dan brown

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:30 pm

yeah, I am Christian but I don't feel offended at all. it's only a book. nothing to feel hurt about..;p

martazzz
Silver Member

dan brown

Postby martazzz » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:27 pm

The lastest book i ve read is "The da vinci code" and "Angels and Demons"... They were so beautiful..Is there anyone has read them?? :D

ozlemysticgirl

Postby ozlemysticgirl » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:11 am

I agree with you they are so cool but thats my topic!be careful! :) :!:

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Re: dan brown

Postby Dixie » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:26 pm

martazzz wrote:The lastest book i ve read is "The da vinci code" and "Angels and Demons"... They were so beautiful..Is there anyone has read them?? :D

I've got all his novels (he's got 4). I loved them, but my favorite ones are the most popular ones: The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. I still don't know how there can be so many people that get mad when they read those novels.

trinity19
Silver Member

Postby trinity19 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:08 pm

i've only read the da vinci code and, although the story is very interesting, i think it gets worse as it comes to the end. i liked it but sometimes it seems more like a film than a novel...i don't know if someone has understood what i want to say cuz i don't know how to explain it in my language, so less in english! :roll:

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:39 pm

trinity19 wrote:i've only read the da vinci code and, although the story is very interesting, i think it gets worse as it comes to the end. i liked it but sometimes it seems more like a film than a novel...i don't know if someone has understood what i want to say cuz i don't know how to explain it in my language, so less in english! :roll:

Hehehehehe... Tell me in Catalan, maybe I can help you :lol: :lol:

I loved the book, it made me cry at the end :oops: :roll:

martazzz
Silver Member

Postby martazzz » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:29 pm

Trinity I've understood what you was tring to say.. yes it happend in a night it's very fast!! I've cried too at the end of Da Vinci Code.. It's so beautiful!! In italy the others dan brown novels are nomore in the libraries..uffff

DeadDream

Dan Brown ^^

Postby DeadDream » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:28 am

hi! ^^
i red the 'angels'n'demons'
its very attractive book with intresting plot
in russia this book is very popular
everyone read it and everyone find this the bestsaller
imo its unusually expirience in fiction literature
Dan Brown! i wish u success and inspiration
Fight 4 your L!

idalia
Gold Member

Postby idalia » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:51 am

The Da Vinci Code, one of the best novels I've ever read, it kept me interested page after page :wink: :wink:

An author who can do that, I mean keep the readers interested has to be Excellent just like Dan Brown

Fyfy

Postby Fyfy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:58 am

i don't know if what he wrote was true or false...

but it seemed to me more realistic than the Bible version

i mean jesus was a man, wasn't he? he certainly had a wife and they made love and they knew it was something absolutely great!
why the church has to condamn it?

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:45 pm

Fyfy wrote:i don't know if what he wrote was true or false...

but it seemed to me more realistic than the Bible version

i mean jesus was a man, wasn't he? he certainly had a wife and they made love and they knew it was something absolutely great!

Certainly is a strong word. We have no proof of this or whatsoever, for crying out loud.

trinity19
Silver Member

Postby trinity19 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:28 pm

Dixie wrote:Hehehehehe... Tell me in Catalan, maybe I can help you :lol: :lol:

i don't know how to explain myself in catalan neither! lol but is good to know there's someone that will understand me the day i know what i'm talking about!

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:41 pm

Fyfy wrote:i mean jesus was a man, wasn't he? he certainly had a wife and they made love and they knew it was something absolutely great!

The Catholic Church hides loads of things.

pob
Silver Member

Postby pob » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:08 pm

I'm proud I haven't and I will not read those kind of books. So I can make a difference between myself and the kind of people that like talking about anything someone gives them to talk about, even if that anything is actually nothing.

tikay
Gold Member

Dan Brown is okay...

Postby tikay » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:05 pm

His writing is pretty good but in no way is it better than so many others that I consider great....I liked the Da Vinci Code but it is not that amusing when you know about the subject already...still it gave me a bit more on the topic to consider and do an investigation on so...it was good.
I prefer Tom Robbins anyday. Try his book Skinny Legs and All for information on religious things with some humour involvement, and more of the fleshy-ness ... the sexi-ness of real life!
the movie in your mind I totally agree on that Da Vinci code was more like it was written for a movie/ screenplay than for an audience of readers...is that what you were saying...( if so then I agree).

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:00 pm

I am about to finish the book for the second time. I just love that book. I want to get the illustrated edition now.

I can't wait for the movie to be released! It's going to be releaded on May 19th (my birthday! :D what a present!!!!). I already saw the preview on the internet. At first I couldn't imagine Langdon played by Tom Hanks but now that I've seen him I think he totally fits the role!

Elba
Gold Member

Postby Elba » Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:59 am

Hanks is excellent and I´m sure he is perfect for this movie.
I´m chatolic too -a open mind chatolic or as my father say with my own style to be chatolic- and I´m not offended.
Sometimes I ask myself Am I really chatoluc???? :lol:

tikay
Gold Member

The Da Vinci code...is it real question.

Postby tikay » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:30 pm

On the question of The da Vinci code....if it is real. That is all in how you look at it. I believe the only things that are not real about the book are the characters themselves and the some of the places where they say that things in the book were hidden.
The Iluminatti and the rest are absolutely true...are you kidding me. this is a novel based on truths that everyone who has studied history in any depth knows...the Masons and those lodges are all based on these truths. There is only one explanation for the way that everyone seems to be so in the dark about this subject...you were not interested before in these things. I have read a few other books and had many talks on this subject before the book was written. The book is not entirely real...in the way you are asking...the story is totally in line with actual truth. Believe me I have studied it.
Secret societies of this sort are secret so that you and I will not know these truths.
Just like it is said in the book It is time for these things to be told. Exactly at this time ....entering the age of Aquarius...leaving the age of Pices ....he wrote the book because it is time for all to know these kind of truths even if he did it in novel form. Maybe he still wanted to keep his life.
It is a dangerous subject, in a way, just like it is shown in the Fictional book based on reality.
This is my thought on it anyway.
I am sad more people dont know these things. I have looked into them for a long time. Must be people are just becoming interested?
There are so many books on this subject now.

Dixie

Re: The Da Vinci code...is it real question.

Postby Dixie » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:38 pm

tikay wrote:On the question of The da Vinci code....if it is real. That is all in how you look at it. I believe the only things that are not real about the book are the characters themselves and the some of the places where they say that things in the book were hidden.
The Iluminatti and the rest are absolutely true...are you kidding me. this is a novel based on truths that everyone who has studied history in any depth knows...the Masons and those lodges are all based on these truths. There is only one explanation for the way that everyone seems to be so in the dark about this subject...you were not interested before in these things. I have read a few other books and had many talks on this subject before the book was written. The book is not entirely real...in the way you are asking...the story is totally in line with actual truth. Believe me I have studied it.
Secret societies of this sort are secret so that you and I will not know these truths.
Just like it is said in the book It is time for these things to be told. Exactly at this time ....entering the age of Aquarius...leaving the age of Pices ....he wrote the book because it is time for all to know these kind of truths even if he did it in novel form. Maybe he still wanted to keep his life.
It is a dangerous subject, in a way, just like it is shown in the Fictional book based on reality.
This is my thought on it anyway.
I am sad more people dont know these things. I have looked into them for a long time. Must be people are just becoming interested?
There are so many books on this subject now.

You're so right, Tikay. That stuff has been known by many people for years, and now that Brown published the book and millions of people read it, we became interested in the subject. I showed a copy of Leonardo's The Last Supper to my boyfriend the other day, and I said to him: "Look closely. Can you find a woman in the drawing?" And he said: "Of course. There she is", pointing at Mary Magdalene. I asked, "How did you know that?" And he said: "First, it's obvious it's a woman, just look at her. And second, everybody knows that, smartie!" :shock: I just discovered I can be really ignorant sometimes.

tikay
Gold Member

reply to Dixie

Postby tikay » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:23 pm

Hi Dixie...we are all ignorant about differant things . I am just very interested in these kinds of subjects. it started with reading Autobiography of a Yogi at fifteen years, and have not stopped studying these things from that time. it is about Indian Holy men and the incredible things they could do....as well as the journeys of Paramahansa Yogananda....these things are my favorite subjects that is all....the esoteric subjects so interesting. (Religious and otherwise).
I wanted to say thanks because i have been meaning to look at that picture with new eyes since reading the da vinci code...a few months ago. I put it off for a long time because I do not like thrillers....it was called a thriller? Who knows why it is not all that....thrilling or scary which i then expected.
Any way...now I will finally go look it up...that painting the Last Supper.
Thanks again Dixie!
your pal T.K.

Dixie

Re: reply to Dixie

Postby Dixie » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:08 am

I am looking at things differently too... you know... The other day I was chatting with my bf on msn and he sent one of those animations... It was a heart prosecuted by a sword... and I said "That is it... The chalice and the blade... feminine and masculine". He thought I was nuts :D

Return to “Books & Authors”