Only some countries should develop nuclear potential.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Only some countries should develop nuclear potential.

Post by TalkingPoint »

Only some countries should be allowed to develop their nuclear potential.

What do you think?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Are we talking about nuclear weapons or about producing energy on nuclear power plants?

Of course, it's quite reasonable to take steps in order to prevent new countries from getting nuclear bombs and missiles capable of delivering them. Especially as such states often have disputes with other ones and just want to be more prepared for a possible war.

Building nuclear powerhouses must not be a problem if there is no doubt about the purpose of a country. Nonetheless, it is necessary to remember the tradgedy of Chernobyl power plant and build very reliable power stations.
Lac

Nuclear potential

Post by Lac »

If a country could be allowed to produce nuclear potential, it would be easy for it to expand its overwhelming power over other countries. Some nations that have right to expand nuclear power equally claim themselves to get privilege against all other nations. That's an unjustice in something called politic strategy.
The matter is how to use a nuclear potential in a right scientific way for the benefit of human kind, not for devious and envious targets. That claims an overall control to master completely not only nuclear power but also biochemical means.
nokeby

Post by nokeby »

Who can judge if a country is allowed to get the nuclear power?

Even if a country have rights reasons to obtain this power, i want to say right in order to develop it, i have never seen a country that have already the nuclear power to help another to develop it.

Perharps there isn't a country with goods intentions and without the nuclear power today ?
But when i see all neclear submarines neglected in russia or certains method of reprocessing in countries i asked me who can forbide this process at other government ?
MooNboy
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by MooNboy »

nokeby wrote:Who can judge if a country is allowed to get the nuclear power?
Agreed. Who judges?
Iran and the USA. Which seems dangerous?To me, both.
The USA and North Korea.Which seems dangerous? To me, both.
Turkey and Italy.Which seems dangerous? To me, both.
Turkey and Italy, which needs the energy?Both.
So who will decide?
Everybody has right to do what he needs. So, Turkey,the USA, Greece, France....Iran, Israel, Lubanen....Korea...All have right to develop nuclear plants and provide energy.
BUT none of them has right to develop the bomb.If one developed, the others gain the right to develop it.

I mean, if one needs something, the others may need it too.
If one has the right, the others have the right.
hung

Post by hung »

The question here is how to use and control nuclear power. It is obviously good if governments use nuclear power for energy purpose. And we also should not blame some nations for developing nuclear weapons if they have righteous reasons such as defending humanlity against destroying dangers (e.g. Invasions of aliens, meteorites bumping on our Earth ...) :P
cuongviet

Nuclear

Post by cuongviet »

Excuse me!!! I don't understand who have the rights to allow whether a country should develop nuclear potential or not. If they are some powerful countries who have already had this kind of technology. It is unfair.
But I support the idea only using nuclear potential to benefit the lives of human beings, to create energy, not using it as a kind of weapon. :oops:
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Nuclear

Post by wllsp »

cuongviet wrote:I don't understand who have the rights to allow whether a country should develop nuclear potential or not. If they are some powerful countries who have already had this kind of technology. It is unfair.
OK, let's take a closer look at one of tense situations. So North Korea is developing its nuclear bomb and its missiles. Who are against it? USA, South Korea, Japan and China are. Two of them have nuclear bombs and the others don't.

Is it unfair for them to critisize N. Korea for doing it? Don't think so. Certainly, they care about own interests but it's absolutely fair for Japan and South Korea to do it because N. Korea is powerful and somewhat agressive. Personally I wouldn't also like an idea to have a neighbour who is often sort of unpredicatable and who is going to buy a gun.
cuongviet wrote: But I support the idea only using nuclear potential to benefit the lives of human beings, to create energy, not using it as a kind of weapon. :oops:
As far as I know Vietnam doesn't have sort of bad neighbours at the moment. So, yes, there is no point in developing its own nuclear capabilities.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

MooNboy wrote:
nokeby wrote:Who can judge if a country is allowed to get the nuclear power?
Agreed. Who judges?
Iran and the USA. Which seems dangerous?To me, both.
The USA and North Korea.Which seems dangerous? To me, both.
Turkey and Italy.Which seems dangerous? To me, both.
OK, I understand your point about USA and Iran. But, what's wrong with Italy? Why it is so dangertous? Could you tell me?
`aFiFah

Post by `aFiFah »

for me,each country in this world has the right to develop their potential in neuclear power .as long as they care about the welfare of all people in this world,for me its not a big problem :D
AYBAYRAKTAR
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by AYBAYRAKTAR »

"The one who has the power has all the rights."

It shouldn't be so but it is..

Look at the media, what do you see globally? A country says the other one "You have nuclear power, I will fight with you." But the attacker also has the same power, may be more than it.. Although it is thousands of kilometres far away from that country..

This regym will be collapsed one day.. And that is is not far..
ghadeer

Post by ghadeer »

I think all countries have the right to have nuclear wepons that because some countries have them and they are giving themselves the right to interfer in peoples affair because they have the power. So all countries have the right to improve nuclear weapon to defend their freedom and dependence from others.we must be fair
crystalfrogw

It is unfair!!!!!!!

Post by crystalfrogw »

All countries should be banned to develope massive killing nuclear weapons....... but on the other side if the nuclear is used on peace for example to save a nation's natural resources or reduce pollution, every country has the eaqual right............

Nowadays some countries such as north korea and Iran are developing their nuclear weapons because they know without strong weapons they can't protect themselves from the treates of the United states and the alliances of the United states.

In fact it is the united states and its alliances that own the strongest unclear weapons!!!!!!!!!! They don't have the right to decide which country has the right which country doesn't have............
:P
Boris

Post by Boris »

Nuclear weapon is a guarantee of stability in the world. U.S. had never attacked Iraq if they would have had a nuclear weapon. The same situation was between U.S. and Soviet Russia during Cold war.
crystalfrogw

Post by crystalfrogw »

Nuclear weapon is not a guarantee of stability in the world, in my opinion, it destorys world peace.
stabilty sould be guranteed by reasonal and fair rules and self-descipline of people. Although i know my idea is utopian ,unrealistic and childish but the peace won't come until a fair and rational systems are set up......
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

I think the only country that has right to develope nuclear weapons is The USA. Because it's a police country. Other countries ? No way !!!
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

No country has the right to develope nuclear weapons but the USA. Is somebody with me ?
jeffatbohui

Post by jeffatbohui »

Nuclear weapons are just a thread to this planet. If nuclear weapons are used in this planet, it will be a disaster to the people living in this world. So it is no use and not necessary for every country to own nuclear weapons.
But it is unfair to the countries that don’t own nuclear weapons. Some countries that own nuclear weapons always try to control other countries. In my opinion, we need a treaty to solve this unfair problem. :wink:
In the treaty, we need to keep balance between those countries that already have nuclear weapons. These nuclear weapon countries must promise they will never use nuclear weapons unless they are attacked by nuclear weapons. These nuclear weapon countries must also promise they will never try to control other countries unless they find some countries are producing new nuclear weapons.
According to this thinking, the United States needs to apologize to the IRAQ because finally the US army hasn’t find anything relating to the nuclear weapons in IRAQ. I think the US need also compensate the damages that has been caused by this unfair war. :cry:
Anyway, let us forget the stupid nuclear weapons and focus on how to make our planet more beautiful and comfortable.
:shock:
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

I don't think that The USA should apologize to Iraq. They were sure that Iraq has dangerous weapons that can kill thousands and even millions of innocenct people. And they did it based on the intelligence study, not prejudice. So, what should be apologized for ???

Then, The USA needs nuclear weapons to police this world. This world needs peace and orderness. And The USA can make it as the world police. And one of the things they have to own is nuclear weapons. By having them other countries will think twice to do stupid things in this planet.
jeffatbohui

Post by jeffatbohui »

bambang wrote:I don't think that The USA should apologize to Iraq. They were sure that Iraq has dangerous weapons that can kill thousands and even millions of innocenct people. And they did it based on the intelligence study, not prejudice. So, what should be apologized for ???
Then, The USA needs nuclear weapons to police this world. This world needs peace and orderness. And The USA can make it as the world police. And one of the things they have to own is nuclear weapons. By having them other countries will think twice to do stupid things in this planet.
The intelligence is proved completely wrong! There's no evidence to show that Iraq has dangerous weapons. These intelligence might be faked by somebody!

I agree that this world needs orderness and the USA is powerful enough to be a police, But Can't you see what a mess in Iraq right now? If a police commit some follish thing, he or she should be punished or laid off temporarily! :evil:
Laxuan

Post by Laxuan »

How can usa become the world police as many people don't support usa policies? As you see, usa appears to be in favour of running our world by using sophisticated weapons such as nuclear weapons.
Therefore, they don't want any other countries to own nuclear weapons or even set up nuclear factories to produce energy.
Usa use the United Nation as a way to force these countries to stop their nuclear projects.
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

My friend, let's wait patiently. Someday the USA will find the nuclear isntallations in Iraq.

My friend, you should have known the situstion in Iraq. It's really complicated. Can you imagine how worse the situation would be If there were no American troops there. How much more blood would be poured ???
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

My friend. I think your prejudice on the USA is too much. Let's think more positively. If we can see something in a positive way, then we’ll get something positive too.

And I don't think that the USA can control the UN. There a lot of countries there. And it's not that easy for the USA to control all of them. Do you think that the other countries are too stupid to be fooled by the USA. Dou you think ?
dalal

Post by dalal »

i think we need nuclear power to serve humanity not to destroy it ,so we can judge on this issue according to the intents of the countries
Moody

Post by Moody »

I think USA should only have the right of nuclear technology/weapons. With its Army bases in 130 countries of the world out of total 190 approxi. only for the SELF DEFENCE.(Their pro-active approach given new meanings to self defence- Accept or Die!)
And since they are always right what so ever, who ever NEEDED TO BE NUCKED IN FUTURE.eg.,Iran or get died or destroyed in what ever numbers in their way of DEMOCRATIC justice. Even the term "Concious" has new meaning in US DEMOCRATIC WAYS. Through out in there history US Govt. is always engaged in their DEMOCRATIC WAR against raging terrorists of the world .In USA books,they have earned the right to police the world IN PROTECTING THEIR DEMOCRATIC INTERESTS and inslave who ever they want economically or politically.
Being a Super Race we should hail USA against its DEMOCRATIC acheivements in all other effected poor countries of the world.
I think after so much of b.l.o.o.d.y histroy we should change the word DEMOCRACY with WARRIORS AGAINST TERRORISM WHO LOVES WAR.
Last edited by Moody on Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
sure

Re: Only some countries should develop nuclear potential.

Post by sure »

TalkingPoint wrote:Only some countries should be allowed to develop their nuclear potential.

What do you think?

hmm... if this is the case then WHICH... and... WHY?
tranquill

Post by tranquill »

Israeli analyst suggests turning nuclear Iran against Egypt.
He argues that Shia dominance is prefereable to the Sunni's.
See this: http://samsonblinded.org/blog/use-iran- ... -egypt.htm
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re:

Post by sweethuman »

`aFiFah wrote:for me,each country in this world has the right to develop their potential in neuclear power .as long as they care about the welfare of all people in this world,for me its not a big problem :D
Very well said. :-)
DaviBrons

Re: Only some countries should develop nuclear potential.

Post by DaviBrons »

Only some countries should develop their nuclear capabilities for several reasons. Firstly, the uncontrolled development of the nuclear industry (especially in third world countries) threatens with man-made disasters (do not forget about Chernobyl). Secondly, if a country has resources for the development of nuclear energy, then there will be resources for the production of nuclear weapons - and this is fraught with nuclear war! :evil:
If we are talking specifically about nuclear weapons, then I think there is no point in explaining why their uncontrolled production and use is dangerous for the whole world. Take North Korea, which in 2004 agreed to freeze its nuclear program (in 2005 it received permission to build nuclear power plants, but not weapons), but nevertheless conducted at least 6 nuclear weapons tests after that. North Korea keeps the whole world in a state of permanent tension. Now imagine if there are dozens of such countries?
Last edited by DaviBrons on Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaviBrons

Re:

Post by DaviBrons »

`aFiFah wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:56 am for me,each country in this world has the right to develop their potential in neuclear power .as long as they care about the welfare of all people in this world,for me its not a big problem :D
But can you be sure that they always will care about it?