Should free healthcare be available to everyone?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Post by TalkingPoint »

What do YOU think?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

No.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Yes. Including also veterinaryans patients.
Vega
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Should free healthcare be available to everyone?

Post by Vega »

TalkingPoint wrote:Should free healthcare be available to everyone?

What do YOU think?
Lemme ask you a question, you say Free health care, how can it be not available to everyone when it's Free?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Hardi wrote:Yes. Including also veterinaryans patients.
That's what everyone means. There's no including this person and that person since it's EVERYONE.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

LennyeTran wrote:
Hardi wrote:Yes. Including also veterinaryans patients.
That's what everyone means. There's no including this person and that person since it's EVERYONE.
I can list those who I find important to me to be listed if I want.

By the way. According of wikipedia.

The classical definition of a person is "a human being regarded as an individual."[1] In modern usage, the term "person" is subject to dispute and re-interpretation based on alternate definitions. This is especially so for uses that are not necessarily synonymous with the classical definition of human or human being.

I had a good reason to list also veterinarians patients. I wanted to show that I also care about you too... Since human doctors probably wont treat you.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Try to search for EVERYONE, then. :roll:
nightwish

Post by nightwish »

here in my country it's free somehow.
we pay just for the medicines we take that's it.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

What country is it? :? I might move there whenever I'm too sick with the States.
davidhua

Post by davidhua »

i do not thingk so
in my country ,most people even can not pay for medcine care .
so terrible !
YayuRahayu
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by YayuRahayu »

I think in my country, some hospital and pharmacy is not free. medicine is not affordable for poor people but now our government set up a new policy that poor people can check up their health also medicine with free, but I think not spreading between some areas. I hope government should have give more concern about poor people's health indeed. free itsn't for everyone :) thanks Talking point and all who votes here
wyne

Post by wyne »

I hope so. It will be a wonderful thing. But it seems to be difficult to carry out.
samento

Post by samento »

In our country, Health scheme recently free for everyone who has no other health security scheme. This means nearly 97-98 % of people in our country are covered by one health scheme and they need not to pay for fee and charge. Thanks to the goverment for giving the free-for-charge health scheme equally to all people in the country. This scheme surely have benifits to all Thai people. But! however, health personnel, especially doctors and nurses, have many trobles from the health scheme. First of all, number of patients is increasing rapidly. Some doctors have to care at least 200 patients per day(I mean 200 patients per a doctor per day). Secondly, as result from increasing patients, most patients need high quality of care. Some expect as high quality as the private hospitals: not wait too long, get the best medicine, get the best intervention, get the best operation, the best health outcome, but as CHEAP as possible! In my opinion, the most challenge our goverment must handle with is how to balance between the quality and the quantity.
ahmedxzxz

Post by ahmedxzxz »

Yes,it should be...Of course
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

No.
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

TalkingPoint wrote:Should free healthcare be available to everyone?

What do YOU think?

Yes. Free healthcare should be available to everyone, including prisoners, corruptors, rapists, cold blooded killers, and of course EC members.
dera

Post by dera »

Yes. Free healthcare should be available to everyone, including prisoners, corruptors, rapists, cold blooded killers, and of course EC members.
yes but why some time poor person very dificult to receive helthcare from the hospital if a nother patient come an he or she richer than me some time i was ignore by them :idea
YayuRahayu
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by YayuRahayu »

why corruptors or bloded killer? they dont deserve it right
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

YayuRahayu wrote:
why corruptors or bloded killer? they dont deserve it right

Then, we've got to kill theam all right now. Agree?
YayuRahayu
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by YayuRahayu »

we dont have to killed them, it just their punishment..prisoner may get healtcare or medicine from government, it's fine [/quote]
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

YayuRahayu wrote:we don't have to kill them, it is just their punishment..prisoners may get healtcare or medicine from government, it's fine
OK. Don't kill them. Just ask them to sleep with eyes and mouth open. Good idea :?:
Alfabeto

Post by Alfabeto »

Basic health care should be universal within a nation. I don't know what you mean by "free" since doctors and nurses need to be paid and maintenance of facilities is never free. But it can, and should, be paid for with tax money. In Spain we have a good national health care system (which means it is costly to the taxpayer, but there is no free lunch). In return people with less money can have expensive treatment if needed. It's in everyone's best interest to maintain public health standards and avoid epidemics. I would only exclude heinous murderers, who should be executed out of mercy.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Yes it should be. Some people are too poor to pay for it. Also as free means in this context that the goverment of a country must pay for it I think that the govermant also has to check if funds are used properly and not stolen.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by sweethuman »

Yes, rights of every human should be similiar
ArnauEstanyol
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ArnauEstanyol »

Of course. Free healthcare should be for free for everybody, less for rich people.
irenapol

Post by irenapol »

Free healthcare should be provided to everyone, as every human should have the right to live and save life in case of any disease. However, that would cost so much that, probably, there is no country in the world that could afford such a solution. I have been living in Poland for 15 years and healthcare is partly free here, but you have to wait for a long time to get your treatment sometimes. So, you go to the private surgery to avoid this. Many people complain about the queues and the system of public healthcare here, but personally I still think it's much better than the one in my home country (Ukraine), where people who go to hospital have to pay for everything, from medicine to anaesthetics and surgical suture, not to mention a bribe to the doctor (at the same time the healthcare is considered to be free according to Ukrainian Constitution!!!) It all ammounts to huge sums of money which many people just don't have, so they don't go to the doctor's even if they really need it.
agatawerecka

Post by agatawerecka »

As far as im concerned free healthcare ought to be available to everyone. Everyone deserves a decent life.We need to take care of our health. Nowadays, many people die cuz of unsuitable healthcare. International organizations should provide people around the world access to healthcare. Im pretty sure, its possible. How can we change the system? Im sorry, i dont know. But i know that necessity is the mother of invention. Together we can do a lot of good things. :-D
KubaKoi

Post by KubaKoi »

In my opinion free healthcare should be avaible to everyone. Healthcare shouldn't depends on nothing. Everyone should have chance to being healthy, it isn't important who you are - rich, poor, student, young or elder - you should have free healtcare. People can have different reasons to being poor. They can lose a job, or be robbed, but they could still have free healthcare. If you say "no" to free healthcare, just remember, that you might need healthcare, but you don't money - and what do you gonna do then?
aladrelich

Post by aladrelich »

I think free healthcare should be availabled to everyone. Everyone deserves for decent healtcare and not everyone afford of expensive private doctor or surgery. Country should aim at everyone can have free healtcare and calm life without health problems. That would be the best solution for every citizen.
nicbase

N.B. Netiquette

Post by nicbase »

I am certain that free healthcare should be available to everyone, because peole should not use home remedies. They might be being harmful. If healtcare were available, lots of people would be treated properly. Probably people may be being healthier. They also must not be have illnesses which are hard to cure.
dębskidzik

Post by dębskidzik »

Healthcare should be available for everyone. I think most of us agree with that. But the true problem is how we can change healthcare. Poland is quite poor coutry and there isn't a lot of money for patients. Perhaps in the future, some different goverment will change something. I belive that because economy is still developing.
aladrelich

Post by aladrelich »

Free healthcare should be available to everyone, because everyone deserves for decent healthcare and not everyone afford to private doctor or surgery. Country should grant access to free healthcare for people who doesn't have money. If they had a free helathcare they wouldn't worried about money and they would be focused on different important things for them. So in my opinion free haelthcare would improved life million of people in the World.
natalianowak

Post by natalianowak »

I think, that healthcare should be free to everyone, because everybody belong to society. When every person is healthy, society works better. This situation is good economically. Healthy people work efficiently and more. Country spend more money. Money develop land. Developed country have more jobs for citizens. In this way people live better.
In sound mind in a sound body.
MajaPu

Post by MajaPu »

Yop, i think healthcare should be free 4 everyone. It's not important if u have a lot of money or nope. We should remember about people who don't have money for normal life, i mean for these people extra money for healtcare can be impossible thing to have :nok:
I want to be a doctore and from this point of view i'm still sayin' yes :ok:
Lucywa

Post by Lucywa »

In the world everyone have a right to a dignified life. Authorities and heads of state should provide easy access to use of healthcare. Sometimes treatment requires cash outlay. People don't have a lot of money to spend them only for medical measures and medicines. I think the free healthcare should be available to everyone, because human healt is the most important. Such a change in some countries where conditions are hard would be very beneficial. :)
natalianowak

Post by natalianowak »

I think, that healthcare should be free to everyone, because everybody belong to society. When every person is healthy, society works better. This situation is good economically. Healthy people work efficiently and better. Country spend more money. Money develop land.Developed country has more jobs for citizens. In this way people live better.
annmadej

Post by annmadej »

I also think that healthcare should be free for every person. In my opinion every human being deserves for help and support, unfortunetlly not everyone have money or possibillty to the treatment of own possibilities.
alicpryl

Post by alicpryl »

Yes it's obvious. In my opinion each person should have free available to healthcare.
Health is one of the most important things in people's life. And we shouldn't pay for basic treatment.Free available to healthcare shouldn't depends on country or social class.
All people are equal and should have the same law to health care. ;)
nicbase

Post by nicbase »

In my opinion free healthcare should avaiable to everyone, because people often use home remedies which could be harmful. It is very significant, because in these days there are a lot of illnesses, and we have to treat them. The majority of them are really hard to cure, so we should treat them quickly and properly. To be honest a lot of people are poor są they do not go to private doctor visites, they also do not ask any dotor or pharmacist about health issues. Poeple do not increse their knowledge about health and they do not talk with a dietician, so they do not take care about their health. To conclude free healtcare must be avaiable for everyone. Let’s prevent symptoms of illness It is better to prevent , than treat illnesses.
natalianowak

Post by natalianowak »

I think, that healthcare should be free to everyone, because everybody belongs to society. When every person is healthy, society works better. This situation is good economically. Healthy people work efficiently and better. Country spend more money. Money develop land. Developed land has more jobs for citizens. In this way people live better.
OlaaMej

Post by OlaaMej »

Yeah, it should be available to everyone :)
Every human deserves for free healthcare, and it doesn't matte if he is rich or poor.
Adifanstal

Post by Adifanstal »

In my opinion free healthcare should be available to everyone, but it's very hard to do, because i can see much difficulties. In Poland we have "free healthcare", but we must wait a half year or more for important operation. Of course we usually can't wait, so we must go to doctor as "private" and we must pay money for that. So I'll wait for someone, who will change a polish healthcare...
kowalskidzik

Post by kowalskidzik »

Yes. I think that it should be free. It often happens that people dont have the money to get medical treatment and die by it. Health is important and it should be available to everyone
kruwik

Post by kruwik »

In my opinion, free healthcare should be available to everyone. A lot of people don't use treatment because they don't have any funds for this issue. But why people don't have money? Everyone have to eat, drink or take a shower... And it's impossible to find money for private visit with a doctor... So they have to wait a few weeks, months, sometimes there are years! It is to result in more of them die! If people, who really need healthcare have got it for free, they will live.
wiktoriasz

Post by wiktoriasz »

I think that it is difficult topic to discuss and I can't answer what is better. Certainly treat people who don't pay taxes and have the same relief than the other half who pay it's not fair. But in the same time human's life is the most important value and free healthcare probably can save a lot of lifes. Of course we can say that in life threatening moment doctor have a duty to help but prophylaxis can prevent a lot of death. Free heltcare available for everyone can make it possible but it's still a problem with the fact that this is unfair.
justynasta

Post by justynasta »

I agree with majority of us that free healthcare should be available to everyone. I have the same argumentation.
In addition some people who don't have money for healthcare they embrace from home remedies to save money. It can be very dangerous and life-threatening.
Also because of non-voluntary healthcare more people don't care about oneself and it can drive them to bad state of healt or even to faster demise.
So I think that healtcare free of charge is very important!
alicpryl

Post by alicpryl »

Yes it's obvious. In my opinion each person should have free available to healthcare.
Health is one of the most important things in people's life. And we shouldn't pay for basic treatment.Free available to healthcare shouldn't depends on country or social class.
All people are equal and should have the same law to health care. ;)
NaKuzajewska

Post by NaKuzajewska »

I think that free healthcare should be available for everyone in every country. To me it is something that every person deserves, regardless of how old he is, where he lives and how much money is in his account.
For example in a lot of countries many people die each year, because they haven't access to free healthcare.
So think now, how many people could live, if only they had access to it. I wish I could do anything with it.
klamolga

Post by klamolga »

It is important to have free healthcare all around the world. Most developed countries have free health care. It is one of the stone miles of every society. I believe that in the nearest future majority of citizens will have access to free healthcare.
kasgol

Post by kasgol »

I think healthcare should be available for free for everyone. Everybody deserves to be cured independently of financial status. All people have the same rights. Althougt prisoners have limited rights, we shouldn't made them to suffering. Moreover in prison are people who innocent but are there because they were framed up. I hope people will change this in the future and even the poor and people in prison who are tortured by other prisoners will deserve to be cared for free. :-)