Do we communicate more with our eyes than with words?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

JaviLópez

Re: Do we communicate more with our eyes than with words?

Post by JaviLópez »

I don't really know if we communicate more with our eyes, but I think that we communicate other things with our eyes, or in general, with our body or with the nonverbal communication. There are so many things that we lose when we have a written conversation, in chats or forums, because we can't know what intonation is using the other person or, most important, which are the feelings that the other person are feeling in that moment. That's one of the biggest inputs of nonverbal communication, without words, another person can tell what is happening to you only by looking at you.
Backstorygirl

Post by Backstorygirl »

I attended a sales presentation about 20 years ago, and what I still remember from that is this statistic: 93% of communication is non-verbal. I think of how many times I meet people and they tell me their name, and I forget it the next second. But I can remember the person's eye color. I think there is more to communication than words, but what percent I am not sure,
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

It depends on your daily activities.

If you work as a telephone operator, you communicate more with words than your eyes.
We're all friends, right?