What is the latest book you have read recently?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

robertorbrt

Re: What is the latest book you have read recently?

Post by robertorbrt »

I've recently read Battlefield 3 The Russian by Andy McNab. It's a book about espionage and war. The book was based on a game also called Battlefield 3.
Nora

Post by Nora »

I love reading books; the last book I had read is called Final of a saga of 5 books that are: Hush Hush (The name of the saga) Crescendo, Silence, Finale and Kiss Me Deadly. The book is of Becca Fitzpatrick.
It’s explained by Nora Grey, a student of secondary in Coldwater, Mine. It goes about the love of Nora and Patch Cipriano; Patch is a Fallen Angel and Nora is a Nephilim, a Fallen Angel is an Angel that for an obscure reason has lost his wings and a Nephilim is the union of a human and a Fallen Angel. Although Nora is now a Nephilim she isn’t a pure one, but when a pure Nephilim has poured his blood in her veins he turned in a pure one. In the book is going to start a war between Fallen Angels and Nephilim because every Jeshvan the Fallen Angels can enter in Nephilim bodies and they do everything they want because the Fallen Angels haven’t got outside feelings only sentiments. Nora Grey is the key for all that because she has turned the leader of the Nephilim.
Kitsich

Post by Kitsich »

The Art of Loving by Erich Fromm
In his classic work, The Art of Loving, social philosopher Erich Fromm explores love in all its aspects—not only romantic love, steeped in false conceptions and lofty expectations, but also brotherly love, self-love, the love of God, and the love of parents for their children.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - Quotes On Moving On
Aleena

Post by Aleena »

Quran
JoeRawley

Post by JoeRawley »

Finally, I decided to sit down quietly, remember everything I read in the last 15 years, and make a list of my favorite books. To be honest, I have not read all the books from the list several times, but from each book I got an almost indescribable pleasure in the process of reading.
10. All Quiet on the Western Front, Erich Maria Remarque (novel)
9. Erich Maria Remarque "Life on loan" (novel)
8. Somerset Maugham's Theater (novel)
7. Stendhal "Red and Black" (novel)
6. Mikhail Lermontov "A Hero of Our Time" (novel)
5. Somerset Maugham "Burden of Human Passions" (novel)
4. Somerset Maugham "The Moon and the Penny" (novel)
3. Mikhail Bulgakov "The Master and Margarita" (novel)
2. Antoine de Saint-Exupery "The Little Prince" (story)
1. Oscar Wilde "Portrait of Dorian Gray" (novel)
I would advise everyone to read these ten works, if someone hasn’t done it yet. By the way, you can find a bunch of reviews for each of these on YouTube.
You can buy instagram followers to quickly increase their ammount.
KyLogan

Post by KyLogan »

I just finished reading Tommy Orange's There There. It is an absolutely fantastic work that speaks about the lives of Native Americans and their story of estrangement and displacement from America they knew to the USA that was built by white men. Going beyond the emotional and touching experience of the work, it is a historically important work in the new wave of literary resistance as a pioneering work of the New Native Renaissance. An absolutely engrossing piece of literature everyone must read, also, this is one work I'd recommend everyone to read for their young ones at home.
kellyf

Post by kellyf »

The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson

It's about the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, and also H.H. Holmes, who is considered the first serial killer in the post-industrial revolution age. There is a lot of information about the architecture of the time, which admittedly I knew nothing about before, but was absolutely fascinated with.
Gousin

Post by Gousin »

A star american tennis player Andre Agassi wrote a great book - "OPEN". If you are into sport, especially tennis, consider reading it before trying hard on your kids to make a professional athlete career. {-:
hazelcb

Post by hazelcb »

I am currently listening to a murder mystery on my Kindle while I am knitting. The murder mystery is Left Early, Took My Dog, by Kate Atkinson. Ms. Atkinson has written a series of murder mysteries starring Jackson Brody, who has been a policeman and then a private investigator. Ms. Atkinson writes beautifully and meditatively. She lets you into the minds of her characters. Her novels are much more than murder mysteries, and I highly recommend them.
valdis

Post by valdis »

The Great Gatsby!
KyLogan

Post by KyLogan »

Read a few of Murakami's works. The recent one was Norwegian Wood.
Astropower

Post by Astropower »

I have read many books recently, but the latest book I read was "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger :-D I found it to be an interesting and engaging read. The story is about a teenage boy named Holden Caulfield, who is struggling to deal with the death of his brother. Holden is extremely sulky and doesn't want to continue living in a world that contains so much pain. He decides to run away from home and live a life of adventures. Throughout the story, Holden struggles with many personal issues, including his own mental health. I found the book to be very relatable and thought-provoking. It's definitely worth a read if you're looking for something different. Do you read this book?
KyLogan

Post by KyLogan »

Currently, I'm reading the works of the Swiss Psychologist Jean Piaget on Transductive Reasoning - an erroneous method of thinking where a cause and effect relationship is drawn between two events that are not logically connected.
But if you ask for a single book, the recent one was Haruki Murakami's Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman.
Mr Greg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mr Greg »

jojoz wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:46 am I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, it is worth reading.
A classic!

Trying to read more, may get my hands on Tyson Fury's autobiography.
Tim Cahill

Post by Tim Cahill »

I had a similar situation, but not exactly exactly. I decided to try programs from the Internet and did not lose. I came across the wunderkiddy website, which helped me a lot. In a couple of weeks, my son began to make positive changes in his studies.

https://wunderkiddy.com/template/christmas-puppets