English grammar questions, answered by Alan
- Gold Member
- Posts: 126
- Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:53 am
Please help me with this.
1. I don't know much about Harry. [I know this is natural, isn't it?]
2. About Harry, I don't know much. [Is this also natural?]
Thank you very much.
- EC Teacher
- Posts: 12886
- Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:56 pm
- Status: English Teacher
- Location: Japan
2. Yes, quite possible. It's an example of 'topicalization', in which a focal element in the sentence is fronted for emphasis.