tragedy in Silesia

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

tragedy in Silesia

Post by hereiam »

When whole world cares only about US war on Iraq :
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060123/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq
in my native Silesia the roof of one of exhibition halls collapsed and at this moment 60 people is dead.
We have national mourning in Poland.
International postal-pigeons exhibition was held in the hall were about 700 people were present yesterday about 5.00 p.m. when the flat roof started to crack with a big noise and finanlly broke into two halves at the centre catching plenty of people inside.
Temperature during this night was about 17 Cejlsjus centigrades below zero. So people who got stucked under masses of snow (the official reason of tragedy was a thick layer of snow lying on the roof) got frozen during night and this way the last alived person was dug up yesterday at 10.00 p.m.
Damn postal-pigeons - really!:(
And my region it is historical that plenty of people are total maniacs of these pigeons. Probably because our postal services are so bad!:(
Hmmm....
Have a nice day.
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

I don't know about the US so I can't comment, but I reckon most people have heard this news story. I fell so sorry for those families. Trust me the worlds heart does go out to these people. It is such a tragedy. :cry:
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

thanks for your post.

Post by hereiam »

Well.. at this moment 65 people is found dead.
But I think total number will surely increase:(.
What also worries me very much is that my new (next!!!)Prime Minister stated that any international aid is required. Really?Any??? Are such a superpower or what??? I haven't had any idea till now:( Interesting:(
On the other hand - don't go into these all modern halls in the winter dear Shazzam. Europe is such a strange continent that 200 years old palaces or churches don't collapse and 6 years old exhibition halls bury 100 people under their roof becasue of snow:(
Have a nice day:)
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

CNN news

Post by hereiam »

Hello again,
I would like Poland would be present in world media becasue of much more cheerful pieces of news but I hope international organisations won't forget about people in need (some foreigners are victims too) in spite of next, stupid Polish prime minister:(
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/01 ... index.html
Have a nice day:)
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

You are right hereiam, US news is self centered but
I heard about this terrible tradgedy yesterday. It disturbs me.
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

hello US

Post by hereiam »

I am really happy you care about our tragedy. So many people got hurt. US is self-centred like everyone. I don't try neither defend nor accuse anyone. I only cannot believe that Silesian hospitals have so many medicaments that we don't need any help from outside. But probably it is truth cause like I am told our hospitals have got accustomed to victims of mining tragedies. You know - from time to time 5-6 people dead deep beneath the surface still. A burst of gases or other explosion. Just hard life:(
Besides Silesia is still one of most civilised areas of Poland.
People give blood. It is reallt beautiful thing.
Last year this time I was writing e-mails with someone from US.
This guy was great. I liked writing with him.
I tried to help him with an on-line course "how to cope with depression" but I think I failed. Finally next forum was dismantled:(. Very bad.
But what is even worse on this great forum that I like browsing till today I cannot find any on-line course of "how to cope after being a victim of mobbing in job".
It would be such a great thing to me to take such a course to the court and show it to judges crying how much I was hurt there.
Today I even wrote to two Polish on-line psychologists but I wonder if they will write me back at all! They are so damn expansive here!:(
The free course would suit me better for sure!!!
If you want you can write to me - but note how old are you, please. It is rather embarrassing to me to exchange e-mails with 15 years old about life. Cause I do think they should rather learn!
:(
hereiam
PS. God - so for the next three days in my cold and sad country we have another national mourning. And German Pope speaks in Polish his words of comfort for the victims in Silesia.
His Polish is better and better... it is really easy to understand him though generally Polish is nothing easy at all!!!
Some people cry over dead expensive pigeons......... etc.
Life is so sad, so sad.......:(((
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

Many people people in USA do care about the suffering of the Poles. Afterall, do not forget that there are very many Polish immigrants who live in America.
hereiam
Rising Star
Rising Star

yeeeeees

Post by hereiam »

I do think that US should care about his best ally in Iraq:(.
Well...but truly speaking I mean being sincere give my two kicks to all Polish immigrants in US.
Because they are very stupid people.
Really:(.
I am trying to find few sparks of hope exchanging some views with some of them here and there but what I can see is only bigger and bigger hopelessness. So sometimes I do wonder who represents me abroad and I come to sad conclusion that the worst idiots left this country! Indeed!:(
And thus my "God bless America!" sounds the louder:(
Sad my true my dear:(