Does magic really exist?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Of course Magic exists. I´m froma magic country, plenty of rituals and holly traditions. You should visit some towns here where holly men could return the health to people very sick, include with AIDS, and they get healthy again, But there is a condition: People musto to belive. And there is very very difficult people belive in that kind of things.
Maybe anyone could say "Yes I belive", but this is only an external expression, but into the aim nobody "belive", and then magic is impossible.
! :( !
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

iamvitaly wrote:
bambang wrote:How about voodoo?
Yeah, I read something about it, it's strange. In Kazakhstan we have our own healers... Last spring i traveled to Alma-Aty by train and behind me sat a woman with loud ill baby.. It was terrible, baby was louder and louder.. After some time I saw a man dressed in our national clothes, he wents to loud babe and began praying... After some time babe stoped loud. And after I didn't heard it... We call that mans 'shaman'...

Maybe that shaman whispered to the baby : "If you didn't stop crying I would circumsize you right here right now"
ahmedshaima

Post by ahmedshaima »

I don't believe in Magic even a bit ... :!:

it is merely a name that is really exist but not the act it self.... anyhow, maybe you will see someone achieving what they call Magic, but believe me when i say it is because of his quick-movements an that's all... :wink:
sure

Post by sure »

I don't know if magic really exist.
The word magic for me is like a figurative expression because all the events/phenomena, beliefs, practices, existence of natural forces, etc., that transcend the understanding of humane beings are all categorized or labelled as "MAGIC".
And it sounds poetical sometimes.
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Does magic really exist?

Post by Annaa »

I don`t belive in magic.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
angeleyez
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by angeleyez »

yes.. I believe in magic.. and i have seen many magics.. and they all are real..
Please... Correct me if I have a spelling mistake !
topcat

Post by topcat »

of course if you are on drugs,,,, i love mushrooms,, and the weed :twisted:
Julia

Post by Julia »

about this question: Does magic really exist?

i hope so^_^
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

topcat wrote:of course if you are on drugs,,,, i love mushrooms,, and the weed :twisted:
Cool.
We're all friends, right?
Samirhukil

Post by Samirhukil »

MAgic is there - I have seen it work. Both Black magic and white magic are real...very, very REAL.

Those of you who say no there is no magic I can prove it to you. Even through this medium (no pun intended)
akdomida

Post by akdomida »

no, never exist, this is a ture world, just believe the science.
after watching so many TV shows, you should know that our
world has so magic.it is right?
www.gmallguide.com
nessma

Post by nessma »

of course , there are magic in our world , but not as we see it films & actions
i think they use it now a days against the psychologic Situation to the person , so u can see many people who suffer from magic are patient without any health proplem & doctors can't give accurate diaganosis to their cases .
GaryLight

Post by GaryLight »

I think the most part of magic in the world are not true, that’s all about trick and camouflage. The magician needs to use some knack to show a magic, or uses some stage property to assist his show. Maybe, the magic really exist in somewhere of the world, who knows? Or who can prove? I don’t think so.
GaryLight

Post by GaryLight »

The magic is a power that we can’t explain I think the most part of magic in the world are not true, that’s all about trick and camouflage. The magician needs to use some knack to show a magic, or uses some stage properties to assist his show. Maybe, the magic really exists in somewhere of the world. Who can prove? I don’t think so. In a word, although we can’t see the real magic in our life, I think the magic really exists.
Planta

Post by Planta »

Well I believe that supernatural phenomena are explained by human will (mental power if you prefer) altering reality a bit; the more minds joined in the same belief, the more likely the expected phenomenon becomes; people would then be affected if they tuned into a specific "belief vibe".
That would be the only way to consistently explain phenomena over the world contradicting one another - and even then such thesis would have many many flaws left unexplained.

I for one don't have any fear, don't spend any cents, don't give any extra respect and honestly don't care, about "magic" or people claiming to be involved with it. The day a science lab announces it witnessed something supernatural, testing it in every way possible with no sensible explanation, then I'll start worrying.
Bear in mind there is the PLACEBO effect, cold reading, cunning visual trickery, statistical oddities / coincidence, shiny swamp gas, the human shifty memory (yes, that clear memory you can swear is real can be altered or made up by your brain without you being able to tell, and THIS has been tested), hallucination, plain lies that even the teller ends up believing, et cetera, et cetera, damn endless et ceteras.

Oh please, if you have seen something extraordinaire yourself, doubt yourself, doubt your senses, doubt the surroundings and the people around FIRST. Don't let the ordinary quality of your life throw you eagerly into supernatural belief. It's ok to live in a non-magical world, there can still be beauty and amazement. Welcome.
If you have only "heard of" from a person you trust very very much, don't even bother.

Magic Cheers,

Planta
bhavatmaj

Post by bhavatmaj »

Magic is an art, any one can do it after practicing on it. It is an art how to make the viewers fool.
bhavatmaj
Handmade beaded necklace from craftsmen of Indian Villages.
halfknot

Post by halfknot »

I don't believe in magic. By this, I don't contest all the hypnoticism, just the pure one. I mean, I believe hypnoticism is possible but only helped by some meds or drugs taken by the victim. But I don't believe at all in ghosts, wizards, gods, fairies, zombies and all this.
I'm posting to improve my English. If you see any grammar/vocabulary mistake in my post, please let me know.
gura

Post by gura »

I have seen Harry Potter. The students were not so good of use of magic at the first time except Harmione. She studies a lot about magic, so she could use each one in different situation. I think it is the same thing as our living. For example, studying English is very hard for me since it is the second language. However, when I get trained, I am speaking and writing English! It took a lot of years, but it was like a magic. Each vocabulary was translated in English from my native language in my head very quick. I think everything that we are doing are magic. The movie showed in different perspective by using computer graphics, but I think our magic is invisible, and each person has different type of it. :oops:
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

Yes, offcourse it exists. I believe in it
Lucilor

Post by Lucilor »

I will be glad to believe that!
Sonchik

Post by Sonchik »

They do!!!! I can say for sure that they exist as some magics have really happened in my life...And if you believe in God than you must believe in magic as God himself is magic.
Elisa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elisa »

yes, I think magic exists. You can see it everyday in a baby, in a flower bosson, in a smile...
If you really want something happens ...it will... and you can be magic :-)
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

Yes magic exist. No doubt. I believe in it. I know it exists. I wonder why the human being lost it. May be it was when we lost our innocence many ages ago. I'm not referring on theatre's magic show. I'm referring to the magic capable to domain the five elements of the Nature.
nawras

Post by nawras »

i can't believe that
newmohsen

Post by newmohsen »

now days we can just say that exist because we can`t prove that but in future is that a normal thing.
for instant there is power in our mind that connect with out space that sometimes we decide something strangely or do something unusual , for me is that for most of the time I face with same number in watch 4:4, 1:11 , 3:33 just like that or when someone ask me , what time is it , it`s same time , did happen to u ever ?
cruimel

Post by cruimel »

Yes, I think magic exist...because people have to believe in something .Magic- it's love, it's God, it's-a new born child, it's everything, just look at it more carefully and you will see it