Quran

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Elba
Gold Member

Postby Elba » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:01 am

Redy,

I´m proud of you. Even you don´t belive in any religion you have the disposition to not close your mind and acept to know one of the most interesting books arround the world, and a 100 per cent holly book.
You must to read the chapter of Maria.

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:28 am

oh, unbelievable! Quran mentioned Maria!

Elba, when I read your post, I jumped to the chapter about Maria. but it seems that Maria of Quan is so different than Maria of Bible. each religion has its own explanation about the same stuff.

Yeah, I am an Atheist. so from my viewpoint, each explanation is for its own religion.

and in Quran, Juses was a messenger of Allah just like Muhammad!

juhainah
Silver Member

Postby juhainah » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:44 am

Thanks RedRose for giving me the translator's name. I'll try to find that book.

It's good to hear that you wanna learn Arabic. At least u can count from 1 until 9 in Arabic. Don't give up, the task that takes a long time begins with one step (this is a proverb in Arabic). I can teach u Aranic if u want :) .

I totally agree with what u have said Elba. I also like this sense of quest in RedRose. Talking of the chapter of Maria, Maria of Bible is different than Maria of Quran. Moreover, Jesus is a messenger of Allah like Mohammed. We can talk in details about this issue. I'll be back to do so. If u have anything to discuss concerning this subject, RedRose, don't hesitate. I can inform u with anything dealt with each chapter.

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:16 am

Elba wrote:Redy,

I´m proud of you. Even you don´t belive in any religion you have the disposition to not close your mind and acept to know one of the most interesting books arround the world

I was going to say the same!! Everybody should be as open-minded as RedRose. She doesn't believe in religion, and yet she is interested in reading that book and seeing what it is like. I don't know many people who would do something like that. Great job, Zhu!!! ;) I am your greatest fan :D

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:37 am

Dixie wrote:
Elba wrote:´Great job, Zhu!!! ;) I am your greatest fan :D

OMG! last week my bf just said he was my fan(he meant, perverted fan), and now Dixie is my fan too. so Dixie is my second fan! :lol:

and juhainah, thank you for your help! if I have any problem when I start learning Arabic, I will let you know! :)

Elba
Gold Member

Postby Elba » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:30 pm

Redy,

I´m your fan too, and Frengo, and Unknownsu and all EC members.
I know Quran has a different concept of Maria, but it is important you know this point of view and what she mean to muslims. I´m not defend the chatolic concept of the mother of Jesus, but I´m not atack it too.
What I mean is that people should know what the religious symbols mean for anothers in order to not ofend the feelings of nobody. After Quran you should read something about the Bible, and of course I recomend you the Apocrif chapters of the Bible. They would be difficult to find, but you can do it at Internet.

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:48 am

thanks, fans! I will read Bible (although I already read some chapters of Bible online). and Now I have to read Quran. :lol:

Sometimes, religion books can widen our sights, and help us learn other cutures. that is pretty cool.

Usama
Silver Member

Postby Usama » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:34 am

Hi...Can i join the disscusion?
or i will interrupt you.. :oops:

I am very glad to hear that you (redrose) enjoyed reading in Quran..
I am an arab also..and i can tell you whatever you want about Quran , Islam and Arabic language..(Such as juhainah :D )

Quran is really a superb book...it filled with a great number of miracles we can watch it nowadays...

and If you are intersted in reading more about maria in Quran, you can read the last sections of the third chapter in Quraan (Al-Emran)...Sory i am not quite sure of the spelling).

but i am really happy of being open-minded...

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:57 am

thanks usama for your enthusiastic help. Muslim are so kind.

yeah, I are reading Quran in detail. In this magic book, some explanations for natural phenomena are very amazing. some phonemena have been proved by modern advanced instruments just in pass 1000 years, but Quran described and explained these phonemena more than 1000 years ago! that is a real mystery!

Usama
Silver Member

Postby Usama » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:37 pm

RedRose wrote: but Quran described and explained these phonemena more than 1000 years ago! that is a real mystery!

You are absolutely right.. :)
and that is the miracle..

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:14 pm

RedRose wrote: so Dixie is my second fan! :lol:

Come on you knew from the very beginning!! :D I am your #1 fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOTE REDROSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen:

leen@rasel
Silver Member

Postby leen@rasel » Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:03 pm

of coursa my dear many people have raed this book because it is realy a book of truth and mericales it is the book of lessons and advices it is a sourse of strength power and hope no one realizes its worth until he reads it is realy a treasure and i thank you for your topic and iblieve that you are muslim, just like me ,who hopes that everyone one day will realize this fact :P and i would like to ask you for your e-mail and your country ....thanks :wink:

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:32 pm

wow! the Arabic 12345 is so different than what I have known before! thank you for your kind help.

Thalia, this homework is so hard for me :cry: by comparison, I rather read Quran's stories of english version. :lol:

in this book, at beginning, the author mentioned a scary story, which was about Adam!!! Adam had two sons, one was Abel, the other was Cain...Cain killed Abel for a woman!

and in Quan, Adam(Peace be upon him :) ) was just a messenger of Allah. I had never known that Adam was in Islam this way before. each religion is so different than the others.

Miss. Ladybird
Gold Member

Postby Miss. Ladybird » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:13 pm

RedRose wrote:wow! the Arabic 12345 is so different than what I have known before! thank you for your kind help..

any time! :wink:

RedRose wrote:Thalia, this homework is so hard for me :cry: by comparison, I rather read Quran's stories of english version. :lol: .

Then check Chapter XXVIII It's full of stories about most of the prophets(peace be upon them)

RedRose wrote:in this book, at beginning, the author mentioned a scary story, which was about Adam!!! Adam had two sons, one was Abel, the other was Cain...Cain killed Abel for a woman!

and in Quan, Adam(Peace be upon him :) ) was just a messenger of Allah. I had never known that Adam was in Islam this way before. each religion is so different than the others.

You are right! A lot of Non-Muslims think that we only believe in Mohamad(peace be upon him) as a messenger from Allah... and that is wrong....
We believe in Moses, Aron, Adam and Eve, Jesus, Job, Joseph, Jacob , etc..............

Usama
Silver Member

Postby Usama » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:19 am

You are right! A lot of Non-Muslims think that we only believe in Mohamad(peace be upon him) as a messenger from Allah... and that is wrong....
We believe in Moses, Aron, Adam and Eve, Jesus, Job, Joseph, Jacob , etc..............

You are definitely right...
and i think it's a big deal to have this wrong ideas.. :(

Elba
Gold Member

Postby Elba » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:02 am

Miss Ladybird,

Do you acepted me in your class.I have short time, too much activities but I´m going to try to be a good student :wink:

Miss. Ladybird
Gold Member

Postby Miss. Ladybird » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:27 pm

Elba wrote:Miss Ladybird,

Do you acepted me in your class.I have short time, too much activities but I´m going to try to be a good student :wink:

Of course I do........ :D
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... Teacher Thalia........ I kinda like it............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Marzieh
Silver Member

Postby Marzieh » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:01 pm

Great topic,Red rose!
You know, I was born a Muslim because my parents are Muslims.But I thought I should not take it for granted,like what most people do.I read many books about Islam and other religions ... and finally accepted Islam MYSELF although I was already a Muslim!! But now that I have done it I will never doubt or hesitate about this Holy religion!(I have started to learn Arabic in school in order to understand Quran better!!)You will enjoy reading Quran for sure! :D

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:06 pm

Thanks guys! you guys are so kind.

and yes, Quran is an amazing book! and this translator is really brilliant!

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:06 pm

RedRose wrote:Thanks guys! you guys are so kind.

and yes, Quran is an amazing book! and this translator is really brilliant!

I have briefly read through this forum and I must admit I am so impressed. No one is trying to force their opinions on anyone I put this down to REDROSE she is an amazing ambassador for this site. It is so nice that no one is judging or telling anyone what to believe; or forcing their opinions.

These are the only gifts that we really have in life (the right to form our own opinions). We all probably believe differently, and that is ok. We just have to accept that and gain the knowledge that we need to accept it.

Congradulations Redrose you are an inspiration.

I have looked at so many topics that end up in hateful words and you have just created a topic that everyone can feel free to open up in without being cut down. 8) 8)
Last edited by Shazzam on Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

frengo
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby frengo » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:25 pm

I am very interested in Quran, too, so i have started to read it briefly, just to have a first idea of it (later I will do so more deeply). Sometimes I find some part needing an explaination. For example, have you already read the verse N. 34 inside the "An-Nisâ'" (sure number 4)? I have read that in Italian, so I'm sorry but I cannot post it here. I would like to have a comment not only from you, but also from some Muslim woman. Thank you!

Furthermore, can you please give me an example of the scientific demonstrations you have found inside the Quran? I would like to read some of them (give me the Sure number and verse). Thanks...

Return to “Books & Authors”