I need some help with the use of prepositions before the cardinal points. I'm really feeling all at sea about it!!
- "X" is located ON the southeastern part of the island of "Z"
- "X" is located ON the south coast of the island.
- "X" is located TO the west of the island.
In these cases, is it correct to use the preposition "ON"? Or should I use "IN"?
- "X" is the most-visited beach ON/IN the island of "Z"
- "X" is one of the most beautiful areas ON/IN the north(ern) coast of the island of "Z"
- "X" and "Y" are the less frequented and most beautiful beaches ON/IN the north of the island.
When talking about superlative forms, which is the most suitable preposition? Would it be correct to use "OF"?