FREE Healthcare English Language Program

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, EC

ayunamurphy

FREE Healthcare English Language Program

Post by ayunamurphy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:26 pm

Healthcare English Language Program is developed under the Erasmus+ framework and supported by the European Union.

HELP project’s objective is to develop English language training materials especially for healthcare workers i.e. nurses, care home workers etc. The idea is that a lot of foreign nurses / healthcare workers do their training abroad but have found that their medical English specifically is not sufficient for working in English speaking countries. These materials will help to address this issue by providing additional materials specific to their jobs. They also report that they encounter some challenges in terms of intercultural differences i.e. religion etc. These differences will also be addressed by the HELP materials.

The following products are currently under the final development stage:

• Learning/teaching/training material
Learning/teaching/training content for formal, informal and non-formal study for healthcare professionals and students. Materials will come in a variety of formats to ensure maximum versatility i.e. media based, paper & printed and mobile devise accessible.
• HELP Learning Platform
This will be an online platform which will host the learning materials. It will contain PDFs of materials as well as audio-visual resources. It can be accessed online and via mobile devices. It will also encompass an online community of practice to help support and encourage learners / teachers.

This project and resultant outcomes will be of value to any non-native English speakers working, training or job searching for work in healthcare i.e. nurses, care workers etc.

Our aim is to make the materials as widely used as possible so if you feel you would use them, then we’d be delighted to provide you with them.

I am looking for a number of self-learners to test our product starting in September 2017. All materials are available free of charge as funded by the European funds under the Erasmus+ framework.

For more information please visit our project’s website http://help-theproject.eu/wordpress/.

If you have any other queries or would like to use the product please do not hesitate to contact me ayunamurphy@fit.ie

Thanks,
Ayuna Murphy