RE : State and Action

English grammar questions, answered by Alan

Moderator: Alan

pdh0224
Rising Star
Rising Star

RE : State and Action

Post by pdh0224 »

No, I mean that I fail to see its point.

This is a website dedicated to giving practical advice to English learners related to real-life English problems, normally concerning the correctness or otherwise of specific sentences. Priority must therefore be given to such questions over ones that appear to represent little more than theoretical speculation (however interesting or thought-provoking).

Thus, if you can show me a good, practical reason for asking the question, I'll be happy to give it my consideration!
-------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with you that my question is not a general real-life English problems but a theoretical matter not easy to notice in real-life situation (It needs a time to think). As you know, I often question this kind of questions, that could not be answered easily because ,I think, as I read a english paper, I could recognize nuance of English not even explicit but also implicit. The question I mentioned sprang to mind when reading a paper. In fact, that kinds of questions frequently came to mind.(like "what is different between unreasonable logic and a metarphorical system that their language has?""Where is the extent of both?" and so on. Those really need a time to think). Whenever those came to mind, I try to think about it many times, and deal with it for my-self. If it isn't solved, at last, I ask you those. Everytime I read a english paper, those questions spring to mind. At that point, those questions are real-life and practical problems to me. Whenever I solved that kinds of questions I had, I am really easy to encounter a similar question and even wider linguistic matter. I know some people could say to me "you want to know so abstract and unnecessary matter a foreign student doesn't need to know."
But there is no tree without a root. I want to know the root of English no matter what it is -theriotical , cultural and a way of thinking matter and so on- because ,at the end, those made up "English".
If there are an answers for them, the answers make me understand an english sentence and a meaning intended by a writer more correctly even when it comes to a micro nuance, and write more correct English.

p.s :Everytime I know a complicated answer from your teaching, I am always happy and thank you for your teaching. :D
Alan
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Post by Alan »

I am sure that many such abstract questions must spring to mind, but must, in the interests of the majority of site-users, insist that queries relate to actual problem sentences.

Please continue visiting our site. Your posts are always welcome!