Hello, DEAR ALAN!
I need YOUR help!
Please, pay attention to the following sentences:
1) How much were they?
2) How much is a hamburger and chips?
3) How much are these glasses?
To be frank, I don't understand and I'm confused about the use of verbs after "How much"?
I was taught the following rules:
a) How many + plural count noun
b) How much + non-count noun
Which case is given in the examples above?
Can't I say keeping correct grammar like
1) How much was they? (since "how much" + sing.verb despite "they")
2) How many are a hamburger and chips? (since a hamburger and chips ---> plural)
3) How much is these glasses? (since "how much" + sing.verb despite "these glasses")
Dear TEACHER! Could YOU please explain at length the case to me?
THANKS A LOT!