has the USA turned to a menace?

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

zoonpolitikon

has the USA turned to a menace?

Postby zoonpolitikon » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:15 pm

It´s about the well-known sense of antiamericanism, which has increased specially because of the policy of preventive war adopted by President Bush.
It makes us to hear things as that USA is not a friendly country, but a real menace, in so far as it would not hesitate in striking another country, in case of a minimal conflict of interests.
I think it´s absurd. As a great admirer of American people and culture, and specially of its values, I still believe the USA is not a menace, but a friendly and welcoming country.
...Am i right?

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:17 pm

Bush is the menace, not the country.

zoonpolitikon

Postby zoonpolitikon » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:09 pm

That´s the point, Bush is the menace. However, Bush was reelected by the US people, that is, by the country.
What I am concerned about is what are the Americans thinking about Bush arrogant policy. Don´t they care about the harmful efeccts it can cause? Are they ignoring that is much better to be admired than to be fearsome?
You're right, Dixie, but for the people of a country which is being threatened there is no difference wether the menace comes from the president or from the country itself.
I'd like to know how concerned the americans are about the sense of anti-americanism. Recent researchs has shown that the number of foreing students in the US universities has decreased more than 30%, not only because of the increasingly restricive immigration laws, but also because a lot of those students would feel unsafe in the USA, not to mention a lot of others who are going to look for other countries, because of the mentioned unfriendly image the USA is gaining through this disastrous Bush era.

Luke CN
Silver Member

Postby Luke CN » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:37 am

You're right, Dixie, but for the people of a country which is being threatened there is no difference wether the menace comes from the president or from the country itself.

Hi Zoon, I agree with your opinion.

Let us celebrate the good relationship between China and Brazil. Our presient visited your esteemed courty yesterday, which we bring bright future for both courties.

Hope we can good friends too.

Yours,
Luke

Mr. Wiggles ™

Postby Mr. Wiggles ™ » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:27 pm

well, USA is not a menace, i disagree that bush is a menace as well, though morever all of his recent actions can cause eyebrows to raise, but the fact that he was re-elected. shows that people still trust him...
if its about the oil thing that he craves,
thats the sad part, he can just sell the oil and make iraq or any arabian country prosper, by giving the money to that country
especially that no one really is ruling as we speak, remember saddam ? he is in jail... ayt ?

i'll be a bit bold in saying that... all the things that are happening now... is prophesized in the bible,,,,
so that means all these unpopular actions, issues ...
are pieces of the big prophesy that is coming,
which is the end is near...

so i guess we need to meditate and keep this in mind,
USA IS NOT A MENACE....
wiggle it just a little bit ™

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:31 pm

Mr. Wiggles ™ wrote:i'll be a bit bold in saying that... all the things that are happening now... is prophesized in the bible,,,,
which is the end is near...

so i guess we need to meditate and keep this in mind,
USA IS NOT A MENACE....

:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

francine
Platinum Member

Postby francine » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:53 pm

Mr. Wiggles ™ wrote:if its about the oil thing that he craves,
thats the sad part, he can just sell the oil and make iraq or any arabian country prosper, by giving the money to that country
especially that no one really is ruling as we speak, remember saddam ? he is in jail... ayt ?

can we just promote and use the water that the Filipino engineer invented instead of gas? i'm really waiting for it to be released in the market and be used by everyone. but not all agree to that. you see, many businessmen won't agree to that and some coutries as well. their business will go down. :roll:

robin

re:

Postby robin » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:47 pm

everybody know that why usa wants on ıraq ,:ıt is cash ,petrol
usa and bush are menace

essie
Gold Member

Postby essie » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:43 am

Mr. Wiggles ™ wrote:all the things that are happening now... is prophesized in the bible,,,,
which is the end is near....

lol!!! I wish people would stop saying that. The bible can be translated to suite anyone’s agenda. So can every other religious text. The bible does not directly prophesize any recent events, but it rather vaguely describes things that can be manipulated. Some may see this as a "bold statement", but just rub your eyes a little; maybe you'll see a bit better. :P

Bush administration and half of the American population = accessory to murder..

renecohrt

Dangers.

Postby renecohrt » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:20 am

It makes me sad to experience nations exposed as dangers and so wrong, knowing that every living being is a potential threat to himself and mankind.

In less than 50 years mankind probably does not exist.

ProfessorVerb
Gold Member

Postby ProfessorVerb » Thu May 12, 2005 5:53 am

zoonpolitikon wrote:That´s the point, Bush is the menace. However, Bush was reelected by the US people, that is, by the country.
What I am concerned about is what are the Americans thinking about Bush arrogant policy. Don´t they care about the harmful efeccts it can cause? Are they ignoring that is much better to be admired than to be fearsome?
I'd like to know how concerned the americans are about the sense of anti-americanism. Recent researchs has shown that the number of foreing students in the US universities has decreased more than 30%, not only because of the increasingly restricive immigration laws, but also because a lot of those students would feel unsafe in the USA, not to mention a lot of others who are going to look for other countries, because of the mentioned unfriendly image the USA is gaining through this disastrous Bush era.

I just want to cry. My poor country ... I love this country -- just like all of you love Brazil, China or Vietnam or wherever. All of this criticism begs the question as to just how must responsibility an individual citizen has when it comes to what a government does. If 125,000,000 Americans vote against GWB and he still wins, does that implicate them in everything that happens thereafter? Of course not. We cannot stop paying taxes to protest what our government does, just as you cannot. We can, though, vigorously voice our discontent -- which we do -- through the voting polls, the media and forums such as this.

Let me just say this: No, we are not a nation of "Ugly Americans," although some of us are. We are also not a nation of hate-mongers, hillbillies, yokels, or racists, although some of us most certainly are. We are a country that has been described as a "melting pot," but I don't think this is accurate any longer; rather, we are a "tossed salad" comprised of ethnicities from all over the world that have stayed in the same bowl and have a common dressing, but that's about it.

I will be the first to admit that the United States deserves the criticisms being directed at it today; but consider, please, the fact that September 11 is still fresh in most Americans' minds, and Pearl Harbor is not that distant of a memory either. We were attacked, and despite the knee-jerk responses on the part of our government since then, what you would do in our place?

Thanks for listening.

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Thu May 12, 2005 8:57 am

I love the US, I always have. I miss my days in NY and can't wait to go back. We, or at least I, were not talking about the US, but about its president.

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:59 pm

Regardless of Mr. Bush's Policies the American people were in a time of fear when you think about it. Change is a hard thing to do when you are already living in fear (after 9/11). You can understand the American populuation being reluctant to remove him from office at a time when there is some national security issues.

He won't be the President forever; unfortunately he probably won't leave a great legacy for the American people themselves.

This is why there was such a huge campaign for people to VOTE! Unfortunately alot of people once again chose not to.

Maybe the problem with democracy is laziness! :cry:

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:40 am

shazzam1452 wrote:Maybe the problem with democracy is laziness! :cry:

Nope, the problem with democracy is Florida didn't know how to count :lol: .

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:32 am

Why attack Bush as many of you have? Clinton bombed Serbia and no one cried!! This is purely political rhetoric.

Think about it. USA is the most benevolent super power in history.Rome, Greece, Babylon, Persia, Egypt??

Now, That said. Take a look at this! Perhaps there is more to politics than meets the eye.
http://911.freelancepartnership.com/

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:52 am

danyet wrote:Why attack Bush as many of you have? Clinton bombed Serbia and no one cried!! This is purely political rhetoric.

Think about it. USA is the most benevolent super power in history.Rome, Greece, Babylon, Persia, Egypt??

Now, That said. Take a look at this! Perhaps there is more to politics than meets the eye.

I wouldn't say that everyone is attacking BUSH maybe challenging some of his decision making; but hey that happens to every powerful politician. No one will agree with every decision you make. The facts are as they are though that Mr. Bush went against the UN (which pretty much made them look useless) and attacked on grounds that have now been deemed unjustifiable; as there were no weapons of mass destruction. The UN had been saying this for quite sometime. I know that various Governments around the World followed America to War based on this assumption. My country included.

Why can't they just come out now and say; well we know now that we made a mistake there were no weapons but......these are the additional reasons for the action taken...

I suppose honesty is a policy you don't expect from world leaders!

:oops:

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:03 am

shazzam1452 wrote: Why can't they just come out now and say; well we know now that we made a mistake there were no weapons but......these are the additional reasons for the action taken...

"Mission accomplished!" that's what he used to say. Now admitting that he wanted that war, so he could spend Americans' taxes on his family's weapon business would make him an idiot of the century and a big pile of s*** in the US history. It's too hard to admit he was wrong, shazzam. It's too hard... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:05 am

danyet wrote:Why attack Bush as many of you have? Clinton bombed Serbia and no one cried!! This is purely political rhetoric.

Hey man, you back your hands off Clinton, okay. He's my grandma's idol. A Clinton's worst day is a baby-Bush's best day, I suppose. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:44 am

LennyeTran wrote:

Hey man, you back your hands off Clinton, okay. He's my grandma's idol. A Clinton's worst day is a baby-Bush's best day, I suppose. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:53 am

shazzam1452 wrote:

I wouldn't say that everyone is attacking BUSH maybe challenging some of his decision making; but hey that happens to every powerful politician. No one will agree with every decision you make. The facts are as they are though that Mr. Bush went against the UN (which pretty much made them look useless) and attacked on grounds that have now been deemed unjustifiable; as there were no weapons of mass destruction. The UN had been saying this for quite sometime. I know that various Governments around the World followed America to War based on this assumption. My country included.

Why can't they just come out now and say; well we know now that we made a mistake there were no weapons but......these are the additional reasons for the action taken...

I suppose honesty is a policy you don't expect from world leaders!

:oops:
I don't know about Bush. I believe in conspiracy. There are people above presidents. BUt one thing I like is the fact that a killer like Saddam is gone because of Bush or someone. Who really knows?

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:11 am

I don't know about Bush. I believe in conspiracy. There are people above presidents. BUt one thing I like is the fact that a killer like Saddam is gone because of Bush or someone. Who really knows?

I agree that it is a good thing that this criminal is being brought to justice. But maybe the price was a little too high. It is the deception that is the concern. But I do see your point Danyet!

Return to “Current News”