What is the latest book you have read recently?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, EC

Shimami

Post by Shimami » Mon May 14, 2007 9:10 am

Now I'm reading "A Good Yarn" by Debbie Macomber, which is the story about the woman opend a new yarn shop and knitting class then three women joined the knitting class. I have already read the former book "The Shop on Blossom Street" which was written before "A Good Yarn".
At first I wasn't interested in these books but "The New York Times bestselling author" or comments to these books on web made me purchased.
I want to read these novels, especially women.

Shimami

Post by Shimami » Tue May 15, 2007 3:19 am

>I want to read these novels, especially women.

Correction
>I want women to read these novels.

senphoi
Silver Member

books, books, books

Post by senphoi » Tue May 15, 2007 2:09 pm

oh, i just start to read a books, yet i dont know which one to read. how poor i am. on the contrary, im in vietnam, a small country, to find an authentic to read is easy, yet to bear the cost is a matter. i have no idea where to find a good book with cheap price. hehe...
Sen

senphoi
Silver Member

thanks

Post by senphoi » Wed May 16, 2007 3:10 pm

hey Xana,
why do you all give me the articles of loan and equity? do you know any novles or short stories online?
thanks for your articles anyway.
Sen

jmiya

Post by jmiya » Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:08 pm

I just finished reading the Harry Potter book ( half bllod prince). It was okey, but not as good as book 2-4. Im looking for more books to read not I dnt know any titles that are nice to read. If you have any suggestion pls feel free to inform me.i like adventures and romance books , but more on adventures like HP :)

senphoi
Silver Member

Post by senphoi » Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:07 am

well,i love to have a chance to read the book "the worl is flat". this book is recommended in the Opral show. i heard that it is great. however, i dont know where i can get the free version in the Net. to buy an authentic of this kind is not cheap in my place. hey do you know any site that can read this book?
thank you u guys
Sen

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Post by Dixie » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:52 am

The last two books I read are L'església del Mar by Ildefonso Falcones and Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea. Right now I'm reading Gabriel Garcia Márquez's Cien Años de Soledad. I started reading it because of the good critics I have always heard about it, but the truth is I'm really bored with the book. Has anyone here read it?

Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Post by Tora » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:46 pm

Dixie wrote: Has anyone here read it?
I have. I can't remember wether it was boring or not for me... but I definitely remember the book - that means the book really worth reading. It's just classics you can't evade...

Dixie

Post by Dixie » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:06 pm

Tora wrote: I have. I can't remember wether it was boring or not for me... but I definitely remember the book - that means the book really worth reading. It's just classics you can't evade...
That's one of the main reasons why I am reading the book, it's a classic. I am aware of my "cultural void" and I want to fix it. I do like the book, but sometimes it's a little... blah! But one thing I am sure of is that I want to finish it.

Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Post by Tora » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:06 am

I hope it wouldn't be that hard for you - as I know you READ books :wink: Another reason to be proud of yourself when you finish it finally