Flooding in Burma

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Flooding in Burma

Post by wllsp »

A couple of days ago I watched a speech that was given by Lora Bush. She talked about flooding in Burma and insisted that the situation was urgent and required quick actions. I had some doubts about her sincerity, actually. I remember that not long ago there was the same urgent situation in New Orleans and the goverment of the USA handled the situation slowly and not well. Out of sudden they are ready for quick actions in Burma. To me it looks like the USA want to archive also some other untold goals in Burma along with helping people of Burma.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Flooding in Burma

Post by MissLT »

One positive thing: I like the way you used Burma instead of Myanmar. Now this is the negative: it's not the speech that is the problem (I have always assumed that the woman has no capability to write her own speech, but I give her full credit for being able to read off the speech someone writes for her to speak); you listened to her is the actual problem (no offense).

All that aside, I think the intention the U.S wanted to help Burma is because of the rice's price despite my uncle's outrageous disagreement. He thinks it's China that is messing up the market; I, on the other hand, think it's Burma's catastrophe that shortens the rice supplies. Thus, the price goes up. Whatever it is, I cannot wait for it to be over since I hate it every time my mom sings the same tune, "don't waste the rice. The rice's price is sky rocking right now." I got a huge lesson after telling her that I didn't even like rice so I didn't a ~. :lol:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

When my parents heard about flooding in Myanmar they asked again if it was Burma we all know. Such a statememnt of mine.

Probably US goverment consider Burmese one as true democratic. They did held the election without paying attention that they have dozen thousands of population lost. I suppose they must be at least judged for (which preposition, I forget :oops: ) not letting the help into the region and diminishing the number of people suffered.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Tora wrote:When my parents heard about flooding in Myanmar they asked again if it was Burma we all know. Such a statememnt of mine.

Probably US goverment consider Burmese one as true democratic. They did held the election without paying attention that they have dozen thousands of population lost. I suppose they must be at least judged for (which preposition, I forget :oops: ) not letting the help into the region and diminishing the number of people suffered.
They only allow their first and trustworthy China to have full access to the area. Speaking of China, they were having an earthquake last night or this morning. The death toll is rising, yet some bastards still say, "don't worry!!! The Olympic venues are okay." @#@$@#!!!! :roll:
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

The situation is quite close to a disaster. People are dying because of their government more than from a cyclon. And massacre is not counted, here we just talk about not helping and not letting others to help. Awful.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Tora wrote:The situation is quite close to a disaster. People are dying because of their government more than from a cyclon. And massacre is not counted, here we just talk about not helping and not letting others to help. Awful.
Wow, this is similar to what my grandma said on Saturday during our family dinner. She said those juntas have angered God (the concept of God in traditional Vietnamese belief, not the God in Christianity or other religions) because they beaten up and killed monks months ago and have treated their people like animals, and now they're punished. I told my grandma they are not punished, for they keep the best for themselves while their people get rotten food as aid. Also, they're not suffered from the cyclone; their people are. My grandma disagreed. To her, this is how they are suffered because she's expecting a protest from the people to overthrow the regime pretty soon, bringing democracy to Burma.