What makes people do so much shopping these days?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

simo

Re: What makes people do so much shopping these days?

Post by simo »

According to me, people do a lot of shopping (buying things that aren't necessery at all) because it's a way of trying to get satisfation, apart from their income.
Nowadays people are more and more busy and stressed, and their relationships with others more and more frail and superficial, so they need something that can fulfil their "empty" lives and shopping does this, it makes you feel better (even though for a little).
Moreover, other main reasons that lead to unnecessary shopping are: fashion and advertaising.
Advertising pushes people to need useless things or clothes that not even fit them just because is what the current fashion calls "must have".
As well as this, better life conditions, spreading of cheaper shops, online shops and credit cars make it very easy and within (almost) everybody reach.
hilaryprk

Post by hilaryprk »

Actually I would love to hear words about this issue from people living in other countries besides Korea since Suth Korea is emerging as one of the most "luxury friendly" places in the world as country's growing wealth mixes with arising tide of shopping-minded tourists as various survey shows.

Additionally, a deep tradition of craft-oriented trades in the country has created a respect for very fine products. Also, media reveals the results of the survey that there's many consumers felt a difference in luxury goods from other products in many ways.

So luxury retailers in Sounth Korea drew tourist shoppers from Japan and China in huge numbers during the past year, when the Korean won was sharply lower against other major currencies.

With this atmostphere, people are getting more into buying luxury goods and peopl who are not buying any luxury goods almost feel outcast in the nation.

What do you think about this trend? How is your country? Share some words with us.

Hope to hear from you soon.
tandvictor

Post by tandvictor »

Haha new year is coming and me too!!!:))
wojcieszek

Post by wojcieszek »

In my opinion many people buy different things from boredom and too much money in your wallet. They buy more and more things that others drew attention to them. Fewer and fewer are those people who go to the store just something you currently need.
mcIlob

Post by mcIlob »

According to me, people do a lot of shopping because there are different discounts and bargains in every place where you can buy something. It cause that people buy some things and usually these are things which they do not need, but they bought it because it was at a good price. Moreover one of crowd-puller is an offer/promotion when you can buy 3 things and pay just for 2 or something similar, then people look for this third one to get discount.
People too often do shopping impulsively...
lesoli

Post by lesoli »

In my opinion people go shopping becouse now there are a lot of beautiful things. On tv there are colorful advertisement which say: you have to have it! From time to time there are sales where you can buy cheaper things which you don't need but you buy it becouse they can be useful in the future.
Klaudyna

Post by Klaudyna »

In my point of view people do so much shopping in these days because they want to have everything that they enjoyed. What is more when we go to the shop we sometimes fall for the promotions which in the fact are not very different from the initial price. And last but not least nowadays in every city there are a lot of billboards which encourage young people to buy things which they do not need.
rokwysocka

Post by rokwysocka »

In my mind everything nowadays is more available and everywhere is a lot of shops. We see tousands of advertisment every day. It makes that we become addicted to do shopping, even we are not aware.
RogelikIID

Post by RogelikIID »

In my point of view people do so much shopping these days becouse as time goes on phylosophe of life were changed nowadays more important is what we have not who we are. Thats why people spending most their time in shops. They want show that they are important and others have to reckon with them.
alexandra

Post by alexandra »

Nowadays, people shopping a lot, because they earn more money and they want spend it. In shopping malls are a lot articles. In shops are discounts. People can buy more things for less prices. Moreover they could spend nice time on shopping and f.e. meet with friends.
dariakur

Post by dariakur »

People in modern day forgot what it means to fix something. We dont fix nothing, when something is broken we just throw it and we buy new one. On the other hand we always want to have better and better things in house also when we already have similar one. It is pressure of society to have the best stuff not only good for you.
Milllkaaaa

Post by Milllkaaaa »

Nowadays, we can found everythink in shops. It isn't a problem to buy. In shops, are a lot of products, which are colorfully, in beutyful wrap. We sometimes buy something because it look nice. Shopping is a hobby for many people. It is way to spend free time. If we want to have something, we buy it. Customers buy, buy , buy , even when they don't need to buy. It is on of many civilisation diseases.
aliani

Post by aliani »

In my country people wants to buy something that they don't need.Just because of other's idea!really It is like envy!
Sometimes I see some people who can't afford buy somethings, but they do ! Just for preventing of bad visions. Because if they don't have as same as others, It means that they can't.Just a lack of self confidence!
HappyMommy

Post by HappyMommy »

Loneliness, that's what makes people do so much shopping. Many people are lonely, shopping makes them happy :)
tweetycuty

Post by tweetycuty »

People earns lot of money and life style also gets changed. People likes to spend lot of time in shopping itself and nowadays a number of big shopping malls opened . Every one prefers to shop in those malls because every thing we need will be available there. The maintenance of the shops attractive packing also let the customers to buy certain product.
jamsmith

Post by jamsmith »

I believe that people now a days are trying their level best to improve their living standard and shopping might be the part of that. Moreover, shopping resources are increasing day by day for e.g online shopping now has become the trade .People are more likely to move on online shopping .Stuff are also getting very affordable. Every one, be it poor or rich one can afford the things because everything is available according to your need for e.g if a poor guy can not afford a big pack of dove shampoo he can go for small pouch which is rather cheap and affordable