US. army kills famlies in Iraq

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Unknownsu wrote:
How can it be prejudice when it's real since this person is stating what he saw and believed? CNN interviewed two former guards at the prison who did not partake in any of the torture rituals and found that these two guys wake up screaming every night to what they saw in the Iraqi prison. One can't even consider himself American anymore.

If you are going to torture (both mentally and physically) another human being for your own pleasure, you forfeit your right as a human being.
Okay, let's try this example, shall we?
From reading your posts, I can tell Violet, you, Chet Baker, greatJim, Triumph, Tonyyoung and other Chinese members of this board are smart; therefore, can I say all Chinese people are smart? What about other Chinese people who are just as dumb as a brick like the rest of the dumb people in this world? My example is exactly like what he's doing. He based his belief on pictures of some Americans who have degraded themselves as a human being. It has nothing to do with being an American or not; we're talking about one human being tortured another. However, he generalized the whole population of American based on the actions of some Americans. I call it prejudice.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Stereotypes and prejudice will always be part of this world no matter how hard we try to eradicate it and I agree with you. But I was aiming specifically at the American soldiers who tortured the numerous prisoners.

Btw, I'm not smart. I belong to the group of brick brains.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Unknownsu wrote:Stereotypes and prejudice will always be part of this world no matter how hard we try to eradicate it and I agree with you. But I was aiming specifically at the American soldiers who tortured the numerous prisoners.

Btw, I'm not smart. I belong to the group of brick brains.
Oh don't flatter yourself. I was just trying to make my point. :lol: :lol:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

You brick brain! Please understand, I'm just trying to flatter you. :oops:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Unknownsu wrote:You brick brain! Please understand, I'm just trying to flatter you. :oops:
:shock: .... I can't speak! There is no word to describe how I'm feeling right now.... You apologize to me right now or....
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

ohh, what's up guys!!!!

calm down!!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

LennyeTran wrote:
Unknownsu wrote:You brick brain! Please understand, I'm just trying to flatter you. :oops:
:shock: .... I can't speak! There is no word to describe how I'm feeling right now.... You apologize to me right now or....
...or what?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Unknownsu wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:
...or what?
Still thinking... but definitely something bad will happen. Be prepared if you don't apologize. Do it now. Do it now. Do it now. Now. Now. Now.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I have just had a read of some of the posts here. I must admit I would like someone to show me a country who's soldiers haven't committed some kind of war crime in WAR TIME. I think it would be difficult.

The hard thing is that countries send their soldiers into these places with instructions, sometimes during the course of a situation peoples minds change and bad things happen. I would say that all countries have soldiers that haven't always behaved as they should during WAR. :cry:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:I have just had a read of some of the posts here. I must admit I would like someone to show me a country who's soldiers haven't committed some kind of war crime in WAR TIME. I think it would be difficult.

The hard thing is that countries send their soldiers into these places with instructions, sometimes during the course of a situation peoples minds change and bad things happen. I would say that all countries have soldiers that haven't always behaved as they should during WAR. :cry:
For example, Germany. Let's talk about what they did to Jewish people, and we'll see American soldiers are just the same. But American people who haven't done a dar** thing to those people would be left out. Generalization kills our moral ethics!
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

LennyeTran wrote:
Shazzam wrote:I have just had a read of some of the posts here. I must admit I would like someone to show me a country who's soldiers haven't committed some kind of war crime in WAR TIME. I think it would be difficult.

For example, Germany. Let's talk about what they did to Jewish people, and we'll see American soldiers are just the same. But American people who haven't done a dar** thing to those people would be left out. Generalization kills our moral ethics!
The statement I made Lenny isn't a generalisation it is a fact. If you read any of the transcripts from WW1 and WW2 and Vietnam you will see that atrocities happened, it is just a fact. My country isn't totally innocent in this regard either. Some soldiers just lost it and behaved in a manner unbecoming their uniforms, just a fact. To say that it doesn't happen is naive.
northernwolf

Re: US. army kills famlies in Iraq

Post by northernwolf »

mr_Love wrote:Every day we hear news like this....

the amircan army kills ineccent people ...

i dont know why you donts see this news!!!!

your media is hiding the truth of Iraq

yaster day : and Amircan solders fired a bus which was talking a family to theri relative,,

women and kids were in it, and the father who is the driver,,

all of them died, only one young boy,, who watched his family ding in from of his eyes....
I really don't think see the war in the iraq in the TV,why the place need the war settle the religion problem and rule problem!!
I hope the peace in every corner in the world !!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Shazzam wrote:
The statement I made Lenny isn't a generalisation it is a fact. If you read any of the transcripts from WW1 and WW2 and Vietnam you will see that atrocities happened, it is just a fact. My country isn't totally innocent in this regard either. Some soldiers just lost it and behaved in a manner unbecoming their uniforms, just a fact. To say that it doesn't happen is naive.
I was talking about the other post, which he made a generalization. That's why it was wrong to me because generalization kills.
quykvfortech

Post by quykvfortech »

I'm Quyvk
I'm from Viet nam and I'm Vietnamese
By radio, TV and Internet I known war in Iraq
I think this is invade of American in Iraq