USA AND "MEMIN PINGUIN"

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Elba wrote: Lennye,

Are you an africa-american?
Do you know Danyet?
there´s something that I don´t understand: What´s the problem with the Republican party?
I'll tell you about the differences later when I have time.

Elba wrote:I though both was chinness living in USA.
I'm VIETNAMESE. Please get this straight. I do not like to be called Chinese. No offense to Chinese people, but this is not who I am. That's all.
Last edited by MissLT on Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Elba wrote:Lennye,

I would like you read this point of views from american people.

I respect the opinion of all the people, and if in this case you felt ofended sorry for that. Now let me tell you that here in Mexico nobody found ofenssive when the cartoon of Speedy González apear. For us is like a funny cartoon.
And I can´t belive that yoou think that people who not share your opinion isn´t american. for that reazon I post this linkand again sorry if you ofended of if you will feel you ofended with the next link.
http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=11922
Who is this person? Caucasian, Asian, Hispanic, or African-American?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

danyet wrote: No I am not Black. I am not Republican.

Also there is nothing wrong with the Republican Party. It has as many problems as the Democratic party.

Lennye has simply inferred that it is understood that anyone who is a Republican is invalid on this forum. Lennye has succumed or resorted to a rather pathetic position to take in a debate.
Get this straight, buddy. I did NOT say a Republican is invalid in this room or anything. Please find a sentence that I said it was. Do not put words in my mouth. I hate people who do that. If you're strong enough to be in a debate, use your own words to discuss your points with me. Do not use your words and say it's my point.
danyet wrote:Rev. Jesse Jackson is a controversial figure in the USA. He does not speak for all Blacks. Many Americans of African herritage think that he has done a disservice to the Minority cause in America on countless issues. He, for a Reverand, has shown himself to be hypocritical in his personal life especially in the treatment of his own wife. He is not a good role model for the people he professes to stand for. Personally I think that he just like to be a "celebrity".
You are not African-American, so you don't even know what's like to be one. And I am not one so I don't know what's like to be one, but I got corrected by one African-American about this; therefore, I have some slight ideas how they would feel about this.
There was one old African-American man walking in the place I used to work at, and at that time I was busy talking to another customer so I just said hello to him. After that customer left, one Caucasian stepped in asking for direction; therefore, I just answered him quick. When he left, the old man said to me, "you're racist and discriminated. I stepped in first and you answered the white man first. I know I'm Black, but I'm not a scary person so you don't have to do that to avoid me." And he just left without letting me explain the whole situation.
Can you see some people could be that sensitive. Most African-Americans are not Republicans, but they did cry for Abraham Lincoln when he died. Why? It's because he freed the slaves although he was a Republican President.
Anyway, the bottom line is being on a stamp in an honor, in any country. I can't find a country where being on a stamp is a shame. If you could find one, inform to me then. Thus, that cartoon kid is on the stamp is an honor. Literally, it would be an honor for black people in general. However, Mexican President made a racist and discriminated compararison between blacks and Mexicans. That's what got them mad, not the cartoon itself. This cartoon is not from the U.S or of the U.S, therefore, black people have no rights to say anything unless they feel it's as like an additional slap to their faces after Mexican President made his "wise" compararison between the two races.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

LennyeTran wrote: Get this straight, buddy. I did NOT say a Republican is invalid in this room or anything. Please find a sentence that I said it was. Do not put words in my mouth.
You don't have to SAY it. It is clear that that is what you meant otherwise you would not have brought your speculation of Rebublicanism into this.

AS to your story of the elderly black man: He was probably the racist by just assuming that you were a racist before talking to you about it.

And those that cried for Abraham Lincoln were motivated by the same thing that everyone cried over when this last Pope died. Peer pressure from media exposure. Personally I couldn't have given a hoot over the old codger.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

danyet wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: Get this straight, buddy. I did NOT say a Republican is invalid in this room or anything. Please find a sentence that I said it was. Do not put words in my mouth.
You don't have to SAY it. It is clear that that is what you meant otherwise you would not have brought your speculation of Rebublicanism into this.
I do not like Republicans and it's my personal choice; however, I did NOT say you had no right to speak in here or whatsoever. Don't give me that "you don't have to say it" thing. I did NOT say it; therefore, it means I do not have a problem with you speaking in here. What I have is a problem of you being a Republican. If you did read my post clearly, you would see my intention right through.
danyet wrote: AS to your story of the elderly black man: He was probably the racist by just assuming that you were a racist before talking to you about it.
Do you even understand the word racist means? He told me he was hurt by my action and left without letting me explain. You don't call it racism. Please look it up in your dictionary before you use it, I advise you. You could say he was being over-dramatic, sensitive, uptight, but not racist.
danyet wrote: And those that cried for Abraham Lincoln were motivated by the same thing that everyone cried over when this last Pope died. Peer pressure from media exposure. Personally I couldn't have given a hoot over the old codger.
Abraham Lincoln was the sixteen President of the United States. He died when media was not a big part of our lives, how could his death was a part of the press? If you can't see what he had done was something anyone would value especially black people, this discussion is over. END OF DISCUSSION right here.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

You are dreaming if you think the people were not stirred by newspapers in those days. You are historically uneducated here. By the way many people say that Abe Lincoln did not actually free slaves since he did not issue Emancipation Proclaimating until after the Civil War had already started. Plus, personally he wanted to send all ex-slaves to Africa after the Civil War.