Bird flu

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, EC

Post Reply
User avatar
mr_Love
Platinum Member
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:43 am

Bird flu

Post by mr_Love » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:10 am

this diseace is going every were......

with the flying birds.....

i have read theat


Authorities in Greece have confirmed a case of bird flu on a turkey farm on the Aegean Sea island of Oinouses, near the Turkish coast.

Health services in Greece and elsewhere in Europe had already been on alert after the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu was confirmed in Romania and Turkey.


Greek veterinary authorities have also increased inspections of migratory birds at six wetland areas around the country, with daily samples to be sent to two state laboratories.



what you say about this Dird flu...which is starting saperating every where

User avatar
mr_Love
Platinum Member
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:43 am

Post by mr_Love » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:27 pm

Why you people dont care about it !!!!

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:09 pm

I have been following this story for six months at least. We will just have to wait to see if this virus will mutate into a virus that is communicable between humans. Right now it is only still communicable from infected bird to human. If it becomes mutated into a version that can be spread human to human then we are in a lot of trouble.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:38 pm

danyet wrote:I have been following this story for six months at least. We will just have to wait to see if this virus will mutate into a virus that is communicable between humans. Right now it is only still communicable from infected bird to human. If it becomes mutated into a version that can be spread human to human then we are in a lot of trouble.
I was reading a news article online yesterday where: Mr Abbott the Deputy Leader has stated that he feels the current vaccine is useless. He claims that it is highly likely that the virus will change and render the benefits of the vaccine redundant. Pretty frightening stuff. Hopefully most countries have their quarantine officers working at full strength to try to prevent a global spread of this virus. :shock:

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:01 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:
I was reading a news article online yesterday where: Mr Abbott the Deputy Leader has stated that he feels the current vaccine is useless. He claims that it is highly likely that the virus will change and render the benefits of the vaccine redundant.
Not only that I hear that it will take 6 months develope another vaccine after the first one becomes outdated and fails.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:08 pm

danyet wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:
I was reading a news article online yesterday where: Mr Abbott the Deputy Leader has stated that he feels the current vaccine is useless. He claims that it is highly likely that the virus will change and render the benefits of the vaccine redundant.
Not only that I hear that it will take 6 months develope another vaccine after the first one becomes outdated and fails.
So in this case prevention is definately better than cure? :(

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:41 am

On the news today in Sydney; two birds imported from Canada to Australia have tested positive for the bird flu, and Newcastle disease. There has now been a prohibition put in place for any more birds from Canada. Pretty scarry stuff. The thing is how do you stop this. I mean birds fly all over the World. It isn't only the ones that come through airports!

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:47 am

I thought it only involved with chickens. :? :?

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:37 am

LennyeTran wrote:I thought it only involved with chickens. :? :?
The birds that tested postitive here were pigeons.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:41 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:I thought it only involved with chickens. :? :?
The birds that tested postitive here were pigeons.
I thought it only happened in Asia and affected all the chickens :oops: .

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6341
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya

Post by Dixie » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:27 pm

I think many people are exaggerating about the whole thing. My grandma, today, for example. She had lunch with us, my mom told her there was some chicken left from yesterday and she said: "DON'T BUY CHICKEN!!!!!!" :roll:

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Post by ahmads » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:08 pm

I don't eat CHICKEN much.
when I heard :the Bird flu reach to TURKEY ...
>>>>I must don't eat it any more

Dixie I ENVY you at your grandma....... :P

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:54 am

ahmads wrote:I don't eat CHICKEN much.
when I heard :the Bird flu reach to TURKEY ...
>>>>I must don't eat it any more

Dixie I ENVY you at your grandma....... :P
It shouldn't affect frozen chicken should it? :shock:

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Post by ahmads » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:22 am

How are you shazzam1452?
It shouldn't affect frozen chicken should it?
yes :lol: :lol: :lol: so I shoudn't eat frozen chicken too :lol:

I have a question??
How it can reach to human body?

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:06 pm

shazzam1452 wrote: It shouldn't affect frozen chicken should it? :shock:
When we were in Asia, my mom didn't really want us to eat chickens because she was paranoid of that thing. Then when we came back to the States, she wouldn't let us eat chickens for a while, too. I told her to not worry about about it since most chickens in the States aren't farm-raised; they're antibiotics-raised :lol: . She told me I was talking nonsense; however, she started to buy chickens again. I guess she'd rather eat an antibiotics-raised chicken than a run-around-in-a-farm-without-antibiotics-in-body chicken. :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:50 pm

ahmads wrote:How are you shazzam1452?
It shouldn't affect frozen chicken should it?
yes :lol: :lol: :lol: so I shoudn't eat frozen chicken too :lol:

I have a question??
How it can reach to human body?
Hi Ahmads I'm not sure about that either. I don't even think the researchers are; thats why that are having difficulty with vaccines. The strain can change dramatically so what they have today won't be any good tomorro. :(

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:51 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: It shouldn't affect frozen chicken should it? :shock:
When we were in Asia, my mom didn't really want us to eat chickens because she was paranoid of that thing. Then when we came back to the States, she wouldn't let us eat chickens for a while, too. I told her to not worry about about it since most chickens in the States aren't farm-raised; they're antibiotics-raised :lol: . She told me I was talking nonsense; however, she started to buy chickens again. I guess she'd rather eat an antibiotics-raised chicken than a run-around-in-a-farm-without-antibiotics-in-body chicken. :lol: :lol:
Similar thing in Australia Lenny. :lol: We have arnie chooks too. :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:51 pm

I'll bet Lenny doesn't know what a chook is!!

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:01 am

danyet wrote:I'll bet Lenny doesn't know what a chook is!!
Enlighten me, Danny darling :wink: .

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Post by Danyet » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:13 am

A chook is how an Aussie refers to a hen. This is very common expression.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:23 am

danyet wrote:A chook is how an Aussie refers to a hen. This is very common expression.
Oh thank you darling. The word was so hard; I didn't know it myself. Thank you so much for your explanation. Thank you. *Kiss, kiss, kiss*... Is this how you wanted to hear? :lol:

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:31 am

danyet wrote:A chook is how an Aussie refers to a hen. This is very common expression.
Actually it isn't only used to describe a hen. It also used as a term of endearment: "Hello chook" (in place of sweetie or love). It is also used to describe a silly act: "you chook". :lol: :lol:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:00 am

danyet wrote:I'll bet Lenny doesn't know what a chook is!!
You sound like my jackass boyfriend. This is his favorite line, "I bet you don't know blah blah blah is" :x . Gosh, I might look pretty cute, but I ain't dumb :lol: .

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1196
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Post by Shazzam » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:53 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
danyet wrote:I'll bet Lenny doesn't know what a chook is!!
You sound like my jackass boyfriend. This is his favorite line, "I bet you don't know blah blah blah is" :x . Gosh, I might look pretty cute, but I ain't dumb :lol: .
Lenny I don't think Danyet was trying to be sarcastic; not many people know what a 'chook' is. I didn't think of it until after I posted to this thread. It just comes naturally to say 'chook' instead of chicken.

Danyet lived in Australia for quite some time, so he obviously is aware of the 'slang words' that we use here.

Please don't be insulted by what he said. After I read the post I realised that you may have taken him the wrong way.

Really it is my fault I should have explained the definition better; so everyone could understand what I meant. :oops:

P.S. I bet your boyfriend isn't a 'jackass' you love him; and he sounds from previous posts to be a very nice guy. You have to hang on to those; there isn't too many nice guys around... :lol:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:32 am

Shazzam wrote:Lenny I don't think Danyet was trying to be sarcastic; not many people know what a 'chook' is. I didn't think of it until after I posted to this thread. It just comes naturally to say 'chook' instead of chicken.
I didn't think he was, but it's funny to me because the way he said was similar to my boyfriend's. And yes, he is a jackass; however, his jackass ain't jack*** with nobody else's ass because he belongs to me. Well, I ain't worried that much since no bee-yatch is a competitor :lol: . I know what I'm having, and I know how to keep what I'm having :wink: .

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Post by ahmads » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:34 pm

We have a big problem ..... :roll:

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1150
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Post by Tora » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:13 pm

I want to bring that topic to life..
I guess now it's my turn to worry... Spreading bird flu in Dagestan (one of the south republics in Russia) and some other regions around Krasnodar (russian south town)...
The majority of chicken found their death are home raised or bred for their meat on public farms... :? No people hurt... yet...
The authorirites claim that there is no reason to worry about, we have the vaccine for both human and chicken! I hardly believe them... They say the only way to evade the desease is to eat well-done meat and not to have any relationship with alive chicken!
Leaving in Moscow (not in the countryside) I hope I can evade it... But anyhow i worry and feel a bit embarassed... Something disasterous happening in Europe and Asia and no one can sop it!

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1150
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Post by Tora » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:23 pm

me again... today our authorities've started vaccination birds from the moscow zoo! hooray! although i'm not sure it will help to stop the pandemia! By the way, fortunately no human deaths and cases of being infected for the last days! 8) :?

User avatar
Cucumber
Silver Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:14 pm
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshere, UK

Post by Cucumber » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:44 pm

Tora wrote:me again... today our authorities've started vaccination birds from the moscow zoo! hooray! although i'm not sure it will help to stop the pandemia! By the way, fortunately no human deaths and cases of being infected for the last days! 8) :?
I would like to tell about panic and absurdity in connection with.
there was a dead crow fond in one city of Latvia. It was using three fire-engines and police For removal of the deceased . It's plain truth!

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1150
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Post by Tora » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:49 pm

Cucumber wrote:
Tora wrote:me again... today our authorities've started vaccination birds from the moscow zoo! hooray! although i'm not sure it will help to stop the pandemia! By the way, fortunately no human deaths and cases of being infected for the last days! 8) :?
I would like to tell about panic and absurdity in connection with.
there was a dead crow fond in one city of Latvia. It was using three fire-engines and police For removal of the deceased . It's plain truth!
everyone is worried so there's no need to talk about the importance of following safety rules! they did their best to prevent consequet cases!

User avatar
Cucumber
Silver Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:14 pm
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshere, UK

Post by Cucumber » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:02 pm

HeHeHe! It's one veterinary surgeon is enough! Crow isn't so heavy :lol: :lol: :lol:

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Post by ahmads » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:06 am

ok....we don't have any cases untill now in jordan .
I'm afraid ..But it will not reach to panic .
in like those cases the panic is bad , maybe somebody dies from panic .
so ...don't worry guys ..live without panic :lol:

Post Reply