle.
While religious, social and educational institutions are all essential to the survival of the cultural civilization, the family is the master civilizer. A child learns most of the essentials of his life from his family and the neighbors.
The humans of olden times did not possess a very rich social civilization but such as they had they faithfully and effectively passed on to the next generation. And you should recognise that most of these civilazations of the past continued to evolve with a bare minimum of institutional influences because the home was effectively functioning. Today the human races posess a rich social, and cultural heritage and it should be wisely and effectively passed on to succeeding generations. The family as an educational institution must be maintained.

Now this is just the beginning of a long a windy trail of thought on the institution of marriage so i will leave this for all to ponder and i am off to sleep... for I have stayed up long past my normal, early 12 or 1 o' clock bedtime.
Be well and if you like that check out: The Urantia Book, sometimes, perhaps. This book, it is amazing to me.
nighty night :wink:
shoulders are crying...

samento

Post by samento » Wed May 10, 2006 5:36 am

In my opinion, I think what are the effects of this. What is the word we should think seriously. Becuase if we think about moral or religious, represent "what," our view or answer is based on our religious and may be not accept this idea. And we can go beyond this what. But if we think about freedom or human right, our answer is yes. We should legislate for this marriage, for these people. After we think of "what" in vary aspects, then we will consider whether this marriage is suitable.
Do you agree with me? If it's not necessary to have only one answer, the answer's always yes for the question (I mean it should "marriages" between people of the same sex be permitted.)
So I agree that it should have the law for this marriage. Even though I have many disageement.

PARTYLAND

Post by PARTYLAND » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:50 pm

my standpoint is person have the right to be a gay,for law,it should not be prohibited,and should not be permit legally