Page 1 of 1

Do you think that US will control the world?

Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:48 pm
by luckygirl9
As I've just heard that US expresident Clinton might attend the election of secretary-general of the United Nation,and may have a sharp compete with the present secretary.But I hope he won't suceed.If he does so,America will absolutely control the world and that will be fierce and horrible.
Scraping away the oil from mid-east,America wanna have more status and authorities,in order to rise up the price of the oil,then accomplish their future targets.If every country is getting well with each other,where will be the risks?
Now please share the opinions on what you think about the series things US having been done.Do you think that US will control the world?

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:29 pm
by paradise
Great topic luckygirl
In my opinion i think that america is already controling the world .

we can notice this in some situations and in others the control is hidden :roll:

Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:05 am
by Arale
paradise wrote:
Great topic luckygirl
In my opinion i think that america is already controling the world .
America wants to control the world. It expressed its goal very long ago, especially in World War I and II.It has gained a part of its objective untill now. However, I don't think America is controlling the world now. Certainly Americans never remove their aim but it is not easy to success.Its failure in Vietnam-America war proves that. It means capitalism cannot defeat socialism. The best for all countries surviving is to live together and cooperate. Otherwise, China is aslo an extremely powerful nation in the world. It has an available advantage of crowded population and large land. USA and China are most powerful countries at the present.Nowadays,the global trend is developing and reinforcing. From what I have witnessed, the global trend is the desire of all countries.
NO WAR-NO PAIN.

_Arale_

Re: Do you think that US will control the world?

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:10 am
by cjlee02
[quote="luckygirl9"]As I've just heard that US expresident Clinton might attend the election of [color=blue]secretary-general of the United Nation[/color],and may have a sharp compete with the present secretary.But I hope he won't suceed.If he does so,America will absolutely control the world and that will be fierce and horrible.
Scraping away the oil from mid-east,America wanna have more status and authorities,in order to rise up the price of the oil,then accomplish their future targets.If every country is getting well with each other,where will be the risks?
Now please [color=darkblue][b]share the opinions on what you think about the series things US having been done.Do you think that US will control the world?[/b][/color][/quote]

Nothing lasts forever.
Though Paxamercana seem to be strong, but it maybe does not
last forever.
In natural law, the sun rise and fall down. :shock: :D

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:25 pm
by luckygirl9
First,thanks for replying.After seeing G.W.Bush continue his American president,some socialists explains that the most important reason for people voting him is that they wanna safe.Because Kerry emphasized that he would not acted with mid-east if not possible,they may be afraid of while terrotists came to attack but Kerry didn't have any careful defence!
A practical strong country should be based on world peaceful and united.It should not always think about its own interests,what it need most at present,which country may be harmful to them.It ought to concern much about the interests of the whole world.We have only one earth!We love our motherland!We don't need wars!We don't welcome hegemonism!
So America wanna be a good leader,the good way is not "control" but "unite"!

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:39 pm
by Monster
If America will not be rulling the world, it will be ruled by terrorists :!: :evil:

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:43 pm
by Guest
luckygirl9 wrote: A practical strong country should be based on world peaceful and united.It should not always think about its own interests,what it need most at present,which country may be harmful to them.It ought to concern much about the interests of the whole world.We have only one earth!We love our motherland!We don't need wars!We don't welcome hegemonism!
So America wanna be a good leader,the good way is not "control" but "unite"!
If you think we are powerful in military base then you are right but not fully right. We're one strong nation right now because mainly of our economy. Everyone does business with us. Our stock market affects the whole world. If it's what you meant by powerful nation then you're right. Otherwise, you're too one-sided.
If a country wanted to be strong, the economy would need to be strong. It's because strong in economy leads to better health care, better education, better in househould income, better in military forces since the country has enough money for weapons and stuff. I believe we never said we're the leader of the world. Everyone else thinks so. We don't care because what's the need to stop them?

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:02 pm
by Guest
luckygirl9 wrote: A practical strong country should be based on world peaceful and united.It should not always think about its own interests,what it need most at present,which country may be harmful to them.It ought to concern much about the interests of the whole world.We have only one earth!We love our motherland!We don't need wars!We don't welcome hegemonism!
So America wanna be a good leader,the good way is not "control" but "unite"!
Excuse me for being selfish to you but I think you're not making sense there. Every country thinks about its own interests and which country will be a threat to them. If you were a good President, you would do the same thing. Taking care of your people and put your people's needs first. You wouldn't go out there being a world police like that damn Bush thinks he's doing right now. "Mission accomplished" my asssssss. :roll: He used our tax money for that war and what we've gotten out of it? News of young American soldiers have died in Iraq, news that they cannot return even for treatment. That's what we've been getting out of it so far and let me tell you, it stinks.
Kerry is different than him. His terrorism plan wasn't strong because we need to build back the economy. We need to make America safe from inside first. We need to be strong on defense. We have our own problems, too. We need to fix them first before going out there fixing other's. That's what we should do.
His banning gay marriages, abortion, and other moral issues were not strong because those are individual's decision. If religious people think they have their own right then it goes the same for others. So if they don't want their rights to be messed with, don't mess other's.
Whatever, the election is over. I just can't wait to see this four years passing by.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:02 pm
by luckygirl9
simplyblessedwithlove wrote: Every country thinks about its own interests and which country will be a threat to them. If you were a good President, you would do the same thing.
Whatever, the election is over. I just can't wait to see this four years passing by.
Thanks for your faithful reply which made me realize more about your country's frustrations and the problems you are now meeting with. :wink: I quite agree with the ideas you claimed above.Well,I just hope America will do better on the world stage in future times.

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:59 pm
by Guest
luckygirl9 wrote:
simplyblessedwithlove wrote: Every country thinks about its own interests and which country will be a threat to them. If you were a good President, you would do the same thing.
Whatever, the election is over. I just can't wait to see this four years passing by.
Thanks for your faithful reply which made me realize more about your country's frustrations and the problems you are now meeting with. :wink: I quite agree with the ideas you claimed above.Well,I just hope America will do better on the world stage in future times.
Thank you for sharing and discussing your opinions, luckygirl :wink: . I hope the US will do better, too. And I hope that idiot won't mess up again. If he started another war, my brother might have to go to war since he'll be 18 before his term is over. That's also one of the reason I did not want him to be the President. Daddy Bush started the war in the Middle East and he didn't really finish it. Then Baby Bush started it again and who knows what's in his mind right now. He might try to finish it even it would cost many lives of the young Americans. He wouldn't be the one who went to war so I don't think he'd give a d***. Sigh, what a term!

There are no politicians

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:28 pm
by Sir f(x)=2x-3
I think the USA IS controlling the world. But I think it's a mistake to say that american presidents or politicians are controlling the other countries. In the USA -and in many other countries, too- multinational corporations are the ones who rule the things. Actually, all the important right-wing politicians, like Bush or Kerry, own one or more of these corporations. And, of course, they want MONEY, and if somebody wants money more than anything else, he/she can't be a good president. It's simple:
Bush wants money. Bush makes war with Irak, so he gains money from petroleum and weapon commerces. Some Americans are happy because they think Bush is defeating terrorism -although he is increasing it. Then these people votes Bush again, and Bush becomes rich, rich and rich, while innocent civilians in Irak become poor, poor, and dead. And some people keep on thinking that he only wants good things for the world.

And I want to say to final things:
1.To the people who vote Bush, Kerry or any other right-wing party in any country: the dictionary says that right-wing means capitalist. And capitalism is only good for rich people, so if you are not rich, don't vote them.
2.To the people who think that terrorists do bad things because they are bad: nobody will hurt you if you don't give them any reason to do it.

basty14@hotmail.com

Re: There are no politicians

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:38 pm
by Guest
Sir f(x)=2x-3 wrote: Bush becomes rich, rich and rich, while innocent civilians in Irak become poor, poor, and dead. And some people keep on thinking that he only wants good things for the world.
basty14@hotmail.com
Tell me why he's becoming rich out of that stupid war? His salary for being a president is less than a TV reporter. He doesn't gain anything without the approval from the Congress and stuff. He's rich because his dad is rich. Kerry is rich because his wife is rich. The ketchup company they have is under his wife's last name. Tell me where you've got the source saying that dumb Bush will become rich after the war. His salary would gain because he defeated Iraq? Give me the link to your source, otherwise do more research.

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:50 am
by yuniu
Yes. U.S has been involving the domestic affair of other countries taking the advantage of human right to come up their own greedy ambitious. That’s why U.S politicians are always saying “God bless America”

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:15 am
by Guest
yuniu wrote:Yes. U.S has been involving the domestic affair of other countries taking the advantage of human right to come up their own greedy ambitious. That’s why U.S politicians are always saying “God bless America”
When you say something like that, you should come up with something such as a source from where you've heard it to prove your point. It has nothing to do with that line. "God bless America" is just a saying like "god bless you." If you have noticed, on the US money we have " In God we trust" line. Although America is a melting pot but it still somehow is like a white-man country. They believe in God. That's why they say good bless....

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:47 pm
by Sir f(x)=2x-3
Simply bessed with love wrote:
Tell me why he's becoming rich out of that stupid war? His salary for being a president is less than a TV reporter. He doesn't gain anything without the approval from the Congress and stuff. He's rich because his dad is rich. Kerry is rich because his wife is rich. The ketchup company they have is under his wife's last name. Tell me where you've got the source saying that dumb Bush will become rich after the war. His salary would gain because he defeated Iraq? Give me the link to your source, otherwise do more research.


The Bush family gains money in many ways, and two of this ways are the petroleum commerce, and the weapon commerce (this is also said in my first message). This means war is good for them, because without war, there is no weapon commerce. And if the war is in a place with petroleum, bonus score. Anyway, I don't think bush minds if people in Irak are dead or alive.
basty14@hotmail.com

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:09 am
by Guest
Sir f(x)=2x-3 wrote:Simply bessed with love wrote:
Tell me why he's becoming rich out of that stupid war? His salary for being a president is less than a TV reporter. He doesn't gain anything without the approval from the Congress and stuff. He's rich because his dad is rich. Kerry is rich because his wife is rich. The ketchup company they have is under his wife's last name. Tell me where you've got the source saying that dumb Bush will become rich after the war. His salary would gain because he defeated Iraq? Give me the link to your source, otherwise do more research.


The Bush family gains money in many ways, and two of this ways are the petroleum commerce, and the weapon commerce (this is also said in my first message). This means war is good for them, because without war, there is no weapon commerce. And if the war is in a place with petroleum, bonus score. Anyway, I don't think bush minds if people in Irak are dead or alive.
basty14@hotmail.com
Good defending paragraph. I see someone has done his homework. :wink:

Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:45 pm
by maryemily
We don't care because what's the need to stop them?
sorry, i did not understand this.

Re: Do you think that US will control the world?

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:01 am
by darwen
I think there must be a long-time peace after a world war,for example,Economy increases rapidly after the World-War 1st and the World-war 2nd.So it is very dangerous for a super nation to control the world.There must be other strength and emerge and keep the world peace.And I know Clinton have no right to run for the Secretary-General of the United Nations.Because U.S.A. is a permanent member of the United Nations.But according to the world's situation,U.S.A. occupies the absolute predominance to intervent the world's affairs.So long as U.S.A. considers panhuman interests,there will be opposite.

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:41 am
by Guest
maryemily wrote:
We don't care because what's the need to stop them?
sorry, i did not understand this.
I said in my last paragraph, I believe we never said we're the leader of the world. Everyone else thinks so. We don't care because what's the need to stop them?, it means we're not the one who say we're the leader of the world. Everyone thinks that way. I admit that our economy is the number one or the strongest in the world, but it doesn't put us to where we will be the leader of the world. We never announce that. What that stupid Bush has done does not represent what most of Americans think, well not for those who are Democrats. People think we're controlling and we're the leader sometimes don't base on our economy's fact. They say that because we have strong military and we're the threat to most countries. Whatever way, it's true. It's a fact so what is the need to stop people thinking that way when it is. No matter how much we argue, people won't stop thinking that way. Thus, whatever, be that way.

so

Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:40 pm
by shinjo2000
i dont think US will but China will!
an ancient civilization is rising and going to become the biggest threat of the peace of the world.

Re: so

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:26 am
by luckygirl9
shinjo2000 wrote:i dont think US will but China will!
Well,I don't know where are you from,but it couldn't be China,yeah? :lol: China is a developing country,and it has protential energy which may one day become strong enough,but i can say,China has lots of national problems,especially in governments.Constitutions in China are sometimes not reasonable and acceptable compared to foreign countries,but maybe,this can be known by ourselves which won't show out to the world.Anyway,even if one day we had the power to lead the whole world,we wouldn't control it.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:48 pm
by Dithzie
Everybody wake up! Remove your rose-colored glasses. US already has control of the world. It's the most powerful country in the world right now and it will continue to do so until some other country becomes stronger again (probably China). Tell me who can dare oppose the US and get away with it. It's a law unto itself. Just look at what happened in Iraq. Even if a lot of countries opposed the war, which includes the United Nations I might add, the US did not budge on it's position and still declared war.

Bush knows this so he hides his agenda under the "terrorist-countries-have-nuclear-weapons-must-eliminate-or-remove-them-by-force" program. By destabilizing the Middle East, the United States and Bush gain by getting the upper hand and controlling oil productions in the region, if not in world.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not anti-US or anything of the sort. Am just saying things as I see them and this is what I see in this stupid war in Iraq where a lot of people has died already trying to find non-existent so-called "weapons of mass destructions".

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:32 pm
by Guest
Dithzie wrote:Everybody wake up! Remove your rose-colored glasses. US already has control of the world. It's the most powerful country in the world right now and it will continue to do so until some other country becomes stronger again (probably China).Tell me who can dare oppose the US and get away with it. It's a law unto itself. Just look at what happened in Iraq. Even if a lot of countries opposed the war, which includes the United Nations I might add, the US did not budge on it's position and still declared war.
The question is WILL, meaning in the future, so I guess your answer is China????

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:52 am
by Trantrung
I don't think US want to control the world. I think It only wants all coutries in the world live in American style :lol:

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:01 am
by Guest
Trantrung wrote:I don't think US want to control the world. I think It only wants all coutries in the world live in American style :lol:
I believe, one couldn't be white-washed if he/she was not white-washed himself/herself. In another words, one wouldn't act American, be Americanized, follow American culture if he/she didn't try to forget his/her own.

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:50 am
by luckygirl9
Trantrung wrote: I think It only wants all coutries in the world live in American style :lol:
Really?I don't think so,I quite agree with simpleblessedwithlove,if I follow your opinion,then maybe your VN people have to live like Americans? :roll: :o

Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:47 am
by Hardi
Well I cant speak for America.. I'm not american, but In my viewpoint. Some weak/litle countryes just have inferiority complex and then they fawn to america to much... to get some good word from Mr. bush, or to get... whatever they need.

Well I hope that at least Estonia don't need never, ever bootlick america or anybody else anymore, since we have now members of EU and NATO.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:10 am
by luckygirl9
Hardi wrote: Well I hope that at least Estonia don't need never, ever bootlick america or anybody else anymore, since we have now members of EU and NATO.
I absolutely agree with you,anytime,anywhere,to conserve your chaste soul,your sovereignty is always up to the first.

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:37 am
by jackfook
in fact,USA is controlling the world.Although she is not rich as Arabic countries which have plenty of petroleum,USA is leader of the world.She has advance technology which can fulfill her dream of creating nuclear and exploring the universe.She has a strength economy which guarantees jobs for her people.Her enthusiasm of loving science and respecting freedom encourages her people to learn from others in order to improve their life.She has strong politic influence who can affect the world.Am I right?

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:26 am
by luckygirl9
jackfook wrote:She has a strength economy which guarantees jobs for her people.Her enthusiasm of loving science and respecting freedom encourages her people to learn from others in order to improve their life.She has strong politic influence who can affect the world.Am I right?
Apparently what you said is a fact.I've asked the same quesiton to my American teacher and he admitted that US is now very strong but it may sometime be replaced by China.I just deem that he was prasing us,at least I'm absolutely demur his idea.
Well if a country is too powerful that no one could control it,it can just keep still but not to invade others,otherwise,it will lead to boycotts.The history has showed us.

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:33 am
by Guest
luckygirl9 wrote:
jackfook wrote:She has a strength economy which guarantees jobs for her people.Her enthusiasm of loving science and respecting freedom encourages her people to learn from others in order to improve their life.She has strong politic influence who can affect the world.Am I right?
Apparently what you said is a fact.I've asked the same quesiton to my American teacher and he admitted that US is now very strong but it may sometime be replaced by China.I just deem that he was prasing us,at least I'm absolutely demur his idea.
Well if a country is too powerful that no one could control it,it can just keep still but not to invade others,otherwise,it will lead to boycotts.The history has showed us.
Yeah, if the Americans don't be careful, they will be replaced in the international marketing by China in another fifty years. China and Singapore are like two hidden tigers that are waiting for their turns. Quite scary for those American bussiness people.