Pope Benedict in Germany

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Pope Benedict in Germany

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:17 pm

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:32 pm

I'm gonna check out what he said in Germany since Islamic leaders are angry and demanding him to apologize.

Pope said to be upset Muslims offended

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:47 pm

Byzantine emperor who characterized some of the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad as "evil and inhuman," particularly "his command to spread by the sword the faith."

Here we have an example of how even the Ancient people knew that Islam was evil.

I am beginning to like this Pope afterall. :lol: :lol:

Now we have all these stupid Muslims parading in their streets, vandalizing churches etc., again. What a pack of morons!!! I can hardly contain my laughter.
Time for a napalm party, methinks!

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:54 pm

Two churches have been hit by firebombs. I wonder how this whole thing is gonna turn out since these words (still don't know what they are) came from the head of the Church of Christianity. Again, more bloodshedding for humankind because of religion!!!!!

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:00 pm

So this is what he said? :? :shock:

Quoting a 14th-century Byzantine emperor on the Prophet Mohammed, founder of the Muslim faith, the head of the Roman Catholic Church said: "He said, I quote, 'Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached.'"

New York Times denounces pope's remarks on Islam

Admiral

Postby Admiral » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:32 pm

The pope should apologize, but he doesn't.
You see the pope is racist, too.

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:17 pm

Admiral wrote:The pope should apologize, but he doesn't.
You see the pope is racist, too.

I heard today that he CAN'T admit he was wrong, according to some stupid rules. The Pope can't apologize!!!!!!!! How ridiculous they are, gosh!

But, regardless of whether he was wrong or not, those muslims are just nuts. Look what they're doing, just because of a few words from an old man! My goodness, where's this world going?

I wish all religions would vanish from the Earth and start living in peace!

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:21 pm

Since he has said nothing racist what does he have to apologize for?

Perhaps it is time that you pulled your head out of your donkey and realized that it is Muslims who are bombing churches not the Pope.

Admiral

Postby Admiral » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:23 pm

You know what? Your pope is nuts, Muslim terrorist are nuts, Bush is nuts, and everybody submitting to one of them is nuts, too.

Admiral

Postby Admiral » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:29 pm

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

Karl Marx, Critique of Hegel's Philosophy of Right
German economist & Communist political philosopher (1818 - 1883)

danyet, you are only blaiming what your nation has created by itself.

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:53 pm

Oh I see, the pope makes a historically accurate statement. The Muslims go on a rampage and blow things up.

And you blame it on America.

Then to top it off, you quote of all people, Karl Marx.

I am amazed that your pee brain has vocal capabilities.
I would ask you how you made the connection between the Pope and USA but I'm afraid your response would be just as shallow.

Admiral

Postby Admiral » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:35 pm

The connection between them is that they all have prejudice because of religion.

The pope has prejudice against Muslims, (as I heard it in the new, maybe the news exaggerate it) the terrorists have prejudice aginst American nation, Bush has prejudice aginst the islamic nations, and these prejudices are based on religion. I think religion is nothing else than an illusion or dream, and they all make decisions based on a dream.

If you eat opium to much, you also dream. That's the connection to Marx.

I have to say sorry, maybe the root of this crisis between religion has been existed already before America.

sorry

ahmads
Platinum Member

Postby ahmads » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:32 pm

if the pope wants to talk about what is named by the the religious violence he must talk about The Christian Wars against Islam in the middle centuries ..
and israel occupation of palestine
by the name of jewish religion and killing thousands of people,,
and he must talk about what do Bush and a huge part of his supporters in america believe about the war of the end day that between evil""Islam ""and good""jewish"".
this war is the powerful reason that makes Bush supports jews .((crazy))

so 1-he wants to insult islam """ I think no,, because the ex-pope was a good man and I witness the ex-pope did a very good things,,and the current pope must be like the ex-pope because he must reflect Christianity""
2- he is very old man to think ,,so vatican must put a young pope"""
Last edited by ahmads on Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffcox
Gold Member

Postby jeffcox » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:35 pm

I think that the Pope should be better advised about what he says. On the other hand, sometimes we say things that are misinterpreted by those who hear.

It shows how volitile and sensitive the whole situation is.

The Pope was condemned without anyone asking him what his message was, what he meant to say. Muslims demand an apology, not one - as far as Iknow - has asked for clarification about what the Pope meant to say.

I think he was refering to the violence and hate that is present in religion, or for which, religion is an excuse; you choose which one.

In this sense, I agree with him. Violence there has been in both religions, throughout our history; violence on both sides - neither religion is clean on this issue.

I loved the words by French President Jacques Chirac
"We must avoid making any link between Islam, which is a great, respected and respectable religion, and radical Islamism, which is a totally different activity and one of a political nature"

Respect for the Indonesians, we could learn a lot from their protest.
"About 100 Indonesian Muslims protested peacefully over the Pope's remarks outside the Vatican embassy in Jakarta on Monday."

LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

The catholic Pope apologises again?! oh no - boring!:(

Postby LadyMacbeth » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:27 pm

I think that Catholic Church apologised enough hor its sins. We can hear or read here and there - Catholic Church apologises for this... or Catholic Church apologises for that... I hope to hear on the radion on TV that muslim world apologises for all these suiciders who are still killing and hurt many of innocent people who don't want to suicide themselves at all.
Thus personally I will switch off the channel when I will see Catholic Pope apologising anyone for anything again:(
Sad but true.

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:35 pm

Dixie wrote:
I heard today that he CAN'T admit he was wrong, according to some stupid rules. The Pope can't apologize!!!!!!!! How ridiculous they are, gosh!

Yes, they can. Some Popes have apologized for what other Popes did in the past. There is no such rule that a Pope can't apologize.

He just didn't wanna apologize because what he said wasn't wrong. He didn't make it up by himself; he quoted someone's words. What seems wrong to me is that his motive. He said he wanted peace and build a bridge conntected Christianity and Islam. However, is it right to provoke someone's anger by telling them what they don't wanna hear?

If he quoted those words about them, which means he's already had his own image of them. Also, I don't think he didn't hear of the caricature incident. Just some guys drew some pictures, and the world was kinda upside down. They rampaged the streets and wanted to hang the guys who drew them. Now, those words were repeated from a mouth of the head of Roman Catholic Church. I don't think there is no one who wouldn't wanna kill him. What if those fanatics succeeded? And Catholics would do something back for a revenge. Blah blah blah blah... all the worst scenarios. Thus, the gap of hatred between Christianity and Islam will be even deeper and wider.

I wanna know his real motive behind this speech. I wanna know who helped him with this speech. I wanna know who's really behind this whole thing. Too many things I wanna know just from this nonsensical speech. :roll:

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:17 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Yes, they can. Some Popes have apologized for what other Popes did in the past. There is no such rule that a Pope can't apologize.

Well, that's what I heard on the news, that there was a rule according to which the Pope can never admit he has been wrong. :roll:

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:22 pm

I have no great love for the Pope or his religion but in this caae I agee with him.

When was the last time you saw a Catholic suicide bomber? Or catholics vandalizing Muslim churches for saying stupid stuff?

Even the Crusades against Muslims were self defense against Islamic aggression trying to convert Europe with their swords. Fortunately for the World the Crusaders pushed back Muslim powers back into the desert.

Imagine Europe now, if the Crusades did not happen. Dixie would be wearing a Burka!!! And there would be squablig between the Suni French and the Shiite Italians!! :lol: :lol:

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:26 pm

danyet wrote:Imagine Europe now, if the Crusades did not happen. Dixie would be wearing a Burka!!! And there would be squablig between the Suni French and the Shiite Italians!! :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No way!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:26 pm

Dixie wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:Yes, they can. Some Popes have apologized for what other Popes did in the past. There is no such rule that a Pope can't apologize.

Well, that's what I heard on the news, that there was a rule according to which the Pope can never admit he has been wrong. :roll:

That news is wrong because there is no rule a Pope can't apologize.

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:28 pm

LennyeTran wrote:That news is wrong because there is no rule a Pope can't apologize.

OK lady :twisted: :lol:

Return to “Current News”