Riots in France 6 Days, So Far!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Riots in France 6 Days, So Far!

Post by Danyet »

Are you aware of the riots going on in a suburb of Paris, France for the past five days? Apparently, a couple of Muslim youths who thought they were being pursued by the police figured it would be a good idea to scale the wall of an electrical relay station and touch transformers. They electrocuted themselves, and somehow the Muslim community has managed to blame the cops for this. Riiiiight. Actually I have heard that about 20 towns are involved now.

“Iran is backing and assisting the riots in France. And it’s whole lot worse than the MSM is letting on, with car dealerships being burned down and commuter trains being stopped and pelted with rocks. What’s odd is that MSM is mentioning the ethnicity of the rioter — Muslim — in most of their stories until much later.”

http://israelamerica.net/
http://nationalvanguard.org/story.php?id=6713
Last edited by Danyet on Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

This is not really a new news to me since they've done something like this.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Riots have now continued for eight days in and around Paris. Thursday night, November 3, Muslim rioters burned 315 cars. In the previous week, they torched 177 vehicles and burned numerous businesses, a post office, and two schools. They have rampaged through twenty towns and shot at police and firemen. In an episode that summed up the failure of France’s efforts to create a domestic, domesticated Islam, when moderate Muslim leader Dalil Boubakeur, head of the Paris mosque, tried to restore calm, his car was pelted with stones and he had to rush away.

The riots began on October 27 when two Muslim teenagers ran from police who were checking identification papers — why they ran is as yet unclear. The police did not chase them.
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Night 10
900 cars have been burned now. Two primary schools have recently been burned. The violence has now spread to the center of Paris where molotoff cocktails have been thrown and cars burned. It is said that 40 neighbourhoods have been attacked. So much for the "multicultural experiment".
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

all rioters are muslims ,,
oh my god :lol: :lol: :lol:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

ahmads wrote:all rioters are muslims ,,
oh my god :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, I see, so you think that they are ''French youths,'' huh? You mean Pierre and Jacques and Marcel and Alphonse?
Granted that most of the "youths" are technically citizens of the French Republic, it doesn't take much time in les banlieus of Paris to discover that the rioters do not think of their primary identity as ''French'': They're young men from North Africa growing ever more estranged from the broader community with each passing year and wedded ever more intensely to an assertive Muslim identity more implacable than anything you're likely to find in the Middle East.
Or is it because they are mostly from North Africa and their skin is darker than yours that you won't count them as your Muslim brothers? I realize, of course, as did Malcolm X, that Arab Muslims have a propensity for treating Black Muslims as "second class Muslims".
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

We are only starting to get new coverage on this now. Better late than never! The destruction is terrible; locals are in fear and have taken to the streets in an attempt to stop these young people. :cry:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

More than 1400 cars have been burned so far in France, or so the TV said. There's a programme on the Catalan television right now where there's a debate about immigrant muslims.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

The news reports this morning: rioters shot and wounded police and torched 1,400 vehicles in the worst violence since unrest erupted in France's poor suburbs 11 days ago. A man beaten by a youth become the first fatality.

It must be like living in a nightmare. In cases like this I agree with Danyet people over there should be able to arm themselves; I mean, this is a WAR! :cry: :(

I found these reports frightening because I could see this happening so easily in some of the western suburbs of Sydney. People don't think about it much here; but it could errupt very easily with all the tension out there. I'm sure there are other countries with similar issues that are watching the footage on this situation with fear. :shock: :shock:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Rioting Spreads to 300 Towns in France, Belgium and Germany

Check this out! http://standeyo.com/NEWS/05_World/05110 ... riots.html
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

danyet wrote:Rioting Spreads to 300 Towns in France, Belgium and Germany

Check this out! http://standeyo.com/NEWS/05_World/05110 ... riots.html
This violence is like a virus. It happens everywhere. A couple of years ago in the Western Suburbs of Sydney the same thing happened in a place called "Macquarie Fields." This was after police sought a criminal. The whole community (of youths) took to the streets and started fires etc. This activity went on for three days. Many police officers were injured performing their duties.

Eventually they managed to get the situation under control.

Believe it or not these people weren't Muslim, Catholics, etc (in other words it had nothing to do with religion or politics). This was a group of youths that felt that the criminal being sought (a friend of theres; was a legend)! :twisted: :twisted: It was basically an act of defiance against the local constabulary.

What is annoying about this sort of behaviour is the selfishness of their behaviour, their are no concessions made for families in the community. :evil: :twisted: :roll:

These youths were all unemployed; personally I think they were bored! :twisted: Imagine that! GET A JOB!!!!!!! :twisted:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

From what I saw there were a lot of un-nice people in areas of Sydney's western suburbs. The local surfers called them "Westie warts". My car was stolen and then left in "westiesville" twice.
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

If you want to see the news you must take it from all sides,
I hate rioting and I hate violating ,I admit there are muslims and many people from another religion ,but I think if you all are following the news you must know this rioting doesn't relate to any religion there is another thing ...
but there are many people who see news ; from side that
they like
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

ahmads wrote:If you want to see the news you must take it from all sides,
I hate rioting and I hate violating ,I admit there are muslims and many people from another religion ,but I think if you all are following the news you must know this rioting doesn't relate to any religion there is another thing ...
they like
:? That is what I was saying ahmads. The riots that took place in Sydney were local unemployed idiots. It had nothing to do with religion or politics. The problem is that a large majority of the riots around the world are based on religion; you can't deny that. :shock: It is very unfortunate. This is why so many young people are steering away from religion; you can't blame them really!

I think that is why Australian's get on so well. Religion isn't a big part of the Australian way of life. It isn't that people here don't go to Church etc; but we don't let it rule who we are. 8)
ahmads
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ahmads »

Shazzam wrote:
ahmads wrote:If you want to see the news you must take it from all sides,
they like
:? That is what I was saying ahmads. The riots that took place in Sydney were local unemployed idiots. It had nothing to do with religion or politics. The problem is that a large majority of the riots around the world are based on religion; you can't deny that. :shock: It is very unfortunate. This is why so many young people are steering away from religion; you can't blame them really!

I think that is why Australian's get on so well. Religion isn't a big part of the Australian way of life. It isn't that people here don't go to Church etc; but we don't let it rule who we are. 8)
yes Shazzam,,,I understood you,and I agree with you .
You have grandson now ,,let him grow up with good relationship with god ..Best wished to you and your grandson. :wink:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Then perhaps you would like a French source
Amir Taheri is editor of the French quarterly Politique internationale.

Why Paris is Burning
By Amir Taheri
New York Post | November 11, 2005

As the night falls, the "troubles" start.and the pattern is always the same. Bands of youths in balaclavas start by setting fire to parked cars, break shop windows with baseball bats, wreck public telephones and ransack cinemas, libraries and schools. When the police arrive on the scene, the rioters attack them with stones, knives and baseball bats. The police respond by firing tear-gas grenades and, on occasions, blank shots in the air. Sometimes the youths fire back.with real bullets.

These scenes are not from the West Bank but from 20 French cities, mostly close to Paris, that have been plunged into a European version of the intifada. How did it all start? The accepted account is that sometime last week, a group of young boys in Clichy engaged in one of their favorite sports: stealing parts of parked cars. Normally, nothing dramatic would have happened, as the police have not been present in that suburb for years.

The problem came when one of the inhabitants telephoned the police and reported the thieving spree. The police were thus obliged to do something.

Once the police arrived on the scene, the youths.who had been reigning over Clichy pretty unmolested for years got really angry. A brief chase took place in the street, and two of the youths, who were not actually chased by the police, sought refuge in a cordoned-off area housing a power pylon.

Both were electrocuted. Once news of their deaths was out, Clichy was all up in arms. With cries of "God is great," bands of youths armed with whatever they could get hold of went on a rampage and forced the police to flee. The French authorities could not allow a band of youths to expel the police from French territory. So they hit back.sending in Special Forces, known as the CRS, with armored cars and tough rules of engagement.

Within hours, the original cause of the incidents was forgotten and the issue jelled around a demand by the representatives of the rioters that the French police leave the "occupied territories." By midweek, the riots had spread to three of the provinces neighboring Paris, with a population of 5.5 million.

But who lives in the affected areas? In Clichy itself, more than 80 percent of the inhabitants are Muslim immigrants or their children, mostly from Arab and black Africa. In other affected towns, the Muslim immigrant community accounts for 30 percent to 60 percent of the population. But these are not the only figures that matter. Average unemployment in the affected areas is estimated at around 30 percent and, when it comes to young would-be workers, reaches 60 percent. In these suburban towns.people live in crammed conditions, sometimes several generations in a tiny apartment, and see "real French life" only on television.

The French used to flatter themselves for the success of their policy of assimilation, which was supposed to turn immigrants from any background into "proper Frenchmen" within a generation at most. Assimilation, however, cannot work when in most schools in the affected areas, fewer than 20 percent of the pupils are native French speakers. In some areas, it is possible for an immigrant or his descendants to spend a whole life without ever encountering the need to speak French. The result is often alienation. And that.gives radical Islamists an opportunity to propagate their message of religious and cultural apartheid.

Some are even calling for the areas where Muslims form a majority of the population to be reorganized on the basis of the "millet" system of the Ottoman Empire: Each religious community (millet) would enjoy the right to organize its social, cultural and educational life in accordance with its religious beliefs. In parts of France, a de facto millet system is already in place. In these areas, all women are obliged to wear the standardized Islamist "hijab" while most men grow their beards to the length prescribed by the sheiks. The radicals have managed to chase away French shopkeepers selling alcohol and pork products, forced "places of sin," such as dancing halls, cinemas and theaters, to close down, and seized control of much of the local administration.

President Jacques Chirac and Premier de Villepin are especially sore because they had believed that their opposition to the toppling of Saddam Hussein in 2003 would give France a heroic image in the Muslim community. That illusion has now been shattered. It is now clear that a good portion of France's Muslims not only refuse to assimilate into "the superior French culture," but firmly believe that Islam offers the highest forms of life to which all mankind should aspire.

So what is the solution? One solution, offered by Gilles Kepel.is the creation of "a new Andalusia" in which Christians and Muslims would live side by side and cooperate to create a new cultural synthesis. The problem with Kepel's vision, however, is that it does not address the important issue of political power. Who will rule this new Andalusia: Muslims or the largely secularist Frenchmen? Suddenly, French politics has become worth watching again, even though for the wrong reasons.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I take it the riots have stopped. How many days did it go on for? There hasn't been any more coverage here :idea: :?:
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

The last I heard a few days ago, there was only 98 cars burned that night. That was decribed as being "normal" for France. :roll: