Canada legalizes gay marriages

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Canada legalizes gay marriages

Postby Dixie » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:01 pm

Yesterday, Canada legalized marriage between people of the same sex. It's the third state, after Belgium and the Netherlands, in doing so ;)

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelles/actualite/nouvelles/200506/29/002-mariage-ACTU.shtml

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:26 pm

Great news! I applaud!

I am glad that in some generous countries like Canada, gays and lesbians can finally be considered as ordinary people, instead of monsters and weirdies. I hope I can see the same scene happens in China in the near future. but I know, here in China, we still have a long way...

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:56 am

RedRose wrote: in some generous countries like Canada, gays and lesbians can finally be considered as ordinary people, .

It won't change anything. They are just making themselvs into an even bigger side show by trying to pretend that they are "ordinary people".

mr_Love
Platinum Member

Postby mr_Love » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:52 pm

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww....... :shock:

i cant even imagine......

gayes....eww

Lesbians.......ewww

Rose you like it ha?
are you one of them :shock: :shock: :D :D

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:46 pm

mr_Love wrote:eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww....... :shock:

i cant even imagine......

gayes....eww

Lesbians.......ewww

I can't believe my eyes!!! :shock: :shock: Mr_love are you serious? :shock:

leen@rasel
Silver Member

Postby leen@rasel » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:44 am

excuse mee :shock: ..... :roll: this is disgusting unless the guy one changes his sex ,it will be more acceptable :roll:

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:56 am

leen@rasel wrote:excuse mee :shock: ..... :roll: this is disgusting unless the guy one changes his sex ,it will be more acceptable :roll:

I can't believe you, guys.

keling
Silver Member

Postby keling » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:56 am

RedRose wrote:Great news! I applaud!

I am glad that in some generous countries like Canada, gays and lesbians can finally be considered as ordinary people, instead of monsters and weirdies. I hope I can see the same scene happens in China in the near future. but I know, here in China, we still have a long way...

:D gays marriage has been prevailing day by day , for it is the result of the change the society , i believe that it is inevitable the gays marriage will be occur in china some day . in fact , the group of single male and female is increasing gradually :D

manrat
Silver Member

Postby manrat » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:54 pm

leen@rasel wrote:excuse mee :shock: ..... :roll: this is disgusting unless the guy one changes his sex ,it will be more acceptable :roll:

It does not matter so much if you, I or someone else personally find it "acceptable", we all can have our own opinions about it BUT what I do miss in your and in mr_love's post, is respect. They are just normal people and in my personal opinion, they do not deserve to be talked about as 'disgusting'. No one has to agree with gay marriage, but it would be nice to just show respect to people, no matter what their lifestyle is.

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:15 am

manrat wrote: No one has to agree with gay marriage, but it would be nice to just show respect to people, no matter what their lifestyle is.

Freedom of speech works both ways, buddy boy. We are espesially entitled to display our disgust at changes in laws that we believe undermines our values. Don't pretend that disgust for the homosexual lifestyle is a new or unusual reaction. For thousands of years our forefathers have known that two men co-habitating have no buisiness claiming the umberella of marriage.
I find it shocking that anyone would accept this barbarity in this supposedly enlightened age.

idalia
Gold Member

Postby idalia » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:46 am

I think each one has the right to decide his/her preferences, and if they want to marry to a person fom the same sex, that is up to them.

But, I've heard that gays and lesbians are trying now to get a law that allows them to adopt children, :shock: :shock: and in my opinion that's unbelievable :evil: :evil: :evil: unacceptable :evil: :evil: :evil:. and just...impossible!

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:39 am

idalia wrote:I think each one has the right to decide his/her preferences, and if they want to marry to a person fom the same sex, that is up to them.

I believe that they already do have the right to decide their own preferences but the right to marry is not to be decided by those it specifically excludes.Therefore it is simply not up to them.

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:49 am

danyet wrote:For thousands of years our forefathers have known that two men co-habitating have no buisiness claiming the umberella of marriage.
I find it shocking that anyone would accept this barbarity in this supposedly enlightened age.

Barbarities is what I am reading here. What are you saying about "our forefathers"? Do you know anything about History? Do you think homosexuality is a 21st century fashion? Homosexuality is as old as life. Julius Caesar was gay and nobody talks about it. Like Manrat said, you should show a little respect towards other people -yes, people. In this enlightened age, like you said, we should open our minds and try to respect other views on life. You don't necessarily have to agree with them, just accept them as they are human like you and me and if you or I claim for our rights, they should, too.

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:01 am

idalia wrote:But, I've heard that gays and lesbians are trying now to get a law that allows them to adopt children, :shock: :shock: and in my opinion that's unbelievable :evil: :evil: :evil: unacceptable :evil: :evil: :evil:. and just...impossible!

Would you be so kind as to explain why, Idalia? :roll: Please, think about all those children who haven't been fortunate enough as to have parents and spend their lives in orphanages. Those children do not have a childhood. Would you prefer for them to live that way or would you like them to be adopted and end up that miserable life they've had so far and be happy? What does it matter if the kind of family that adopts them is not the traditional kind, the kind that we've always known? As long as the couple that adopts an orphan child is a happy couple and is able to rise that kid in a happy environment, what does it matter if it's formed by man and woman, or two men or two women? Please think about those kids. I personally don't care about the members that form the family as long as more orphan children can be happy.

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:16 pm

what is wrong with homosexuals??? some of them are born homosexuals, the others just choose to be homosexuals. Both don't hurt anyone else! I mean, homosexual behavior wouldn't hurt heterosexuals.

Referring to the born homosexuals, once established, homosexual feelings are unchangable! many people ever attempted to change their sexual orientation by praying or psychotherapy or some methods...but none worked!! and yeah, some gays can sleep with a woman by fantasizing they are sleeping with a man!

What can you find from the truth? that is just a matter of nature!

Referring to the ones who choose to be a homosexual, what is wrong? since their behavior dosen't hurt anyone else, and they choice their sexual activities, what is the matter? I don't think there is any problem with that.

it's great news that Canada legalized marriage of gays or lesbians. I believe that homosexuals will be given equal pretection in law in the future. by that time, we can tell, in a way, this world would really be generous and kind.

But now I don't think this world is really generous, at least some people are denigrating and bullying homosexuals just because these gays and lesbians are so different! and obviously, homosexuals belong to minority of all people, that is another reason why they are discriminated.

BTW, I am a heterosexual.

leen@rasel
Silver Member

Postby leen@rasel » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:34 pm

first of all it is not my manners that allow me to disrespect people i am not disrespecting them I am just expressing my feeling and thoughts toward this aspect secondly they are NOT NORMAL and because of that they are called GAYS and i think that we do not solve this problem by legitimazing this law they must change their sex if someone feels that he is a girl or boy whereas he is the opposite and this is just if the female hormones are more than the male hormones or the opposite but if they just feel that they are gays and thier hormonse are normal that means that they should recieve mental care and they must never change thier sex and this ia what agood doctor will do , we can check all the websites related to this topic if you want to make sure.

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:45 pm

No doctor can change a homosexual's sexual orientation! any mental care dosen't work!

maybe you think mass people's sexual orientation is "normal", and the minority are abnormal. sorry that you define something in such a simple way.

leen@rasel
Silver Member

Postby leen@rasel » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:04 pm

who said that mental care doesn't work they ask them what sex they feel likely to have and then they change thier sex depending on their choice and the behaivior of this person....any way guys we may differ in attitudes but we still keep the friendly feeling and relationship for each other ... right?...

leen@rasel
Silver Member

Postby leen@rasel » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:09 pm

Red Rose said

sorry that you define something in such a simple way.[/quote]
i didn't understand that?

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:18 pm

leen@rasel wrote:who said that mental care doesn't work they ask them what sex they feel likely to have and then they change thier sex depending on their choice and the behaivior of this person....any way guys we may differ in attitudes but we still keep the friendly feeling and relationship for each other ... right?...

if a gay is a born gay, any mental care dosen't work! if a guy chooses to be a gay, then since he chooses such a sexy activity, how can mental care work?

and why do homosexuals have to change their sexual orientation?

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:19 pm

Dixie wrote:[ Do you think homosexuality is a 21st century fashion? Homosexuality is as old as life. .

I am not saying that homos are a new fad. I am only saying that homos expecting to be legally married is a new fad. We as a society have never permitted it before and we should not permit it now.

Dixie wrote: You don't necessarily have to agree with them, just accept them as they are human like you and me and if you or I claim for our rights, they should, too.

I accept them as humans and have befriended a few. But I will not accept them to take my right to keep marriage as it always has been by changing the parameters of it to suit them. They are perfectly welcome to live next door as housemates if they want, straight or gay.

Dixie wrote: Please, think about all those children who haven't been fortunate enough as to have parents and spend their lives in orphanages. .

I would be mad as hell if I was a kid who was farmed out to a couple of homos. ( That is unless the two men who I was given to were able to brainwash me into thinking that it was perfectly normal for two guys to play with each others butts.)

RedRose wrote:what is wrong with homosexuals???

Nothing, as long as they don't try to influence the rest of us to accept them as normal.

RedRose wrote:Referring to the born homosexuals, once established, homosexual feelings are unchangable! many people ever attempted to change their sexual orientation by praying or psychotherapy or some methods...but none worked!!

Not true. I have heard testimony of some who now lead happy and successful hetro lives.

RedRose wrote: some people are denigrating and bullying homosexuals just because these gays and lesbians are so different! and obviously, homosexuals belong to minority of all people, that is another reason why they are discriminated.

Much of the bullying is in retaliation to the homo. agenda being forced on the rest of us. Most people are willing to accept that homo's should be treated with compassion as any human should receive but that does not mean that they should be treated as hetro's because they are not hetro, they are homo and we all know that they simply cannot be married by the very definition of marriage.

Return to “Current News”