Help with diploma thesis abstract translation

English grammar questions, answered by Alan

Moderator: Alan

dejanCar

Help with diploma thesis abstract translation

Post by dejanCar »

Hi! I'm from Slovenia and I need some help with this diploma thesis abstract translation, which must be translated to English. It's not for my diploma, my friend asked me to help him with translation and I would like to do a good job.

Could you please help me and give me your verdict on my translation:

In this diploma thesis, I was involved in the manufacture of electric fence reeling device with a remote control. In the theoretical part of this thesis I researched the components necessary for the operation of this device – connection and rotation of the device, drive wheel, reel wheel, housing, wire routing, electric motor, relays, safety switch and dealt in more detail with the operation of the remote control. In the practical part, I presented the process of designing and manufacturing of the device. The final product is intended primarily for home use. The product is, compared to the marker, much more affordable, and its benefits are nevertheless great. Remote reeling allows us to do more work with less effort, and it is also adapted for independent use.

Thank you guys very much in advance!
Alan
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

Re: Help with diploma thesis abstract translation

Post by Alan »

I suggest: In this diploma thesis, I was involved in... -> This diploma thesis concerns...

Otherwise, it seems okay.