Il Piccolo Tommaso and death penalty

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Il Piccolo Tommaso and death penalty

Post by Dixie »

Has anybody heard about the story of this little Italian toddler? He was kidnapped and then murdered just because he was crying.

You know, I always claim I am against death penalty, but when I hear such cases I just feel like changing my mind.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4868988.stm
Last edited by Dixie on Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

Oh my god... I haven't... sometimes i think how these beasts can live after what they've done... they must be insane
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Il Piccolo Tommaso and death penalty

Post by Unknownsu »

Dixie wrote:Has anybody heard about the story of this little Italian toddler? He was kidnapped and then murdered just because he was crying.
Oh my Buddha! Some kids are annoying but killing them to silence them?? That is messed up.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:Has anybody heard about the story of this little Italian toddler? He was kidnapped and then murdered just because he was crying.

You know, I always claim I am against death penalty, but when I hear such cases I just feel like changing my mind.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4868988.stm
I don't understand it. They kidnapped him to kill him because he cried too much, or they kidnapped him for ransom, but then they found out he cried too much so they killed him? :? :?
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

OMG!! This is so sad! They should've just taken the boy back if they had killed him within an hour of his abduction... just say a little lie and no one would've noticed. But killing him!!! :shock: I would go for the idea of reinstating the death penalty just for them! :evil: :x
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote: I don't understand it. They kidnapped him to kill him because he cried too much, or they kidnapped him for ransom, but then they found out he cried too much so they killed him? :? :?
They kidnapped him to demand money from his father. Moreover, the kid was ill and he needed his medicine. As he started crying, they tried to silence him and killed him.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

After he was taken, the toddler's parents appeared on television in an appeal to the kidnappers, saying their son desperately needed medicine to control his epileptic seizures.

I wish the news would have given more details about this part. I mean, did the parents just say epileptic seizures or they described the boy's condition on TV? I bet you those murders didn't know what epileptic seizures meant, and maybe they were too stupid to think he didnt' do it on purpose. :x
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

I heard that the moronic kidnappers killed the baby just so he wouldn't alert the police!! People are sick!!!!!!! Who would kidnap a BABY!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

danyet wrote:I heard that the moronic kidnappers killed the baby just so he wouldn't alert the police!! People are sick!!!!!!! Who would kidnap a BABY!
Apparently his father is rich and they wanted money.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Officers were led to his body by one of three suspects they arrested, a builder who had worked for the family.

You just can't trust anyone nowsaday, can you? :cry:
JainaSolo

Post by JainaSolo »

Dixie wrote:
Apparently his father is rich and they wanted money.
I'm not completely sure, but I think I've read in a newspaper that Tommy's parents are not rich, they both work in a post office and his father is the director. In fact the police at first excluded that the boy had been kidnapped for money, they believed that it was something like a personal revenge on Tommaso's father.
loosy

Post by loosy »

This case reminded me of the Lindburg (spelling?) baby. Another kidnapping gone bad.

My mother told me the story a couple of days ago and I've got to admit, I'd like to take a baseball bat to the mosters who would beat up a toddler just because the terrified boy was crying.

Then again, worst things happen everyday, all around the world. <sighs>

*loosy*
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

And I've heard that some babysitters would drug the kids if they cry too much. I can't remember where I've read that news.....
Danyet
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Danyet »

loosy wrote: I'd like to take a baseball bat to the mosters who would beat up a toddler just because the terrified boy was crying.
YOU would not be able to because I would do it to them first.