English grammar questions, answered by Alan
- Rising Star
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:57 pm
- Status: Learner of English
- Location: United States of America
Are both correct:
1) This game is over if you want it to be. All you have to do is resign.
2) This game is over if you want it. All you have to do is resign.
- Posts: 14982
- Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:56 pm
- Status: Teacher of English
- Location: Japan
Both are grammatically possible but #2 is absurd ("want it" = " want the game").